Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA Today- Sports Weekly- Special Supplement Issue: Power Rankings

88Comrade2000

USA Today's Sports Weekly has a special NFL Forcast 06 Issue out.

An early look at the upcoming season.

Here's their Top 11.

1. Pittsburgh

2. Indianapolis

3. Carolina

4. Seattle

5. Denver

6. New England

7. N.Y. Giants

8. Cincinnati

9. Washington

10. Philadelphia

11. Dallas

They rank the NFC EAST:

1. Giants

2. Skins

3. Eagles

4. Boys

They have us as the 4th best NFC team.

USA Today's Sports Weekly has a special NFL Forcast 06 Issue out.

An early look at the upcoming season.

Here's their Top 11.

1. Pittsburgh

2. Indianapolis

3. Carolina

4. Seattle

5. Denver

6. New England

7. N.Y. Giants

8. Cincinnati

9. Washington

10. Philadelphia

11. Dallas

They rank the NFC EAST:

1. Giants

2. Skins

3. Eagles

4. Boys

They have us as the 4th best NFC team.

and the skins fandom is in love with USA Today. these guys will get all the love from here on forward, ......until they say one little itsy bitsy negative thing about the skins and they are on the shiet list.

I believe thats a good ranking. Although I believe #8 is too high for cinncinatti considering Palmer has the injury issues and their solid backup now plays for Detroit. Also, I'm not upset with the Giants being ranked ahead of us. They won the division crown last season and had an impressive offseason. I can see why their picked ahead of us. We will just have to beat them on the field. It speaks volumes about our division that Dallas is ranked #11 overall but picked last in the division. The teams in the NFC east are going to beat on each other almost every week.

The way the Giants finished the season, plus the fact the Skins were 1 blown call from the NFCE championship, had a better division & conference record, won in the playoffs and we're the most improved team during the off-season....., I can't see ranking them above the Skins

and the skins fandom is in love with USA Today. these guys will get all the love from here on forward, ......until they say one little itsy bitsy negative thing about the skins and they are on the shiet list.

That's why I refuse to piss and moan about criticism and be jubilant when something positive is written. The one thing that did piss me off though is the snubbing of Monk......again. :mad:

Personally, the more negative articles about our team, the better. It's that much sweeter when we prove them wrong......again. :)

Going into the season we have to be favored to win the NFC...Im a skins fan but far from a homer and I do understand the fact that we have a huge deficiency at QB. As strong as this team will be, we should be able to over come that and no one should be favored ahead of us right now.

Eagles and Patriots in the top 11? Please.

And the only NFC team that could be ranked higher than the Skins is Seattle, they have done a great job this offseason. Luckily for the Skins, the Seapukes will be suffering from the Madden Cover and losing the Superbowl Jinx's

I think if you switch Indy with Carolina, and us with New England, the list would be more accurate in my opinion.

I agree with VAK - Colts and Pats lost some very key players. Sure they have great coaches, but so do we. And we GAINED some very key players. Only player we lost is that guy who played for Penn St....what was his name again? Hold on, let me see if I can find the thread where he was mentioned. :laugh:

The way the Giants finished the season, plus the fact the Skins were 1 blown call from the NFCE championship, had a better division & conference record, won in the playoffs and we're the most improved team during the off-season....., I can't see ranking them above the Skins

Just more proof of REDSKINS hatred (actually Snyder hating). GIANTS #1 NFC East?? you kidding me???

THINK OF THIS; if the NFL didnt give the midgets an extra HOME game they (IMO) wouldve had our same record THUS WE HAD THE NFC East title.

'NUFF SAID

You guys keep looking at the loss the Giants suffered in the playoffs not taking into account the condition they were in. No starting LB'ers which is why Carolina ran for over 200 yards and controlled the clock. The Panthers had the ball for over 42 minutes which I'm sure can be contributed to the names you would see at the LB'ing position. Manning having an injured throwing arm. I am sure these rankings are being based on healthy teams and not what was left of the Giants in the playoffs last year. Plus the additions that were made.

i think the giants should be the favorite for the division. eli will continue coming into his own. their defense should be improved. the big key will be the health and age of tiki, amani, and their a-hole tight end. the nfc east is neck and neck to me

Carolina is overrated. They are not better than the Redskins or the Giants, and they damn sure aren't better than the Seahawks. Also, Pittsburgh shouldn't be #1. Yes, they won the Super Bowl, but they lost more talent (Bettis, Randle El) than they have gained this offseason, and I don't think they were the best team last year, just the team that won the games when they counted the most.

Last year, out of the top 12 from the ESPN.com power rankings that came out at about this time, only 4 made the playoffs. The same number made the playoffs from the bottom 10. So we'll see.

Can't get much more accurate than that!

']You guys keep looking at the loss the Giants suffered in the playoffs not taking into account the condition they were in. No starting LB'ers which is why Carolina ran for over 200 yards and controlled the clock. The Panthers had the ball for over 42 minutes which I'm sure can be contributed to the names you would see at the LB'ing position. Manning having an injured throwing arm. I am sure these rankings are being based on healthy teams and not what was left of the Giants in the playoffs last year. Plus the additions that were made.

Let me get this straight: We beat Tampa Bay, the #2 seed, AT Tampa Bay with an injured quarterback, running back, receiver, offensive line, and cornerback, and you're whining about your linebackers and Manning's arm? Give me a break. You were at home and were far from impressive the last part of the season. To make excuses like that is uncharacteristic of you, Tom. We were head and shoulers above you the last half of the season, and to argue that is laughable.

And in terms of additions? Please, man, our offseason was amazing. Yours wasn't bad, but, all of your additions combined don't equal Saunders alone.

That was to the point and eloqently stated. Took the thought right out of my mouth. I think we would be slotted 6 at worse.

']You guys keep looking at the loss the Giants suffered in the playoffs not taking into account the condition they were in. No starting LB'ers which is why Carolina ran for over 200 yards and controlled the clock. The Panthers had the ball for over 42 minutes which I'm sure can be contributed to the names you would see at the LB'ing position. Manning having an injured throwing arm. I am sure these rankings are being based on healthy teams and not what was left of the Giants in the playoffs last year. Plus the additions that were made.

Okay. The skins also had a gimpy Mark Brunell, a banged-up Clinton Portis, an injured O-line, Our #2 WR was out, we had a banged up secondary and then our star safety was kicked out of the game. Yet, the skins still pulled off a road win in Tampa Bay. You can use all the excuses you want for the giants. The fact is, at the end of the season, the skins' were clearly the best team out of the division. There is no excuse for getting shut out at home in a playoff game.

This further proves the point that the Giants were overrated the entire season. They had an extra home game and had all of their toughest games at home.

Archived