Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In the spotlight: Carlos Rogers - Redskins.scout.com

Skins4481

When Washington tabbed cornerback Carlos Rogers with the ninth pick in the 2005 draft they were hoping that he would be a solid contributor during his rookie year. They got just that. He played in 12 games, starting five of them. Against the run he displayed the hard-hitting style that Gregg Williams demands from his corners. In his first start he put his hat on a ball in the arms of the league MVP Shaun Alexander, popping it loose. Although the ball rolled out of bounds his willingness to put his hat on the ball was established.

redskins.scout.com for full article.

If Rogers goes down Kenny Wright would move up to the #2 spot, and I imagine Ade Jimoh would be the Nickel Back. That could be dangerous...Jimoh isn't very solid at CB, and I'm not sure how Wright would fare against #2 recievers- I've never seen him play.

I was absolutely thrilled with the way Carlos played this year. He really stepped up to the plate at a position where the Redskins were pretty thin.

I'm glad to see a non-biased source dishing out credit where it is deserved.

its from redskins.scout.com AKA warpathinsiders.net so I think it's a little bit biased.

If Rogers goes down Kenny Wright would move up to the #2 spot, and I imagine Ade Jimoh would be the Nickel Back. That could be dangerous...Jimoh isn't very solid at CB, and I'm not sure how Wright would fare against #2 recievers- I've never seen him play.

I watched a fair amount of tape on Wright this season. He was Jacksonville's #2 CB last year. From what I saw, he will be a bit of an upgrade over Walt Harris. They played a lot of zone coverage, so it was hard to judge his cover skills. I wasn't that impressed with his tackling... so I'd be a little concerned about his physicality if he had to play the #2 or #1.

I actually think Jimoh is more physical than Wright from what I've seen of Wright and remember for Ade. It's no guarantee that Wright will win out the nickel-back competition.

rogers is an awesome tackler, if he was healty and started all season he could have easliy led all corners with tackles with about 70, and the last 3 gms he played during the reg season he had 8 7 and 6 tackled and 5 in both play off games, hes great at the run, and his coverage skills are getting up there as well. top 10 even top 5 may not be out of the question.

I watched a fair amount of tape on Wright this season. He was Jacksonville's #2 CB last year. From what I saw, he will be a bit of an upgrade over Walt Harris. They played a lot of zone coverage, so it was hard to judge his cover skills. I wasn't that impressed with his tackling... so I'd be a little concerned about his physicality if he had to play the #2 or #1.

I actually think Jimoh is more physical than Wright from what I've seen of Wright and remember for Ade. It's no guarantee that Wright will win out the nickel-back competition.

Anything is an upgrade from Nickel back after last year. Harris started off the season with some solid games (particularly the first Dallas game), but it all went downhill from there. I swear he forgot how to tackle midseason.

Carlos still has quite a way to go. I remember seeing him get burned badly on a couple plays and we were lucky enough that the QB either didn't see Carlos' mistake or threw a bad pass. I was impressed with the way he tackled and stood up against the run. He is going to have to be physical to excell in GW's system.

I think it is way too early to say he is gonna be top 10 or top 5 or whatever, I do think that he isgoing to be the 1st round CB that actually stays on this team and contributes to a great defense here in Washington for many years.

Archived