Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Donovan McNabb first mini camp press conference

Bostic Hog

I don't understand how Iggle fans can ignore this statement. The NFC East has improved tremendously talent wise and at the coaching level in the past two years. This is not the same division that they dominated for 4 years, and Iggle fans know it. Personally, I think you Iggle fans are scared. You know deep down that the window is closed and the run is over.

Sorry Iggle fans, better luck in the next 20 years when your next dominant team shows up...

I just look at the Eagles record vs everyone else during the same time period. Oh wait, they all sucked too, right?

BTW, every year the Eagles won the division, there was a good to very good team in the division, except for 2004. The Giants were very good with Collins, Barber, Shockey, and Toomer in 2000-2002. Dallas was very good in 2003. Eagles dominated in 2004. Last year, the NFC East was still pretty weak in my opinion.

But yeah, if it makes you guys feel better to continually keep repeating the same "NFC East was weak!!!!" as if they were the only teams the Eagles played.

Dallas was very good in 2003. Eagles dominated in 2004. Last year, the NFC East was still pretty weak in my opinion.

But yeah, if it makes you guys feel better to continually keep repeating the same "NFC East was weak!!!!" as if they were the only teams the Eagles played.

Dallas was good in 03????? Dude, we were the worst 10-6 team in the history of the NFL. Horrendous, it still baffles me how we won that many games. Every single call went our way that year, all of them. And I'm a cowboy fan telling you that.

And the division was weak last year???? Are you crazy? The third best record was 9-7. If you guys hadn't stunk so bad, everyone would have had a winning record.

There is no way you can deny that the NFC East has been weak for the last 5 years outside of a couple good Giants teams. No way.

Now I have respect for the Eagles, cause weak division or not, they took care of business every year, but when they got to the upper level of competition in the NFC championship games, they choked it like Pee Wee Herman in an adult theatre. Simple as that.

I really thought all of this stuff would die down once TO left the team, but to me the most disturbing thing was after TO got the boot, how many of your players went to his B-day party in NYC????? That was an absolute biatch slap to McNabb. Talk about disrespect. After all that crap went down, and some players took off to TO's birthday party? Unexcusable.

I really thought all of this stuff would die down once TO left the team, but to me the most disturbing thing was after TO got the boot, how many of your players went to his B-day party in NYC????? That was an absolute biatch slap to McNabb. Talk about disrespect. After all that crap went down, and some players took off to TO's birthday party? Unexcusable.

Tha party was in A.C. and their was only about 8 or 9 Eagles players at the party. Not sure about you, but 8 out of 53 is a 6.625 % of the actual roster who went to his party. Not even 10%..... :doh:

Tha party was in A.C. and their was only about 8 or 9 Eagles players at the party. Not sure about you, but 8 out of 53 is a 6.625 % of the actual roster who went to his party. Not even 10%..... :doh:

Ok, how many of the 8-9 were starters? If they all were, that would put it up to 40%. Nobody cares if a 3rd string Nose tackle went. Now that would be significant.

yea but that 8 players were all your best players i.e. Jevon Kearse. I really think that by them going to the party, they totally disrespected Donovan and the whole Eagles team. Think about. The guy screws up your team chemistry and your entire season yet you go to his party and hang out with him? Thats just wrong. :(

Oh really...

In fact, nearly 20 Eagles went to Owens' birthday party in Atlantic City in December, after he was kicked off the team.

http://www.nbc10.com/nfl081/index.html

Jevon Kearse and Lito Sheppard were among the 11 Eagles who had arrived at the party by 11:15. By one count, there were 19 Eagles at the party, including players on injured reserve and the practice squad.

Receiver Darnerien McCants was the first Eagles player to arrive. He was followed by tight ends L.J. Smith, Stephen Spach and Andy Thorn, injured linebacker Greg Richmond and injured running back Brian Westbrook.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/eagles/2005-12-13-owens-party_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

A quick google search is all it took. Anyways, I see some pretty big names there; Kearse, Sheppard, L.J. Smith, Westbrook, even Freddie Mitchell was there.

4 starters on the current team, and in my opinion, good starters. That's 18% of the starting line up. 19 out of 53 is 36%, though that is a bit off because some were practice squad players.

Nothing against McNabb, but I just wanted to make sure the facts were straight.

Oh really...

In fact, nearly 20 Eagles went to Owens' birthday party in Atlantic City in December, after he was kicked off the team.

http://www.nbc10.com/nfl081/index.html

Jevon Kearse and Lito Sheppard were among the 11 Eagles who had arrived at the party by 11:15. By one count, there were 19 Eagles at the party, including players on injured reserve and the practice squad.

Receiver Darnerien McCants was the first Eagles player to arrive. He was followed by tight ends L.J. Smith, Stephen Spach and Andy Thorn, injured linebacker Greg Richmond and injured running back Brian Westbrook.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/eagles/2005-12-13-owens-party_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

A quick google search is all it took. Anyways, I see some pretty big names there; Kearse, Sheppard, L.J. Smith, Westbrook, even Freddie Mitchell was there.

4 starters on the current team, and in my opinion, good starters. That's 18% of the starting line up. 19 out of 53 is 36%, though that is a bit off because some were practice squad players.

Nothing against McNabb, but I just wanted to make sure the facts were straight.

Maybe then I should have stated 8 or 9 key players. Point taken, though I wouldn't include Andy Thorn, Steven Spach or injured LB Greg Richmond on that list.

I stand corrected. :applause:

It's funny. Most of the single guys were quoted as saying they went to the party because they knew hot broads would be there. Shoot, if I'm a single guy, I'd go to anyone's party if I knew it was going to be off the hook.

But to the casual NFC East fan, every player drew the line in the sand before going. :laugh:

It's funny. Most of the single guys were quoted as saying they went to the party because they knew hot broads would be there. Shoot, if I'm a single guy, I'd go to anyone's party if I knew it was going to be off the hook.

But to the casual NFC East fan, every player drew the line in the sand before going. :laugh:

I really hope that Eagles players think that way, because if so, then they truely are idiotic.

Rule: You never go to the party of your best friend's ex-boy/girlfriend.

Rationalize it all you want Eagles fans, there's trouble down on the farm.

That McNabb has to answer a question about his teammates' loyalty is proof.

...and then McNabb says he's not there to make friends :doh: .

Is there tension on the team or isn't there?

Well, this is just another distraction that the Eagles have to deal with. The TO games will be a distraction. In a division so tightly competitive, things like these can tip the scale.

You Philly fans sound scared....you should be. McNabb has turned into a head case.

Rationalize it all you want Eagles fans, there's trouble down on the farm.

That McNabb has to answer a question about his teammates' loyalty is proof.

...and then McNabb says he's not there to make friends :doh: .

Is there tension on the team or isn't there?

Well, this is just another distraction that the Eagles have to deal with. The TO games will be a distraction. In a division so tightly competitive, things like these can tip the scale.

You Philly fans sound scared....you should be. McNabb has turned into a head case.

Why should Philly fans be afraid when we have Ryan Howard, Chase Utley and Aaron Rowand to cheer for? :D

As soon as McNabb is McNabb in real games, everything will be back to normal. I'm glad we open the season with an easy schedule. Let the team start rolling and get some swagger back.

yes but...live by the sword die by the sword. if you start of that easy schedule losing you may never recover.

yes but...live by the sword die by the sword. if you start of that easy schedule losing you may never recover.

Oh, I certainly agree. Without a hot start, it will be VERY DIFFICULT to make the playoffs.

I have the feeling the Birds start out 5-1, and look around and think, "We are back".

Confidence goes a LONG way during a long season.

Oh, I certainly agree. Without a hot start, it will be VERY DIFFICULT to make the playoffs.

I have the feeling the Birds start out 5-1, and look around and think, "We are back".

Confidence goes a LONG way during a long season.

indeed it does.

Yeah, we all know how pro football players have such a hard time finding hot broads. :doh: Dude, you can rationalize anything. :laugh:

I don't care if he called Andy Reid fat. I just want a ring. I'm confident with McNabb at the helm. He's dominated this division for years. You and everyone else know it. It's a fact. He will be back into form this season.
The only hope NFC East fans have is that there is a problem with McNabb. Deep down, they have watched him dominate the division, when healthy, for the last 5-6 years. They know if he is back, the Eagles will roll. I love it.

You 2 are something else. You guys were winless in the NFC East last year, but McNabb will dominate this year, even though he still isn't healthy. I promise you guys, Cowboys, Giants, and Skins fans are not scared of the Eagles any more than they are the rest of the division.

I've always respected McNabb for playing hard, often without much support around him, but he has never been a dominant QB. He was a good scrambler on a team with a great defense in a very weak division.

Dominant QBs win big games. Montana, Elway, Brady...they are dominant QBs. McNabb choked in nearly every big game he ever played in. You won't see Brady or Montana throwing balls in the dirt and barfing on the sidelines in the superbowl.

Dude now you're just making excuses. You know that what they did was ****ed up and I'd be surprised if Donovan McNaab didnt have an issue with this.

That is such a crock !!!!! Yeah, you'd go, cause you can't nail hot girls, (me neither for that matter), but if you're an NFL football player, you can nail them all day every day. You don't need to go to TO's party to get laid.

It is absolutely ridiculous for you to downplay that party.

You 2 are something else. You guys were winless in the NFC East last year, but McNabb will dominate this year, even though he still isn't healthy. I promise you guys, Cowboys, Giants, and Skins fans are not scared of the Eagles any more than they are the rest of the division.

I've always respected McNabb for playing hard, often without much support around him, but he has never been a dominant QB. He was a good scrambler on a team with a great defense in a very weak division.

Dominant QBs win big games. Montana, Elway, Brady...they are dominant QBs. McNabb choked in nearly every big game he ever played in. You won't see Brady or Montana throwing balls in the dirt and barfing on the sidelines in the superbowl.

1. What makes you think he isn't healthy.

2. You are STILL left with Brunnell. :laugh:

That is such a crock !!!!! Yeah, you'd go, cause you can't nail hot girls, (me neither for that matter), but if you're an NFL football player, you can nail them all day every day. You don't need to go to TO's party to get laid.

It is absolutely ridiculous for you to downplay that party.

It's absolutely ridiculous for you to see things so black and white. TO had/has friends on that team. Jeez, you expect that if your friend invited you to his birthday party, and has never did anything to you personally, you would turn him down just because of how it might be perceived as you taking his side over McNabbs?

You guys seriously are reaching so far your arms are about to come out of their sockets.

Archived