Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen Davis or CP?

skinfan2k

For what its worth, I looked it up Allen's college info too: I was surprised to learn he was a 9th round pick by Minnesota. How 'bout that?

Terry Allen was starting to have himself a heck of a college career at Clemson but just like Davis, blew his knee out and his value dropped as well.

An eery coincidence huh?

I bet if gibbs had a choice, just looking at film and not knowing anything else about these guys I bet he'd take Davis over CP. Davis was great between the tackles look what he did under marty ball his first season. But he's learned alot working with CP. He's changes some of the running calls and has found a way to succeed with a RB whos not all the big like riggo was.

i guess it seems like the trade for champ favored us? I mean, our new corner Carlos Rogers def has the possibility of being better than champ

I don't see Carlos Rogers being better than Champ, he'll be good though. He forces fumbles with technique wich means he dosnt just try to knock the **** outta them and it works usually. He follows the ball in the air well and has good speed for a cornerback. He is a better tackler than Shawn Springs and thats saying somthing.

Alot of people say we need to find Shawn Springs successor. Well, we have already found him its just we havnt found Fred Smoots yet if you know what I mean :D .

Anyway, Carlos Rogers is gonna be a premier cornerback in this league pro bowls or not.

How about we get Stephen Davis in free agency right now and see for ourselves...just kidding

I say Clinton Portis is the better all-around back, Stephen Davis would be a better running back for a Gibbs type of team. Either way, CP got 1,500 yards last season which sets the record so I'd rather have CP on the team.

I love this thread, and i remember back when it was said that

thank god 48 is here to save us, stephen davis, world famouse. When in his prime if gibbs was the coach, Davis would have been one of the best fits ever for gibbs, he worked hard, won over the linemen (we beleive in stephen) and could pound defenders.

The first year portis was here, it looked like gibbs needed a davis type back. However portis has evolved into a great all around player, but to say it simply in the classic gibbs system davis would be perfect, however in the new system clinton is doin just fine

I mean - its kind of an unfair question. They were 2 very different kinds of back, but they are now more similar. Portis was a speed guy, tough, and loved the outside. Davis was big, strong, tough and loved the inside. Portis bulked up last offseason to become the type of back that Davis naturally was, and then combined it with his speed and athleticism. With that being said, I think Portis is the better back for Gibbs because:

1) He's not afraid to give his input to Coach

2) He can go inside

3) He can go outside

4) He's one hell of a playmaker and has a character that is irreplaceable.

:logo:

I always wondered why the Frack would they not want Davis under

Spurrier I remember watching a ESPN sun. night game,The Skins

were playing & couldn't mount a running game if they were playing

downhill.

Thiesman askes "Were's Washington's running game?"

Paul says "It's in Carolina" I couldn't help but laugh

Clinton Portis is the best back in the league. Did Davis even play a game last season? And CP is more of a leader and motivator, he's not getting into fights with teammates (Westbrook vs. Davis). Clinton was hurt all last year and still was a beast, you will see him go for 2,000 yards this season. Al Saunders knows what he is doing, so does Gibbs.

Clinton Portis is the best back in the league. Did Davis even play a game last season? And CP is more of a leader and motivator, he's not getting into fights with teammates (Westbrook vs. Davis). Clinton was hurt all last year and still was a beast, you will see him go for 2,000 yards this season. Al Saunders knows what he is doing, so does Gibbs.

while stephen was a BEAST for the lackluster COACHES he had here... CLINTON DID WHAT LAST YEAR?????

oh yeah; JUST BROKE REDSKINS SEASON RUSHING RECORD, thats all.......

Archived