Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone else annoyed by the ravens fans?

Monstertruck

I bring this up cuz recenty I have been getting alot of lip from ravens fans.

The thing about the ravens that pisses me off so much is that more than half of them use to be Redskins fans that gave up and jumped on the ravens bandwagon. Idk, just want to see if im the only one.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck and ravens suck

I dont live up there so I dont run into any Raven's fans. When I go to O's games sometimes I get in to it with some Baltimorons but not often. Their team sufficiently sucks now. They dont believe that QB is an important position I guess.

I go to UMBC and wear a Redskins hat every day. No, not the same one, I have like five. Anyway, I get crap all the time, but all it takes is a reminder that 3>1.

One of my best friends is a Ravens fan and hates the Redskins because JKC tried to prevent Baltimore from getting a team, which I feel is a pretty legitimate reason. But, well, F the Browns.

I'm engaged to the woman of my dreams...who happens to be a big Ravens fan...along with her entire family. We kid each other in good fun, but they're generally cool about it. I did get a lot of lip from other Ravens fans however when I took her to the Skins-Ravens preseason game last year.

I'm engaged to the woman of my dreams...who happens to be a big Ravens fan...along with her entire family. We kid each other in good fun, but they're generally cool about it. I did get a lot of lip from other Ravens fans however when I took her to the Skins-Ravens preseason game last year.

Hey neighbor!

Ravens fans aren't worth worrying about. You have to remember that for the last ten years they always had a team that was doing well. In 1996-97 it was the Orioles, then when they started to go down the toilet the Ravens got good. Now both of their teams suck and they're confused.

A lot of them believe that Steve McNair - Steve McNair! - is the answer to all their problems. Of course, he hasn't been the answer for Tennessee in about 5 seasons, but that's what they think.

In reality, they need to completely blow that team up and start from scratch. Both lines, for instance, are horrible, and you simply can't win NFL games with horrible lines. So once the season starts and the lines, which have not been adressed, continue to cost them games, they'll quiet down and you won't hear much from them until next offseason.

Most of the Ravens fans I know are bangwagon fans as well with the Super bowl still fresh in their memories they talk crap endlessly about how they have the best defense in the entire league and Trent Dilfer is their quarterback. And they have those 2 huge tackles to stuff the line and allow The best LB in NFL history to make plays....

Oh that was years ago. NEvermind

Shouldn't this thread be merged with http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155397 ?

I remember going to Ravens games in the late 90's when they were struggling and people would always start chanting "F the Redskins!"

I would have to say that a lot of people in the DC/Md area that didn't really like the Skins for whatever reason, jumped on the Ravens bandwagon and that used to bother me.

Sort of a similar situation now with the Orioles and Nationals.

The Ravens have pretty much established their fanbase and there is not really much switching of loyalties. I have been a Skins fan my whole life and I find nothing wrong with cheering for the Ravens - I wouldn't consider them a rival.

Plus, I got love for The U. Got to respect way Ray and Ed have done.

I was impressed at a Ravens Monday night game last year (vs. the Packers) to see that they have great support even through a disappointing season.

Reality is that there are probably more Redskins bandwagoners than there are Ravens.

I was impressed at a Ravens Monday night game last year (vs. the Packers) to see that they have great support even through a disappointing season.

I was at that game, too. Damn it was cold.

I caught a fair amount of flack for wearing my Redskins jacket but it was all harmless fun. That was the day after the Redskins beat the crap out of the Cowboys, so they could say whatever they wanted to.

when people out of state ask me why i'am not a ravens fan instead of the redskins, one of my many responses is that i like football before 1996-97 or whenever the ravens came on the map, it just weeded out the local so-so redskins fans and the bandwagon fans if you ask me

:logo:

Ravens fans seem to have dissappeared...they were all hype after the SB win but I have not seen someone in a Ravens jersey in forever (I live near both cities). I only know one Ravens fan personally and he is just like every other smack talking fan.

90% not alive to see the Colts? WHAT!!

You clearly pulled that stat out of your *ss

remember they moved in the early 80's.

My Dad is a 47 right now, and he was in college when the Colts left. Figure around the age of 10 or 11 is the age when you start to follow sports. That would mean anyone over the age of 37 right now was alive to watch the Colts and actually understand what was going on.

And as for the original post, i grew up in Baltimore and i was friends with mostly ravens fans. I dont know about you guys, but my friends bled purple and gold in the same fashion we bleed burgandy and gold. They are quarrelsome about their team, but who isn't. My friends were knowledgable fans that understood the game well. I would get annoyed by them in the years 2000 and 2001, but thats unpreventable. My team was sucking and their team was romping. That would happen with any fans. I also like the passion their fans bring to their stadium. They make it loud....

As much as i hate their team, there's nothing wrong with their rightfully intense fans. Same could be said about us. We're passionate and defensive. So are they.

I bring this up cuz recenty I have been getting alot of lip from ravens fans.

The thing about the ravens that pisses me off so much is that more than half of them use to be Redskins fans that gave up and jumped on the ravens bandwagon. Idk, just want to see if im the only one.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck and ravens suck

Just call them the Baltimore Browns!! They'll get pissed.

I go to UMBC and wear a Redskins hat every day. No, not the same one, I have like five. Anyway, I get crap all the time, but all it takes is a reminder that 3>1.

One of my best friends is a Ravens fan and hates the Redskins because JKC tried to prevent Baltimore from getting a team, which I feel is a pretty legitimate reason. But, well, F the Browns.

Umm actually 5 to 1

Reality is that there are probably more Redskins bandwagoners than there are Ravens.

I can't believe you called Redskins fans bandwagoners. We've been sold out for how many years in a row? and continue to be sold out in the future? I think it's the other way around. More Raven bandwagon fans.

I usually end up telling them to "Go back to Dundalk"

you and I need to hang out... I say the same thing. In fact, after the Skins lost to the Ravens 2 years ago at FedEx that's all I screamed at any Raven fan I saw outside the stadium.

I also love calling M and T Bank Stadium, Mullets and Trailers Bank Stadium... that gets them fired up too....

The weird part for me is that I'm a huge O's fan, so I always tell people that the city is called "Baltimore" in the spring/summer, but "Dundalk" in the fall/winter.

Archived