Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IQ Test

AJ_Skins

Congratulations, zoony

Your IQ score is 200 (perfect)

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Friggin Genius. This means you're exceptional in everything that you do, and all ES Users should bow to your superior knowledge. You should also get a sideline pass to all of the home games this year in light of your superior intellect. Congratulations, zoony... you are indeed the man.

:cool:

Congratulations, zoony

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Friggin Genius. This means you're exceptional in everything that you do, and all ES Users should bow to your superior knowledge. You should also get a sideline pass to all of the home games this year in light of your superior intellect. Congratulations, zoony... you are indeed the man.

Meh, i'd rather have the $19.75 in quarters I got. :silly:

Congratulations, zoony

:nana:

Congratulations, jrock!

Your IQ score is 201 (perfect + 1)

Your Intellectual Type is Friggin Mega Genius. This means you are more geniuser than even the most geniusiest person...well...EVER! If Albert Einstein were still alive, he'd be genuflecting to the altar of your brain. Stephen Hawking probably stole all his work from you. If you are not the the president of the US yet, you should be. Anyone reading this should immediately send a substantial donation to jrock to support his campaign for the presidency - anything over $50 should be appropriate.

Congratulations, jrock!

Your Intellectual Type is Friggin Mega Genius. This means you are more geniuser than even the most geniusiest person...well...EVER! If Albert Einstein were still alive, he'd be genuflecting to the altar of your brain. Stephen Hawking probably stole all his work from you. If you are not the the president of the US yet, you should be. Anyone reading this should immediately send a substantial donation to jrock to support his campaign for the presidency - anything over $50 should be appropriate.

damn.. i got only a 115 as a 19 yr old.. is that good or can i improve or will i drop as i get older?

Damn, that's a good setup!

Here goes...Expect marked improvement through your twenties followed by a significant - and somewhat depressing - drop sometime in your mid-thirties!

However, I have found that this "droppage" can be partially offset by increased earning power! :laugh:

IQ tends to rise over time, but if you're really worried about the number, get off your computer and go read a book. ;)

the thing is, i hate reading books. i mean i can stay in 1 spot and read a book unless its a good book and straight forward. I mean alot of books i read for school need some though and don't really say stuff up front. i hate those

Damn, that's a good setup!

Here goes...Expect marked improvement through your twenties followed by a significant - and somewhat depressing - drop sometime in your mid-thirties!

However, I have found that this "droppage" can be partially offset by increased earning power! :laugh:

what do u mean by good setup? i dont follow u.. is 119 a good score for a college student who does not have the greatest reading skills?

Congratulations, jrock!

:laugh: :laugh: :notworthy

JRock is the least genius person I have ever met

:laugh: :laugh:

JRock is the least geniusest person I have ever met

Oh, Albert just says that because he stole relativity from me. So now he tries to act like I'm all dumb, even though he knows he stole that ****!! Einstein's theory of relativity my ass! Its jrock's theory of badass mother-effin' space travel type stuff. Einstein changed the name because he stole it, of course. :mad:

:laugh:

I'm working late, but I need a distraction that still keeps my mind active :silly:

Since this is still alive, I’ll add a bit more. I saw this quote in the thread:

"If the aborigine drafted an IQ test, all of Western civilization would presumably flunk it." -- Stanley Garn

Actually it is quite valid at face value. But even back in Garn's day (ealry 60's I believe), I don't know that many testers would have taken an Australian aborogine's results as reflective of his development within his environment. :laugh:

In my work travels these days I still see a number of comparatively uninformed people hold bromides like that quote up as some sort of broad-brush dismissive jingoism. Perhaps sometimes it's done to shield them from something they find uncomfortable in regarding assessment tools as often fairly accurate in comparing people’s abilities in specific areas as well as at a general level, too.

That idea does make some folks uncomfortable, though, and that has been confirmed. In related surveys, some popular responses on such matters have been along the lines of thinking they’re not going to get enough credit for their skills or worth if they don’t score high on some test. Or (in a nefarious voice), maybe they’ll get exactly the amount of credit they truly warrant :evil: .

The quote above is sort of tired and trite, and also a bit reflective of the understandable bias of Prof. Garn, who resented Western man's devastating impact on native populations. He was a Berkeley dude :D . But still, the comment has some merit in terms of cross-cultural weaknesses of tests (but only if like YOU were an aborigine taking the classic Stanford Binet of the day), which I did address in my first post.

But, as I said, speaking professionally, IQ tests have undergone just a wee bit (ok, huge) of development in the 50 years since that particular physical anthropologist, Garn, made that comment. That’s why The Big Boys use them to make some of those very important decisions, and that’s why regular people, who utilize them with appropriate help, often benefit so greatly in vocational, academic, and personal situations. It’s just so cool. :cool:

And cross-cultural and gender-role efficacy has been a significant area of focus for improvement in most cognitive testing procedures over the last three decades. Many regulated (professionally administered) tests now have special population versions, in fact, but the best are still very applicable in standard form, when apllied to most modern industrialized societies--even when simply translated in straight-forward fashion.

Bottom line, unless you are from a very isolated and specific population these days, the type of tests I've referred tohave been shown to have high validity over time and circumstance. But they are intended to tell a part of a story and as part of a context.

In areas where matters are very serious (military—missile silos, nuke subs, OCS, FBI, CIA, NSA, pilots; and civilian—top-line corporate, legal firms, Wall Street, Microsoft etc. positions—all examples based on my experience), and the desire to know someone’s capabilities and tendencies in very specific manners is vital, state-of-the-art IQ testing and psychological profiling are regularly employed. But always as adjunct to someone’s whole record. In truth, however, I know the results can have great impact on decision making, and that's a good thing in my experience. Its been paying off for the decision-makers to heed the results.

These tests are really nothing to be concerned about and nobody gets locked in some “loser” slot for their “score” to the best of my experience and knowledge. They are usually very revealing (also in forensics) and useful in many, many ways these days, and they continue to progress. Sort of like all things do when people that actually know how to implement science do so, instead of just baying at the moon, or going on what was heard somewhere before and are content to leave it at that and avoid new thought, or just never get the bug of seeking to know more. :)

There are even ones culturally attuned to Australia aborigines that are actually used by that exact population these days, and New Guinea tribesman. It’s the latest rage. Isn't knowledge amazing? Isn't it fun knowing the world really isn’t flat? :laugh:

wow, well that killed 20 minutes. Half my breaks over now, dammit :mad: :laugh:

<edit: P.S. ashburnskinsfan, though I left your name out of that quote deliberately to indicate I wasn’t responding to you personally, I thought I’d make sure my intent was clear. I was just having a stream-of-consciousness response that the quote inspired. I believe we agree on a number of things if memory serves and besides, you knew about Phillip K. Dick and electric sheep, so don’t take any of my comments as being directed at you; they absolutely weren’t>

Two of those ones really got me, the others were pretty easy (or so I think). I can't even remember the two that I couldn't figure out for the life of me. One of them was a which one of these doesn't belong and to me, it looked like two of them didn't belong. The other one, I can't remember.

Archived