Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Six things that the Bush Administration excelled at

Burgold

Can you name six things that the Bush Administration excelled at? One thing for each year of the administration. Six things that have been done, done well, and have had either the expected or better than expected results. These six can come from any area (education, healthcare, economy, War on terror, employment, building infrastructure, etc.) Just six things that have worked out that don't depend on equivocation, revisionism, or any kind of verbal sleight of hand. Honestly, after six years this should be a piece of cake.

lol... you got me. I thought that was an awful quick response. You are absolutely right about this one. Honestly, I decided to ask this because I am feeling more and more cynical about our government and don't want to. I can probably list four things that I think they've done really well that worked out... but, after that it is a strain for me. This really isn't meant as a trap thread.

1. The rallying of America's morale following 9-11. I think Bush did a great job of pulling America together and getting us all through some pretty tough days.

2. Jobs- Well, a little tap dancing here because they have redifined the definition of unemployed several times to sweeten the numbers, and the quality is shifting, but factoring in the disasters natural and un, the employment level of this nation seems to be doing okay.

3. Beating the snuffing out of the Taliban. Again, I will dance just a little because I don't think it is "Mission Accomplished" until Bin Laden is caught or killed, but we certainly blew them apart really well.

4. The Stock Market has done, especially energy stocks have done really well during the Bush Presidency.

this is an impossible question for message board people to tackle, historians can easilly find 6 things any administration excelled at in their own text book. People who visit message boards are opinionated people, and opinionated people who want other people to hear and accept their opinion believe they are right. So right there you have bias. Im sure a Bush lover can come on here and list 6 things he believes the admin has done great, and it will turn into a flame war of epic proportions.

Im sure you started this thread with the best intentions, but really its only bait for extremists to fist fight.

this is an impossible question for message board people to tackle, historians can easilly find 6 things any administration excelled at in their own text book. People who visit message boards are opinionated people, and opinionated people who want other people to hear and accept their opinion believe they are right. So right there you have bias. Im sure a Bush lover can come on here and list 6 things he believes the admin has done great, and it will turn into a flame war of epic proportions.

Im sure you started this thread with the best intentions, but really its only bait for extremists to fist fight.

^^^:applause: I agree 100%

Although the argument is that he really only did that once.

He surrounds himself with people that are extremely loyal. Hard to do in politics. I can't think of any former staffers that have turned on him.

Good point. But he has had an abnormal number of staffers quit on him.

Although the argument is that he really only did that once.

He surrounds himself with people that are extremely loyal. Hard to do in politics. I can't think of any former staffers that have turned on him.

case in point. The one and only undisputable thing Bush has excelled at is winning elections(presidential was the inferred election). There can be no doubt about that, cause he has served two terms. He has excelled at winning elections, but the fighters will still fight that claiming he stole an election.

The claim wasnt he won them fairly, just that he won them. That truth doesnt matter though when it comes to political fisticuffs. This is a political nit pickers dream come true, endless avenues of fighting. Political debate is best served over a plate of specific issues, and not broad subjective opinion on excellence of job.

case in point. The one and only undisputable thing Bush has excelled at is winning elections(presidential was the inferred election). There can be no doubt about that, cause he has served two terms. He has excelled at winning elections, but the fighters will still fight that claiming he stole an election.

The claim wasnt he won them fairly, just that he won them. That truth doesnt matter though when it comes to political fisticuffs. This is a political nit pickers dream come true, endless avenues of fighting. Political debate is best served over a plate of specific issues, and not broad subjective opinion on excellence of job.

Nice distinction. I suppose if you were in the income brackets that benefited from the tax cuts you would say that is a good thing. But there's plenty of room to be nit picky with that too. The real qustion is how do we define a good thing. And that is so subjective that it makes debate impossible.

Nice distinction. I suppose if you were in the income brackets that benefited from the tax cuts you would say that is a good thing. But there's plenty of room to be nit picky with that too. The real qustion is how do we define a good thing. And that is so subjective that it makes debate impossible.

I know you want to fight me, but that has been my point from get go. So ineffect you are fighting me cause you agree with me.

OK, even I can say a few good things about the Bush administration.

1. They have been very good for rich people. Many of these people have gotten so rich they will never have to work again and neither will their children.

2. Most business has done well. Defense contractors (war-time ones at least) have made serious dough.

3. Same goes for construction contractors. After Katrina these guys cleaned house!

4. I heard Bush was really nice to the Pistons when they won the Championship.

5. Libya gave up Nuke program although that might have squat to do with Bush.

6. They were very good at getting votes in 2004.

Finishing what his father should have done towards the end of the Gulf War by removing Saddam Hussein from power, albiet under false pretenses.

Trying to appease the "What have you done for me lately" crowd with the tax rebate checks. It worked, everyone blew through the money and was happy until the following tax year.

Win elections obviously, but I put that more on the Republican party more than Bush. Especially since McCain lost in the primaries as a far better candidate with a Homer Simpson running mate.

Archived