Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Job Openings

CandaceM23

Candace, Do you currently work for Teltronic? A girl-friend of mine use to work there in Inventory Control, but now she works for Tessco, and she could probably get you in, although I think you'd probably have to move to the Baltimore area. They're located in Timonium.

There has to be tons of companies in DC. I'm sure you already checked Monster.com

I wish I could help more. Good Luck.

Nope ... I have no idea of what Teltronic is.

ever consider the mortgage business?

The company I work for is in a hiring mode. We have an office in Waldorf and LaPlata.

I'll 2nd RJ's post. The mortgage biz is one that anyone can be successful in as long as you dont mind working hard and you are good with people. And you can make tons of money.

The top 10% of LO's make more than the top 10% of doctors and lawyers.

If you have any interest, here is a link to the training i went to. There site is pretty informative.

http://www.xinnix.com/

Good luck in whatever you decide Kansas.

I've never really thought about getting into the mortgage business ....

I see people advertising for it all over our local newspapers.

You should look into it. Couldn't hurt.

What about a government job?

In that case, only makes sense for me to make a token appearance. OK, bye.

Which was completely unnecessary ... especially since you've managed to lay low and follow the request that I made (of ignoring my existance). Unless you have something incredibly constructive and kind to say to me, I'd appreciate if you'd just venture elsewhere.

I definitely would not mind a government job - but it seems like you have to know someone in order to get into the government. :(

Nope. You have to know where to apply and what tests to take, but connections don't mean much in the government (bureaucracy side). They are everything in the government (political/appointments side) however.

Go to the GSO website and look around.

In that case, only makes sense for me to make a token appearance. OK, bye.

candace, i'm sorry, but that was funny. :laugh:

and, candace, we had this discussion today......:pimp:

on a serious tip, i always encourage people w/ a college degree to take a long hard look at teaching.

I definitely would not mind a government job - but it seems like you have to know someone in order to get into the government. :(

You do know people who work for the government but we can not tell you who we are :laugh:

Income is a lot less, too. Believe me, I tried NC. Housing costs were great, finding a good job....not so much. And people are faker, not nicer. :)

It's not fake it's called manners. Something I know from first hand experience that people in the city don't have and also something that makes everyday interactions much more pleasant. :)

heh, if only there was a way people who run business or HR departments at their jobs could read other posters resume's looking for jobs...

I just graduated from college and am now searching. I am in the northern virginia area, and would be willing to move to DC as I would also love a government job. Well, time to go back to usajobs.gov

Archived