Champ Bailey,

Kenard Lang,

Andre Johnson,

Michael Westbrook,

Heath Shuler,

Tom Carter,

Desmond Howard,

and Bobby Willson

Who do you think had or has had the best career out of this group and why?

I'd have to pick two for our best pick: champ bailey (we traded him plus a second round pick for portis, and I think portis is more valuable than all of those players, not sure if you would count that) other one is sean taylor, he is a monster and will have a great career! As far as the players listed, I think champ will have the best career, but he isn't a skin any more, so he doesn't count.

worst pick = heath shuler, hands down. maybe the biggest bust in nfl history behind ryan leaf

bailey.

in the long run - if he pans out - campbell simply becuase QBs are the hardest and most important position to develop on the roster.

how come everyone is all over jason campbell's nuts? the guy hasn't even played a full quarter in an nfl regular season game. Can anyone say heath shuler? I'm not saying Jason is going to be a bust. I'm just not gonna get my hopes up before he even starts playing

Michael Westbrook, hands down.

:laugh::laugh:

:logo:

remember when michael westbrook threw his helmet on the ground in the playing field in a monday night game vs. the giants. the penalty put us out of field goal range for the win in overtime, and the game ended in a tie. Westbrook was a loser!

As much hope as I have for JC, you can't mention him yet. He's not even stepped foot on the field. Patrick Ramsey got to play in his rookie season and was solid. So at similar points in their career (entering their 2nd season), Patrick would have been viewed as far more promising than JC.

As for our best pick. For me it's a toss up between Roland and LaVar. Both players came in with alot of hype and both players lived up to it by their second seasons and became Pro Bowl fixtures. Sean Taylor, as good as he's been in his first two years, hasn't been as good as Roland and LaVar were their first two years. But I'll agree, in terms of potential, he's right there with them if not better and I'm sure will catch up and pass them in the coming years.

Samuels deserves a mention simply because some people thought he was selected a bit high (Mel Kiper) but he's become a fixture and sometime Pro Bowl player at a vital position that we've struggled to fill for a long long time.

Since 1990, we have had 15 1st round picks

Carlos Rogers,

Jason Cambell,

Sean Taylor,

Patrick Ramsey,

Rod Gardner,

Lavar Arrignton,

Chris Samuels,

Champ Bailey,

Kenard Lang,

Andre Johnson,

Michael Westbrook,

Heath Shuler,

Tom Carter,

Desmond Howard,

and Bobby Willson

Who do you think had or has had the best career out of this group and why?

Say it with me now, kids: C-A-M-P-B-E-L-L; CAMPBELL! I don't understand how people can be fans and not even know how to spell their future starting quarterback's name.

I say it's Samuels because he's been a starter from the beginning and he's still here. Champ gave us good years and we ended up getting CP for him which is also phenomenal but since Chris has been in the Burgundy and Gold the whole time he's my choice.

remember when michael westbrook threw his helmet on the ground in the playing field in a monday night game vs. the giants. the penalty put us out of field goal range for the win in overtime, and the game ended in a tie. Westbrook was a loser!

That was the "bang head here" game when frerotte took himself out vs. the wall and Hostetler turned it over 3 times in the 4th quarter and then Westbrook pulled the helmet move. That game was so typical of Turner's tenure.... It sucked!!!

That was the "bang head here" game when frerotte took himself out vs. the wall and Hostetler turned it over 3 times in the 4th quarter and then Westbrook pulled the helmet move. That game was so typical of Turner's tenure.... It sucked!!!

Turner was our own faults!!! Redskins will never take a former cowboy coach again! I remember that Frerotte thing, I didn't know it was the same game though. That was sooo long ago. I think I was in middle school or something, my parents wouldn't let me stay up to watch the whole game cuz i had school the next morning. So I tucked some clothes under my door, and turned my tv on w/ the volume off, and watched it

"how come everyone is all over jason campbell's nuts? the guy hasn't even played a full quarter in an nfl regular season game. Can anyone say heath shuler? I'm not saying Jason is going to be a bust. I'm just not gonna get my hopes up before he even starts playing."

dude...that's why i said "if he pans out"!!! you have to admit that nothing tops a star QB. agree on the "show me first" attitude.

Archived