Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Minor league player gets 50 game suspension

rincewind

Arizona Diamondback prospect Dalmon Young was suspend for 50 games without pay for throwing his bat at an umpire.

Dalmon video

Okay, the pitch MAY have been outside. But, it was barely worth arguing over, let alone THROWING YOUR BAT at the ump. :doh:

Good luck working at McDonalds - your baseball career just ended.

50 Games seems OK, but I would have put him down for an even 100.

I doubt he'll be working for McD's. If the Rays let him go, EVERY other team in baseball would want him.

Okay, admitedly, i don't know that much about him. Is he that good?

... that video never gets old ...

somebody needs to make a video like Leonard Washington's sig with a Jedi using the force to throw the bat at the umpire.

:laugh: That would be great - but i still say the cat was the best.

Okay, admitedly, i don't know that much about him. Is he that good?

He's the kinda prospect where the minors should be a formality. He's was drafted out of high school, so they wanted him to spend a year (or close) at every level and be a 21 year old rookie. The only question about him is his maturity, as evidenced by the bat incident.

He also blasted the TB front office in the offseason because he didn't want to "waste" another year in the minors.

Eh, 50 games seems harsh. He shouldn't have done it, but in real life if a guy threw a big stick at you, you'd get upset, get into a little fight, and then be friends when it's all over.

Baseball's idiocy is without bounds. What's the suspension for steroids again? What was it at first? 10 games? :laugh: Ban Pete Rose for life? :laugh: 50 games for tossing a bat at the Ump? :rolleyes:

Baseball's idiocy is without bounds. What's the suspension for steroids again? What was it at first? 10 games? :laugh: Ban Pete Rose for life? :laugh: 50 games for tossing a bat at the Ump? :rolleyes:

Yeah, well it's the second worst sport ever. So, I'll just let it be.

Archived