Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles | Westbrook ready to roll

Westbrook36

You didn't equate Brunnell to other players who had one time injuries as if that excuses the last 3 years of being brittle? Ok.

Oh Westbrook...I guess I give you too much credit. You said Brunell "wore down," to which Warhead responded that he didn't. I agreed with Warhead using a little of your oh so beloved hyperbole. Brunell took a shot to the knee in the Giants game...this has nothing to do with either the Eagles or Westbrook, or his injury history. It was a low-blow (Griesen did trip however) and is now illegal because it causes injuries. How you arrive at your logical conclusions beats the crap out of me.

Now try to stay on topic, WB!!

Ok, so just as easily as you try to explain away Brunnell's brittleness, I can do the same thing for Westbrooks freak injuries. I told you that the first time before you denied the line of logic you used so now that appropriate quotes have been posted, I still stand by my original statement.

Ok, so just as easily as you try to explain away Brunnell's brittleness, I can do the same thing for Westbrooks freak injuries. I told you that the first time before you denied the line of logic you used so now that appropriate quotes have been posted, I still stand by my original statement.

Um, Brunell played in the playoffs, and totalled 16 out of 18 starts. That doesn't seem too brittle to me. McNabb was hurt all year, and seems like he's been hurtin' since the SB loss.

Either way it doesn't matter. The be all end all result is to ask the final question. IF Brunell AND Westbrook both go down, who is in deeper doo-doo? Answer? The Eagles. Who is going to take his(Westbrooks) place? Meanwhile, the Skins have two or even three capable players to spell Brunell. More importantly, Gibbs is famous for starting with 1 QB and winning a SB with another. That compiled with a great RB and solid WR corps makes us the winners of this debate. Personally though, I would rather rely on Brunell holding up than Westbrook. No offense WB36 and the other 36, but it ain't happened yet and the Eagles did well in spite of Westbrook not playing the whole season. This was before the division got very tough. Don't count on it happening again. And one last stetment,

SEPTEMBER!

Who said anything about explaining away Brunell's bitterness? Brunell's health is a concern, nobody is arguing any different. The point is you're off-topic. WB hasn't played a complete season in his entire 4-year career, even when he wasn't the full-time starter. He's never had more than 180 carries in a season. Is he going to be able to carry the ball 250-300 times? I don't think so.

Westbrook is a nice change of pace runner and third down back. As long as the Eagles continue to insist on not going out and getting a real runningback, they'll remain a one dimensional offense.

So I really don't care if Westbrook is "ready to roll" or not. He doesn't inspire much fear.

Westbrook is a nice change of pace runner and third down back. As long as the Eagles continue to insist on not going out and getting a real runningback, they'll remain a one dimensional offense.

So I really don't care if Westbrook is "ready to roll" or not. He doesn't inspire much fear.

He does seem to give us fits when we play them though in terms of his receiving abilities.

He does seem to give us fits when we play them though in terms of his receiving abilities.

Won't dispute that, he's hurt us in the past. But I still don't think he's a primary runningback and thus as long as the Eagles try and use him that way, they'll continue to be a single dimensional threat. In years past that was still more than enough to beat us, not anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Because I make a prediction, I have to be ready to put money on the fact?

You guys get more amazing every day. :laugh:

What...was that just some more of your infamous hyperbole, WB?? Or are you ready to stand behind your prediction?? Or are you now realizing how foolish it was to make that prediction when the Girls are going into Jacksonville for their opener...:whoknows:

Just man-up, WB...don't have to be money, but either back up your prediction or retract it...;)

I REALLY hope the Eagles hand the ball to Westbrook 25+ times when we play them.

Please, I am not scared of Westbrook as a runner. Reciever out of the backfield matched on a LB, yes. Draws, screen passes, yes. But never will I be scared of Westbrook as a workhorse running back.

Never.

Please Andy Reid, hand him the ball until he dies.

Please.

What...was that just some more of your infamous hyperbole, WB?? Or are you ready to stand behind your prediction?? Or are you now realizing how foolish it was to make that prediction when the Girls are going into Jacksonville for their opener...:whoknows:

Just man-up, WB...don't have to be money, but either back up your prediction or retract it...;)

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. You said yesterday that the Skins would win a championship in the next two years......should I now be a dick and try to force you to take a bet on that fact....even money at that?

I wouldn't have said it if I didn't believe it. You said yesterday that the Skins would win a championship in the next two years......should I now be a dick and try to force you to take a bet on that fact....even money at that?

Even money?? I'd be crazy to make that bet at even money...come on now! Give me some odds and I'll take it though. I honestly believe we're that close. But even money?? Come on now...

Even money?? I'd be crazy to make that bet at even money...come on now! Give me some odds and I'll take it though. I honestly believe we're that close. But even money?? Come on now...

Well, you said it yesterday with the same certainty I said that TO would have 3 TDs on opening day. ;)

Westbrook isn't a natural RB. He's an undersized WR.

He's a terror coming out of the backfield, though the past two years we've done a decent job covering him.

We stuff him off hand offs, but he always manages a big catch and run or two.

Still, fast yet also disciplined Ds like ours are the perfect solution to a player like Westbrook.

I'm actually more worried about Reggie Brown. He killed us twice last year.

At the very least be man enough to back up your claim or back down. :)

What the hell are you talking about? When something comes out of my mouth, I am backing it up. I make a lot of statements on this board, as does every other poster. By "back up your claim" does that mean every member has to be willing to put money on any belief that they post about?

It is maddening to try to even have to explain this. :doh:

Goddamit! :soapbox:

Now I am in the unbelievable position of having to root for TO on opening day so I don't look like a moron. How did I get myself into this mess? :(

:laugh: that's a funny post if I ever saw one. Thank you for brightening up my day. And think of it this way. If he does score 3x, I'll really be eating crow. But seriously, don't think I dont respect you. You Who Del and #5 definitely get ups from me. this place wouldn't be the same without you guys.

:cheers:

Archived