Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles | Westbrook ready to roll

Westbrook36

Eagles | Westbrook ready to roll

Mon, 8 May 2006 05:02:20 -0700

Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook (foot) says he's recovered from the Lisfranc sprain that cost him the last four games of the 2005 campaign, and that he's a full go for minicamp this weekend. When the offseason is all said and done, he expects to be in the best shape of his professional career to shoulder the new and increased load and to avoid the nagging injuries that shelved him here and there through the years. "Coach (Andy) Reid said he was going to hand the ball off a lot this year , so I'm trying to get ready for that," Westbrook said. "And I'm definitely working forward to it. I've always said the more I touch the ball the more I get into a rhythm, and the better I will be as a player. Last year I didn't touch it as much in the run game as I wanted to."

Guess that clears up whether he was healed from the Lisfranc from last year.

They are trying to fit a squre peg in a round whole. Westbrook is a great scatback and receiver, but if they try to make him an everydown back and hand it to him alot he will continue to be injured. He just has not shown the durability to be a every down back. The Eagles really need a powerful back, personally I'm glad they didn't get one.

I agree. Skins are in for a rude awakening if they rely on Brunnell to finish the season since his body broke down the last 3 seasons.

jrock, can't we all just get along without the unnecessary smack talk? ;)

I wouldn't say his body "broke down" last year.

He lasted fine until Week 16, when it took a Giant LB diving at his knees to take him down.

You saw what happened to Carson Palmer in the postseason. It was a similar manuever. Did Palmer's body break down too?

I agree. Skins are in for a rude awakening if they rely on Brunnell to finish the season since his body broke down the last 3 seasons.

jrock, can't we all just get along without the unnecessary smack talk? ;)

WB -- why do you always have to bring up Brunell whenever we talk about THE EAGLES??? I think you're scared of what Brunell is going to do this season, so you're mind is preoccupied with him. However, this is a thread about Westbrook, not Brunell. So let's stay on topic, shall we? But just for argument's sake, Brunell's 'role' isn't increasing. WB's is.

I wouldn't say his body "broke down" last year.

He lasted fine until Week 16, when it took a Giant LB diving at his knees to take him down.

You saw what happened to Carson Palmer in the postseason. It was a similar manuever. Did Palmer's body break down too?

BAM!! Daunte Culpepper's body wore down too. And Javon Walker...wow he is an old fart. His body broke down as well.

But just for argument's sake, Brunell's 'role' isn't increasing. WB's is.

Damn you and your logic. You keep trying to compare apples to apples. Its much easier to compare apples to oranges. :laugh:

WB -- why do you always have to bring up Brunell whenever we talk about THE EAGLES??? I think you're scared of what Brunell is going to do this season, so you're mind is preoccupied with him. However, this is a thread about Westbrook, not Brunell. So let's stay on topic, shall we? But just for argument's sake, Brunell's 'role' isn't increasing. WB's is.

BAM!! Daunte Culpepper's body wore down too. And Javon Walker...wow he is an old fart. His body broke down as well.

I agree and can counter that every one of Westbrooks injury's have been freak and not indicative of someone who can't handle a workload.

Come on, a Lisfranc isn't even a contact injury. And the triceps tear? That was from coming down freak against the Skins.

Seems you are worried about Westbrook with an increased role.

I agree and can counter that every one of Westbrooks injury's have been freak and not indicative of someone who can't handle a workload.

Come on, a Lisfranc isn't even a contact injury. And the triceps tear? That was from coming down freak against the Skins.

:laugh: How many injury plagued seasons does he have to have before he's injury prone??

Seems you are worried about Westbrook with an increased role.

Yep, you caught us. We're scared of Westbrook in an increased role, you got it! Tell him what he's won, Johnny!

Last place in the NFC EAST!! :laugh:

In one breath, jrock tries to paint Westbrook as injury prone and then in the next breath, he excuses the fact that Brunnell hasn't finished a season healthy in over 3 years and tries to list his freak injuries.

Amazing but not surprising.

In one breath, jrock tries to paint Westbrook as injury prone and then in the next breath, he excuses the fact that Brunnell hasn't finished a season healthy in over 3 years and tries to list his freak injuries.

Dude, you really are delusional...when did I list Brunell's freak injuries?? I think you are losing your mind. Once again, WB, we're talking about Westbrook and the Eagles, not Brunell and the Redskins. You're the only one bringing Mark into this.

I smell fear.

1. He didn't need surgery like MOST lisfranc sprains.

2. If he wasn't healed, why would he even ATTEMPT to come to a mini-camp?

I looked up this injury and once it happens once its more likely to occur again. It sounds like there is no way to be sure until he is under fire. It also said there is debate about how best to treat it. Some say that all non operative treatments don't work. Others believe they can. It seems that the potential for a long term problem is much greater with this injury than with a regular sprain.

I do seem to recall that Brunell did finish the season. Remember, he was playing in the playoffs. Everyone is banged up at the end, but WB hasn't made it through the season. And yes, WB is injury prone. The fact that his injuries are NOT contact make it even more true.

Archived