Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are your pet peeves

fuji869

Who was your favorite classic WWF superstar?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your favorite classic WWF superstar?

• Mr. Fuji
    • Undertaker
    • Ultimate Warrior
    • Hilbilly Jim
    • King Kong Bundy
    • Gorilla Monsoon
    • Ivan Putski
    • Hulk Hogan
    • Yokozuna
    • Macho Man Randy Savage
    • Junk Yard Dog
    • Iron Sheik
    • George the Animal Steele
    • Brutus the Barber Beefkake
    • Sargeant Slaughter
    • Brett Hart
    • Owen Hart
    • The Bushwackers
    • Legion of Doom (hawk and animal)
    • The Head Bangers
    • Coco B Ware
    • Andre the Giant
    • Virgil
    • Other (I know i forgot a bunch)

People who race around me in a car.........in order to turn 1/4 of a mile ahead...........which makes ME have to slow down so they can turn.

Bugs the heck outta me.

Oh.........and I know y'all will think I am crazy...........but I HATE DIRTY ELBOWS. Yep........dirty elbows make me sick. You can see a beautiful girl.......or a great looking guy.......and they will move and you can see black or dirty elbows.

Don't people scrub their elbows?

Blondie

People who stand in doorways... I mean, what the hell? Take ONE STEP FORWARD and you aren't in everyone's way, yet they just stand there then look surprised when you elbow past them. Argh.

Oh, and when people honk at you when you won't slow down to let them merge on the highway... I wonder if they ever debated the meaning of that triangular little sign that says YIELD.

Actually, in retrospect people in general are my pet peeve. What a stupid species.

Oh, and when people honk at you when you won't slow down to let them merge on the highway... I wonder if they ever debated the meaning of that triangular little sign that says YIELD.

Vi,

most states have traffic laws that require you to allow cars to merge into your lane. Here's an example of one:

"Heavy traffic rules: Whenever traffic is heavily congested, normal right-of-way rules go out the window and the "zipper rule" goes into effect. This means that cars feed one at a time alternating from each direction, regardless of who has the posted right-of-way. The "zipper rule" also applies when one lane ends and merges into another. Each vehicle in the through lane must allow one vehicle from the truncated lane to merge in."

If you're in that situation you need to speed up, slow down, or better yet move the **** over into the other lane to allow cars in the on-ramp to enter the hyw. It's hard to believe that people can be so self rightious that they'll run someone off the road to guaranty thier "right of way" even when they are wrong. :doh:

People that don't understand four way stops. Like, all stop signs will have cars on it, one will go, and the person that was right behind the car that just went goes. That drives me crazy, also people that drive slow in one lane streets. People that stop in the middle of the road in a neighborhood to have conversations, and just sit there having a conversation, even though I'm right behind you @$$hole! Also, one of my big ones is that I hate people that don't have good phone etiquette. Is it that hard to say "Hi, this is (insert name), may I please speak to..."

Vi,

most states have traffic laws that require you to allow cars to merge into your lane. Here's an example of one:

"Heavy traffic rules: Whenever traffic is heavily congested, normal right-of-way rules go out the window and the "zipper rule" goes into effect. This means that cars feed one at a time alternating from each direction, regardless of who has the posted right-of-way. The "zipper rule" also applies when one lane ends and merges into another. Each vehicle in the through lane must allow one vehicle from the truncated lane to merge in."

If you're in that situation you need to speed up, slow down, or better yet move the **** over into the other lane to allow cars in the on-ramp to enter the hyw. It's hard to believe that people can be so self rightious that they'll run someone off the road to guaranty thier "right of way" even when they are wrong. :doh:

Oh, I'm certainly not going to run someone off the road or purposely keep them from merging. What pisses me off is when there is open road infront and behind my car and theirs, but for some reason they decide to honk at me to change my speed when they are just as able to do so. It doesn't make sense at all. I'm not talking heavy traffic situations... I'm talking just plain old open highway driving.

I see alot of peeves while on the roadways!!

Mine for the roadways is when there are left turn lanes at intersections and the people turning left have to go to the farthest lane from them even if they're turning on to a highway with 4 lanes in it, all the while stopping traffic turning right from oppisite direction from a merge lane. Selfish inconsiderate drivers make me sick.

People who weave in traffic.

Hello, its traffic. You shouldn't expect to find empty freeway at the beginning of rush hour. After its all said and done, you end up gaining a quarter to a mile ahead, just to get stuck on an off ramp behind a slow truck. In all, its best to ride out the left lane (and be reasonably courteous of the people who want to go faster than you).

I hate it when I'm going well over the speed limit, yet I still get tailgated. Dude, I'm going 15 MPH over and had a speeding ticket last year. Calm the eff down. It will be okay if you're going 2 MPH slower than you want to go.

Glitter. I worked in retail and Christmas season would KILL me because of all the glitter products. That crap gets everywhere.

I totally agree of the comment with people who stop to talk in the middle of a common path. GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

I love how the things we use/do most are the things that we have some of the biggest pet peeves about (public walking, driving, I could come up with a lot about computers...).

People who weave in traffic.

Hello, its traffic. You shouldn't expect to find empty freeway at the beginning of rush hour. After its all said and done, you end up gaining a quarter to a mile ahead, just to get stuck on an off ramp behind a slow truck. In all, its best to ride out the left lane (and be reasonably courteous of the people who want to go faster than you).

If you're good at it you can gain a lot more than a quarter of a maile :thumbsup: ;)

Still, trying to weave when you're in heavy traffic is just dumb :doh:

What about power lines?

I freakin HATE power lines. They are the scourge of this country's landscape.

rolling countryside, manicured neighborhoods, main-street USA... all neat and tidy... with freakin power lines strung from hell to breakfast. :doh:

Is it just me? Next politician who promises to bury power lines in this country is getting my vote. Even if it's chomerics :laugh:

zoony,

As someone who works for the third largest utility company in the United States, let me tell you that it's just not realistic to bury all electrical cable.

There are many communities where some or all of the cable is now run underground. Most new housing developments in my area of the country are run underground. In fact, I make my living designing the underground distribution services for a large portion of the new construction in Central and Western Massachusetts.

That new underground contstruction costs over $100 per foot, based on centerline street footage of the development. Add in the cost for transformers, secondary handholes, etc... and a small new development can quickly reach $25K for the ELECTRIC service alone. Not to mention the catv and phone utilities. That's for simple, single phase construction. Now start burying high-voltage cable, mutiple lines in an area, etc... and the cost goes up exponentially. Additionally, those overland routes that you see a lot of the high-tension cables taking couldn't be done with underground cable due to the specifics of our requirements.

While it's a nice idea, it would be absurdly expensive and it wouldn't give all that much more of a reliability boost compared to the cost involved. Everyone complains about their electric bills now.... imagine what the rates would have to go up to in order to cover that sort of system-wide change and upgrade in design.

Just one since I was reminded of it today.....

People that stop a cart in a store aisle then stand next to it, looking dazedly around trying to find that product that is right under their nose, so they effectively block the whole thing. Even better is when they want to act huffy because you wanted to go down the aisle, like "where do YOU get off walking through MY store?" I actually had occasion to use the question "Do you know what 'GET THE F*** OUT OF THE WAY' means?" It was amusing and borderline stompin'-a-hole-right-through-somebody at the same time until two other people in the aisle piped up and said "Yeah, can we get through here today?"

One of my biggest peeves is having to pay for AIR at the gas station. 50 cents for Air, and im sorry to say this, but it seems to mainly be foreigner owned stations.

2nd Peeve is when your making a turn that you have the right of way for and the next guy whos turn it is practically turns with you, you almost feel like stopping, like is that **** that impatient or will he hit me..

3rd is when it says merge right left lane ends and people decide to merge right at the bottleneck, gee the sign was a mile back but (I JUST HAVE TO BE FIRST)..

zoony,

As someone who works for the third largest utility company in the United States, let me tell you that it's just not realistic to bury all electrical cable.

There are many communities where some or all of the cable is now run underground. Most new housing developments in my area of the country are run underground. In fact, I make my living designing the underground distribution services for a large portion of the new construction in Central and Western Massachusetts.

That new underground contstruction costs over $100 per foot, based on centerline street footage of the development. Add in the cost for transformers, secondary handholes, etc... and a small new development can quickly reach $25K for the ELECTRIC service alone. Not to mention the catv and phone utilities. That's for simple, single phase construction. Now start burying high-voltage cable, mutiple lines in an area, etc... and the cost goes up exponentially. Additionally, those overland routes that you see a lot of the high-tension cables taking couldn't be done with underground cable due to the specifics of our requirements.

While it's a nice idea, it would be absurdly expensive and it wouldn't give all that much more of a reliability boost compared to the cost involved. Everyone complains about their electric bills now.... imagine what the rates would have to go up to in order to cover that sort of system-wide change and upgrade in design.

Interesting post Mass... thanks for the response.

I would, however, like to see those costs weighed against long term maintenance. i.e. downed powerlines, etc. Underground would be much lower maintenance I think.

Interesting post Mass... thanks for the response.

I would, however, like to see those costs weighed against long term maintenance. i.e. downed powerlines, etc. Underground would be much lower maintenance I think.

No problem. I like to be as helpful as possible when it comes to topics I have a basis of knowledge in.

Believe it or not, the maintenance costs are lower, but not as low as you might think. The underground cable is exposed to moisture, pressure and other factors that are not terribly unlike the factors overhead cable is exposed to. Additionally, when you start talking about larger, high-tension cables, there are very specific requirements for running them underground. That ends up being INCREDIBLY expensive and when they fail, the replacement cost is not cheap at all.

Trust me when I say it's not a practical concept. It would be nice if it was, but it just isn't.

I was on a second date with a girl and after I bought the movie and lunch she said see did not feel any chemistry. Granted it was the second date so I was not attached but if she was going to plan on dumping me she could have at least offered to pay for her part of the lunch.

:cuss:

Unbeliievable -- that's why I don't usually give girls the benifit of the doubt (especially at first). My fav is when a girl either hints to me (or outright suggests) that I should buy her a drink at a club. Are you serious? That is comical. If you have to buy females alcohol at a club to have game with them then that is just sad. I have seen plenty of guys very upset at the end of the night when they fall into that trap too -- when some chick leaves with her friends after drinking out of his wallet all night. Part of me feels bad for these guys bc these women are usually getting these drinks under false pretenses....but of course, part of me just says they deserve it bc you have to be pretty dumb to waste your $$ on some chick at a bar :2cents:

Archived