Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Barry Bonds thread

In the weeks before the start of the 1983-84 academic year, Brock telephoned George Lopez and strongly suggested that he room with Barry. This wasn't a coach trying to forge friendships, but a response to a dilemma: Nobody wanted to live with his star. There was good reason

The comdian? The guy with his own show on ABC and a made for TV movie?

Interesting read, thanks for the find. Unfortunately it only backs up my already significant dislike for Bonds. The guy is a waste of talent, and a waste of a human being.
LOL ppl hating on bonds is so freaking funny to me :laugh: barry is 1 of the BEST hitters of all-time,and he never tested positive either,giambi did.

I can understand Barry acting like a prick when he was young and inmature considering his talent and upbringing, not to mention he's the son of a famous player who happens to be an alcoholic, but to still be acting like this at 40 is a disgrace. Eventually you have to man up and change.

He's one of the greatest baseball players of all time

Because he can't catch or can't throw (used to beable to before juicing) which makes him a great ball player? Or is it because he has hit 73 hrs in one season? The fact that he has hit 218 HRs at a clip of 8 abs per HR, while (according to multiple sources) being aided by performance enhancing illegal drugs?

Funny He has won 4 MVP awards after starting to juice. Before the "juicing" time line he was hitting HRs at a pace of 1 hr per 15.09 ABs. He was a great player before juicing, would have been in the Hall, but he is not and never will be the "Greatest player ever". At this point I think they should hold him from the hall as long as the hold every other Juicer.

He (and others) have made a mockery of baseball.

He's definatly one of the greatest players of all time and arguing he's not is rediculas. Many players used steroids, and I think that there was a period of time where more then half of all players were. Yet, during all of this Bonds was consistently putting up great numbers. He's far better then a McGuire, a Sosa, a Palmeiro, Conseco, Caminiti, Larry Walker, Brady Anderson...the list goes on and on...steroids or not, hes still one of the best ever, period.

i dont get it, McGuire and Sosa most likely took steroids...but people dont seem to bash them. just because bonds is still playing, he becomes the scapegoat. its pretty immature and irrational to blame ONE man for the demise of respectability toward baseball.

anyways, imo, if he did take steroids, its not like they made him improve his hande eye cooridation. he just bulked up faster. it still tarnished him, but the fact is the guy has the natural ability to know where and when to hit that ball. he IS one of the greatest sluggers of all time. no arguing that.

i dont get it, McGuire most likely took steroids...but people dont seem to bash him. just because bonds is still playing, he becomes the scapegoat. its pretty immature and irrational to blame ONE man for the demise of respectability toward baseball. e

anyways, imo, if he did take steroids, its not like they made him improve his hande eye cooridation. he just bulked up faster. it still tarnished him, but the fact is the guy has the natural ability to know where and when to hit that ball. he IS one of the greatest sluggers of all time. no arguing that.

?????? No one bashed McGuire AT THE TIME, because they werent so sure. Now, everyone is POSITIVE that ALL OF THESE GUYS took roids. Eff em all. I bash McGuire all the time now. Sosa too. Giambi too. Palmero too.

?????? No one bashed McGuire AT THE TIME, because they werent so sure. Now, everyone is POSITIVE that ALL OF THESE GUYS took roids. Eff em all. I bash McGuire all the time now. Sosa too. Giambi too. Palmero too.

Most everyone (on this board, and the media) have chose to focus on Bonds. And no, its never been proven that bonds has tested postive (for eg):

LOL ppl hating on bonds is so freaking funny to me :laugh: barry is 1 of the BEST hitters of all-time,and he never tested positive either,giambi did.

It doesnt make sense to me. If your gonna hate somebody, hate them for the right reasons...

O yeah, he took steriods, but so did almost EVERY other big name star. Why are we all focused on Bonds?!

He's definatly one of the greatest players of all time and arguing he's not is rediculas. Many players used steroids, and I think that there was a period of time where more then half of all players were. Yet, during all of this Bonds was consistently putting up great numbers. He's far better then a McGuire, a Sosa, a Palmeiro, Conseco, Caminiti, Larry Walker, Brady Anderson...the list goes on and on...steroids or not, hes still one of the best ever, period.

ah but we don't look to label them as the greatest or even one of the greatest. Bonds' numbers are so over inflated from his roids usage that the arguement that he is so great is insane. HE is great, in the terms that he deserved to be in the hall.

If he played for 20 years (until his current age, 43, in JUly) at his pace, prior to his alleged usage began, He would have: 10648 ABs (532 avg per season) hit 710 hrs (35.5 hrs/yr), batted .289, with 2007 RBIs (100.4 rbi/yr) 673 SBs (33.65 sbs/yr). That would be a GREAT career, he would be undoubtedly one of if not the best ball player of all time, however those figures don't include natural decline and assume he would have played 6 more years unaided.

Additional not those Stolen bases sure have dropped since 2000. In the 4 "complete" seasons (2001-2004) he averaged 9 Sbs hmm....

Most everyone (on this board, and the media) have chose to focus on Bonds. And no, its never been proven that bonds has tested postive (for eg):

It doesnt make sense to me. If your gonna hate somebody, hate them for the right reasons...

O yeah, he took steriods, but so did almost EVERY other big name star. Why are we all focused on Bonds?!

Gee, i dont know???? Maybe because hes about to break one of the most coveted and important records in sports? This is not obvious?

Gee, i dont know???? Maybe because hes about to break one of the most coveted and important records in sports? This is not obvious?

ahhh yes i forgot...

but the bashing started a while before then no? the senate hearings...that when the bonds hate really began to fly.

but yes, i guess its that hes gonna be SECOND in homeruns. not first but SECOND. lol...and some how because of this, we will all forget about Babe Ruth.

ahhh yes i forgot...

but the bashing started a while before then no? the senate hearings...that when the bonds hate really began to fly.

but yes, i guess its that hes gonna be SECOND in homeruns. not first but SECOND. lol...and some how because of this, we will all forget about Babe Ruth.

Obviously, no one is going to "forget" Babe Ruth. 2nd or 3rd on the all time HR list, Babe will still be widely regarded as the greatest player of all time.

And i think the Barry bashing started when everyone realized that he's a dick.

Because he can't catch or can't throw (used to beable to before juicing) which makes him a great ball player? Or is it because he has hit 73 hrs in one season? The fact that he has hit 218 HRs at a clip of 8 abs per HR, while (according to multiple sources) being aided by performance enhancing illegal drugs?

Funny He has won 4 MVP awards after starting to juice. Before the "juicing" time line he was hitting HRs at a pace of 1 hr per 15.09 ABs. He was a great player before juicing, would have been in the Hall, but he is not and never will be the "Greatest player ever". At this point I think they should hold him from the hall as long as the hold every other Juicer.

He (and others) have made a mockery of baseball.

Word for word.

:applause:

~Bang

Most everyone (on this board, and the media) have chose to focus on Bonds. And no, its never been proven that bonds has tested postive

We are focused on him because he is the only one playing or still on them. McGwire-retired, Sosa-retired, Palmeiro-retired, Caminiti-dead, Canseco-retired/idiot, Giambi-clean now.

What are the right reasons? Should we hate him cuz he is black? I don't think so. I think we should hate him for helping to ****ize america's game, and for being an prick.

We are focused on him because he is the only one playing or still on them. McGwire-retired, Sosa-retired, Palmeiro-retired, Caminiti-dead, Canseco-retired/idiot, Giambi-clean now..

Ok, so what if he is the only one playing? That makes it okay to hate him? If ur gonna do that, atleast gate all the others too...lol about giambi, how come bonds cant be clean now?

What are the right reasons? Should we hate him cuz he is black? I don't think so. I think we should hate him for helping to ****ize america's game, and for being an prick.

Hate him because he acts like a prick, because he thinks hes better than everyone else, because he stole chili. but not because he took steriods like the other 95% of players did.

Ok, so what if he is the only one playing? That makes it okay to hate him? If ur gonna do that, atleast gate all the others too...

Yes, it does. And I do. Most do.

Hate him because he acts like a prick, because he thinks hes better than everyone else, because he stole chili. but not because he took steriods like the other 95% of players did.

I hate him for all of these reasons, include the roids. You should too.

Yes, it does. And I do. Most do. I hate him for all of these reasons, include the roids. You should too.

Yes i agree with you 100%. I hate those players, and for that matter, all of baseball. I didnt much like baseball before, but now i actually loathe it after all of these "revelations".

Archived