Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World's oldest person" celebrates 128th birthday

Thiebear

I thought we weren't allowed to live older than the 120/125 thing...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-05-04T055537Z_01_N03427992_RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-SALVADOR-OLD.xml&rpc=22

SAN AGUSTIN, El Salvador (Reuters) - Friends and relatives of Cruz Hernandez's gathered on Wednesday to celebrate her 128th birthday, a milestone that might make her the world's oldest person.

Hernandez, who relatives say spends most of her time dozing and no longer speaks, was surrounded by some 200 people at her party, some bearing a cake and others dressed as Salvadoran mythological heroes

from wikipedia: Some believe that the cause for the decrease in human longevity for Bible believers is the passage of Genesis 6:3 where God sets a specific lifespan for human beings. "3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with [a] man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

So? She must be lying about her age OR it was translated wrong?

I thought we weren't allowed to live older than the 120/125 thing...

from wikipedia: Some believe that the cause for the decrease in human longevity for Bible believers is the passage of Genesis 6:3 where God sets a specific lifespan for human beings. "3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with [a] man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

So? She must be lying about her age OR it was translated wrong?

the idea is God didn't say they would live to be 120... the content is I will give "man" 120 to repent is the whole idea is read in context.

70 years was given as a minimum life span.

:2cents:

Archived