Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Internet weirdness from myspace

so I just got an email from out of the blue. It was from a girl in russia who says she saw my website, she has sent me a pile of very attractive pictures (non dirty) and seems to be growing very attached to me in a very short period of time. I havent even had time to post any pics on the darn thing yet.

any advice fellas? seriously do I even take this seriously if not how do I check if this is legit and not one of my buddies playing a joke. All you internet ninjas your skills are required.

so I just got an email from out of the blue. It was from a girl in russia who says she saw my website, she has sent me a pile of very attractive pictures (non dirty) and seems to be growing very attached to me in a very short period of time. I havent even had time to post any pics on the darn thing yet.

any advice fellas? seriously do I even take this seriously if not how do I check if this is legit and not one of my buddies playing a joke. All you internet ninjas your skills are required.

Sounds like spam. However, even if it is "legit," it will only stay legit until she starts with the sob stories and asking you to send her money. Dude, you know she is looking for her green card, or in your case, the canadian equivalent.

Avoid it like the plague. It's not spam, it's a scam. In fact, it might not even be a woman. I will tell you exactly how this will go.

How long has this been going on, a week? If so, in another week she'll be so madly in love with you that she has to meet you. But you can't come to Russia, she has to come visit you in America (or in your case, Canada). Then she'll tell you some story about why she can't purchase the ticket herself, and ask you to send money. First it's for a visa, then for the plane ticket. After you send her money for a plane ticket, she'll send you another email asking for "Travel expenses" or some S like that. Once she realizes that you aren't going to send any more money, you won't get any more messages.

How do I know all of this? Someone I know fell for this scam about a month ago. He got fleeced for about 2 grand. We all did the research on it, but no matter what we told him, he thought it was legit & went through it anyway.

There are a ton of websites out there about this. Here's one of them. http://www.womenrussia.com/blacklist.htm

Once she mentions the word "visa", you know it's a scam.......

Avoid it like the plague. It's not spam, it's a scam. In fact, it might not even be a woman. I will tell you exactly how this will go.

How long has this been going on, a week? If so, in another week she'll be so madly in love with you that she has to meet you. But you can't come to Russia, she has to come visit you in America (or in your case, Canada). Then she'll tell you some story about why she can't purchase the ticket herself, and ask you to send money. First it's for a visa, then for the plane ticket. After you send her money for a plane ticket, she'll send you another email asking for "Travel expenses" or some S like that. Once she realizes that you aren't going to send any more money, you won't get any more messages.

How do I know all of this? Someone I know fell for this scam about a month ago. He got fleeced for about 2 grand. We all did the research on it, but no matter what we told him, he thought it was legit & went through it anyway.

There are a ton of websites out there about this. Here's one of them. http://www.womenrussia.com/blacklist.htm

Once she mentions the word "visa", you know it's a scam.......

This is exactly correct. A guy I work with almost fell for it. I tried to tell him that it was all a scam, but he didn't believe me until she asked for money for a plane ticket to come and see him! He never got a normal picture from her....thy all looked like glamour shots or something and he still almost fell for it!

I received an e-mail this morning. Here it is.

Warm Greetings!

Forgive my indignation if this message comes to you as a surprise and may offend your personality for contacting you without your prior consent and writing through this channel.I got your contact from a professional database found in internet while searching for a reliable and honest person that will be an anointed steward in a vision very dear to me. I am Mrs. Alondra Jose-Carlos person from Puerto Rico undergoing medical treatment. I am married to Dr. Kevin Jose-Carlos who was a gun runner supplying arms and ammunition to warring factions in Africa before he died in the year 2002.We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Since his after death, I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of £ 11.8.Million (Eleven Million, Eight Hundred Thousand British Pounds Sterling) with a Fiduciary company. Presently ,this money is still with the Fiduciary Company. Recently, my doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to cancer problem. Though what disturbs me most is my partial paralysis. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an organisation or individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in. I want an organisation or individual that will use this to fund, women and youth groups, victims of war, environmental protection ,charities, orphanages and widows . It is said that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and as a part of restitution for the atrocities of my husband which I tacitly supported. I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner , hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death, hence I know where I am going .I know that I am going to be in the bosom. If you consider yourself adequately equipped morally and spiritually for this mission, please ,respond by letting me know your decision to alondracarlos@zonai.com

Yours sincerely,

Mrs. Alondra Jose-Carlos

Usually I mark e-mails like this as spam. This morning however, I felt a little playful, so I responded back. This is my response:

I am so happy and thankful that your e-mail found me. I run a home for orphaned amputees and we have had funding in the past but due to government cut-backs, that is no longer a form of income for our home. We then relied on fund-raisers and charity but unfortunately, it has not been enough to pay all the bills, putting us behind in payments. Which brings us to our current situation.

Unless we come up with $13,279 immediately, the bank will fore close on our house. That will put 11 orphans, 3 staff members and myself out on the street with no place to go. I cannot thank you enough for your generosity and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Bless you,

Bryan Hobbs

You should do a traceroute on the sending IP and see if it actually goes to Russia. But yeah, this is total BS.

Archived