Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A answer to immigration.

G-Prime

Tossing idea's around with people at work.. I mentioned this and everyone thought it was a good idea.

So here is a quicker way for people to become citizen's.. Serving a minimum of 2 or 4 years in our military. They will learn to speak english, they will earn money and they will pay taxes, as well as having the opprotunity for an extended education. This will also expose them to american's and help them asymilate into our culture easier when they get out. Of course for security reasons they would have to be limited on rank I think.

What do you guys think?

It already exists to some extent. There are ALOT of soldiers that I served with that were not US citizens yet. They do learn English, but some choose not to use it. It was a huge communication barrier. I believe that they all have to go through training at Lachland AFB in Texas ( I am not sure of this though) .

sound like a good idea...

The only thing that bothers me is the large number of people from other countries accumulating in our own who are trained by the best military in the world..... hmmm...... :laugh:

I don't like the idea, not at all. I prefer not to have the military filled with people from other countries looking for the "golden ticket" to citizenship. The current environment is finally weeding out some of the "joined for college money" crowd. We shouldn't need to outsource warriors willing to fight for our country...we don't need a foreign legion.

I don't like the idea, not at all. I prefer not to have the military filled with people from other countries looking for the "golden ticket" to citizenship. The current environment is finally weeding out some of the "joined for college money" crowd. We shouldn't need to outsource warriors willing to fight for our country...we don't need a foreign legion.

:applause:

The best option would be to make it a felony to "sneak" into the US. One strike and your out for good. Force legal immigration and hold the illegals and our own business's responsible with no lenyancy (horrible spelling). It would be better for both sides. We need the taxes on their incomes.

:applause:

The best option would be to make it a felony to "sneak" into the US. One strike and your out for good. Force legal immigration and hold the illegals and our own business's responsible with no lenyancy (horrible spelling). It would be better for both sides. We need the taxes on their incomes.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen. Ideally border security should be in place (Gates, walls, Gun towers etc) and then we should round up the illegals and pitch them over the wall.

That's not going to happen either so was thinking what could benefit both us and them. Which is where my thought originally came from.. Could it ever happen sure? Would it? doubtful.. Not in today's world with so many security questions. Just a thought I wanted to share and get everyone elses take on it.

I think the "Learn English" argument is a little weak. When I was in the Army, I had a Warrant Officer who was from Puerto Rico. He was in the Army for over 20 years. We could understand about half the words coming out of his mouth. He knew all the swear words, but his everyday English was poor. We knew our jobs well enough that we knew what he wanted done, but there were times that our Section Chief (also P.R. but raised in mainland U.S.) would have to translate for us.

As for citizenship to immigrants, I'm not entirely for or against it. People who serve should become citizens, but I don't want the Armed Forces flooded with foreigners.

If we truly need their labor so badly you'd think someone on capitol hill would figure it out. It doesn't seem that hard to me. Document the illegals when they're caught..give them a one strike out or go to prison rule. When the mexicans see their buddies going to prison and hearing the stories about prison they may think twice? Why would you illegaly migrate to another country on the second try knowing you may go to prison?

I like the way this is going. How about along the same line of thinking but non-military.

Remember the WPA? The depression era, millions of people needing work. Build government funded projects that help the nation and keep the people busy.

Man our infrastructure is in need of repair in a lot of places. Bridges in particular come to mind. I am sure lots of other ideas could come into it. 4 years service in a system like that, withholdings to pay back taxes and mandatory english classes. Hey, at least they'll understand it. I think something like that could work.

A simple solution.

Tax all wire transfers out of the US at 75%.

The illegal immigration problem is solved.

Other, more serious problems are created of course.........

That would be bad for me since I send money to my Grandmother overseas.....

I like the way this is going. How about along the same line of thinking but non-military.

Remember the WPA? The depression era, millions of people needing work. Build government funded projects that help the nation and keep the people busy.

Man our infrastructure is in need of repair in a lot of places. Bridges in particular come to mind. I am sure lots of other ideas could come into it. 4 years service in a system like that, withholdings to pay back taxes and mandatory english classes. Hey, at least they'll understand it. I think something like that could work.

I definitely like this idea, make them work jobs that we need done anyways, or that they do. At least they will be documented. I also like someones post (forgot the name) of making them help to build the wall on the border.

I believe that they all have to go through training at Lachland AFB in Texas ( I am not sure of this though) .

Lachland A.F.B. in San Antonio,Tx is were all A.F. recruits go for Basic

Training. Recruits joining the Marines go to Paris Island,S.C.

Recruits joining the Navy & Army are sent to different training bases

according to their carreer field

I was in the A.F. in the late 1980's

'Lead,Follow,or Get Out The Way' 3701st A.F.T.S.

The solution is simple. If someone does not respect our laws when they enter this country, and they cause people who have been doing it the right way, to have to wait longer, then they should never be allowed to be a citizen. If they are found, they are deported(unless assylum is granted). People that come into this country legaly, should have becoming a US citizen, made a little easier then the mess it is now for some. That way, you dont have people being extremely selfish and self-centered and jumping line. As long as you allow people to get away with it, why would they wait in line doing the right thing?

So here is a quicker way for people to become citizen's.. Serving a minimum of 2 or 4 years in our military. What do you guys think?

So we have 50k members of Al Qaeda join our military and we provide them with weapons inside our country?

Lachland A.F.B. in San Antonio,Tx is were all A.F. recruits go for Basic

Training. Recruits joining the Marines go to Paris Island,S.C.

Recruits joining the Navy & Army are sent to different training bases

according to their carreer field

I was in the A.F. in the late 1980's

'Lead,Follow,or Get Out The Way' 3701st A.F.T.S.

The "foreign" troops (atleast from Latin American countries) go through Lachland as well (well atleast in the Army). I remember in AIT, I would always get into it with one of my roommates and he would always say, "You never been to Lachland, You dont know how hard it is to try and learn a foreign language". Other than him, I know of quite a few soldiers that went through Lachland as well.

So we have 50k members of Al Qaeda join our military and we provide them with weapons inside our country?

According to some on this board being against illegal immigration is all about latinos. I guess we should open up our airports so illegals can come in from everywhere. I bet their are some Indians or Pakistani's that would work even cheaper and therefore contribute to our economy even more. Plus since having a common language apparently isn't very important that is a non-factor as well. I am sure there are people in many countries that could benefit from the American dream, and we are obligated as the greatest country on Earth to give them their shot...

You now, the more articles I am reading about yesterday, the more I am getting pissed off. To the people who are ****ing about all the immigration laws, I say this: If you don't like it, get the hell out. I am sure that the United states is not the only place in the world where someone can make an income. Sorry to sound so insensitive, but when someone starts complaining about how they abide by the laws (no you don't) and pay taxes (most likely you don't) and that you are an american (waving a mexican flag) I just get frustrated. I agree with some of the posters above, the people getting shafted are the legal immigrants. I understand that they are a large part of our workforce, but I am sure if businesses needed to, that they could find workers somewhere other than 7-11 at 5:30 in the morning.

Archived