Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sorta-legality-type question

MissU28

um...obviously didn't know what to name this thread.

ANYWAY... I'm about to buy 3 season tickets from this guy off here (two friends and I are going to go in on them)... and I wanted some quick advice. Together, we are paying over $2000 for these three tickets... and I want to make sure if I send this guy a money order, I won't be screwed over. Is there some sort of contract I can write up, either electronically or whatever, to have it in writing that this guy is supposed to send me tickets? I mean, I have all the PMs, but I would feel safer if I had something concrete.

Any ideas?

meet at fedex with some ES'ers. They'll gladly protect you, and you don't have to worry about getitng screwed, he'll have the tickets in hand.

have the season tickets already been sent out yet?

MU,

I just sold my 3 tickets and what I did was fax a letter to the ticket office that changed the delivery address for the tickets to the buyers house and notified them that he was going to be using my tickets this year. then I gave him the account number and the name of the name on the account so that he could call and verify that I had done so. No risk as the account is not transferable and the contact address for any notifications remained mine.

You need to write a contract that gives you rights to all the tickets this year including first right of refusal for the playoff tickets should there be any.

You might ask predicto or redskin56 to write one up for you :D

MU,

I just sold my 3 tickets and what I did was fax a letter to the ticket office that changed the delivery address for the tickets to the buyers house and notified them that he was going to be using my tickets this year. then I gave him the account number and the name of the name on the account so that he could call and verify that I had done so. No risk as the account is not transferable and the contact address for any notifications remained mine.

You need to write a contract that gives you rights to all the tickets this year including first right of refusal for the playoff tickets should there be any.

You might ask predicto or redskin56 to write one up for you :D

thanks, this is what i needed

enjoy the season, but what will you do with those other preseason tickets you got? :D

oh, the ones that gallntfox is selling me? haha, almost forgot. Maybe I'll buy them and sell the 400 level ones so I can sit low for the preseason

When I bought my first set from ebay it was closer to the season and the guy met me at springfield mall. I gave him a cashiers check he gave me the tickets.

This year I bought a green parking pass for 700 from ebay. I trusted in the buyers history and using paypal to pay.

Tickets won't be sent by the Skins for a while yet.....Is there a hurry on the seller's end to get this deal done?

I'd feel much more comfortable if I was given actual tickets when I paid the money from someone I do not know.

Reisterstown, MD is just west of Balto.

Caveat Emptor. No truer words fit together. Well except for Redskins and Hail.

MissU,

Take DeanCollins advice. Try to get something in writing. I am sure this person is trustworthy and if he is on the "up and up" he shouldn't mind signing something. If he doesn't want to sign anything then.... :movefast:

Also, tickets aren't sent to the season ticket holders until about the first week of August. Good Luck! :cheers:

Tickets won't be sent by the Skins for a while yet.....Is there a hurry on the seller's end to get this deal done?

I'd feel much more comfortable if I was given actual tickets when I paid the money from someone I do not know.

Reisterstown, MD is just west of Balto.

Caveat Emptor. No truer words fit together. Well except for Redskins and Hail.

he's in a hurry because he put 6 season tickets on a credit card and his wife is expecting in september so she won't be going to the games, and two of his friends are having money trouble, so that's where the 3 extras come into play. I guess he's paying a buttload of interest and he wants me to get the money to him soon before I change my mind.

As others have said, try to get something in writing w/ him signing it in front of a notary public having it notarized it was indeed him signing it if you're worried about it, or you could do the PayPal route, but remember, they only will help you up to 30 days, and the tickets won't be sent out that quick, if you use a CC you can dispute the charge usually up to 180 days, so if you PayPal'd him from a CC you'd be covered, but as you said he didn't want the fees so you'd probably have to pay, and that's 2.9% of 2k...about $58, if you do the notary part, by the time you have him go to a notary and mail you something, it's around $20 or so. So it's up to you, if you're paying all the fees (PayPal or Notary/Mailing Contract), it's not a huge difference. I'd personal do PayPal on a CC, so that if I never got them, I'd dispute it and get my money back from the CC, with a contract, if nothing ever happens you'd have to go thru court and what not, much more of a hassel. I'd pay the $38 extra for convience.

Sorry forgot to add, see if he has history on eBay/other sales sites and see if its good, also, check you Credit Card agreement, three of my four are 180 days, but one is only 90 days, make sure yours is 180 days!

My buddies pay each other when they owe one another with paypal. There is no charges when they do it.

There is no charge if its a bank transfer or a paypal funds transfer, and the reciver gets less than $500 a month, and has a personal account.

If MissU wants to pay him via a Credit Card (and therefore be able to chargeback later) the reciever of the fund has to have a premier or business account.

Fees can be found here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside&countries=

Archived