Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Human Condition

Stigmata

I came here yesterday, i saw a thread, Man gets eaten by lions (Viewer discretion advised) but i watched it, im sorry i did. Very horrible. Its really troubled me, here are his wife and kids seeing this as the lions tear this man to shreds. (links have been shut down)

I cant explain it but i tell you it hurt me seeing this. I have kids. i dont know but it just disturbed me.

So that night i kept having flashes of this scene in my mind, troubling, i had to block it out of my head and finally fell asleep. So today the images came again and it messed with me again these images.

I was working and i got mad, why do people after seeing such a horrible thing find it necessary to share with everyone else. Im thinking, did they think (whoa man this is cool) check this out. I cant imagine anyone getting off on such a thing real or not, it was portrayed as real, it sure looked real, my senses said it was real.

But others wanted to keep the thread alive by changing the subject to, THATS FAKE yadda yadda yadda. These people would have fit well in the roman days at the colosseum seeing people burned at the stake, eaten by lions ect.

I thank God, i really do, my heart isnt so dark and cold that such a scene that makes me either laugh, think its cool, or no feeling at all. I cant imagine not being affected in my spirit by such a display and its telling that people in this world get off on it.

Some may read this post and think im dumb, which proves my point really. Its not me as far as i can see that needs help or is over reacting, its the lack of reaction that's worse. some cold blooded stuff people are capable of. its sad really..

Im to blame for my own demise i could have not watched this, i chose to, i am wiser to day then yesterday. If i had stumbled on this clip on my own, after watching this, i would have been just as troubled, and linking it here would have been so far from my mind.

For me im almost as shocked at the fact people have no feeling inside as the desire to share this vidio. like i said, Sad..

But others wanted to keep the thread alive by changing the subject to, THATS FAKE yadda yadda yadda. These people would have fit well in the roman days at the colosseum seeing people burned at the stake, eaten by lions ect.

That's not changing the subject at all. There are quite a few fraudulent videos which make the rounds on the internet.

For one thing, there are multiple camera angles in the video, which is not possible with the (apparently) lone cameraman and a single take. Lions generally go for the throat when attacking, which they did not do here. The camera work is not consistent with someone actually trying to film the attack - it is intentionally shaken around to create a sense of panic rather than representing the events accurately, and pans to crying family members in an attempt to increase the drama.

Blood is smeared on his hands and knees, but not in areas where the lions appeared to sink their teeth and claws, and the amount of blood does not increase over the course of the video. No chunks of flesh, as gruesome as that sounds, are torn out. There isn't even a tear in his clothing.

With two cars full of people, why was no attempt made to scare the lions off? Since two cars full of tourists probably aren't bouncing around the African bush, it's likely this was at some sort of wildlife park. If that's so, where were the wardens with tranquilizers or rifles? If it's a legitimate attack why didn't we hear about it via traditional news outlets?

There are a lot of inconsistencies, and I don't think it's unfair to question the validity of the footage.

i watched the video. IMO, if it is real(which I don't think it is) that guy is an idiot worthy of his own fate. Let me ask you a question? Would you get out of the car and walk up within feet of a pride of lions that are feasting on a fresh kill? If you answered yes to the question, you deserve to get eaten by said lions. :2cents:

Edit: I do think the video was wildly inappropriate for THIS site however, and do agree that is was properly removed.

I am with stigmata on this. Even if the video was fraudulent the topic was exceedingly sickening. So much so that I truly regret seeing the video.

Another instance of this on extreme happened about six months ago or so. Someone posted a maze that you were to follow for some prize. After one try I had my son do the maze. Well it ended up being a demonic picture with a loud frightening sound show up on the scree after you past a certain part of the maze.

No warning or anything. Frankly in that case that was my fault for having my kid try something on the internet without me reviewing it. But it mad me mad as hell.

This video you are talking about was the worst thing I can ever imagine seeing.

That's not changing the subject at all. There are quite a few fraudulent videos which make the rounds on the internet.

For one thing, there are multiple camera angles in the video, which is not possible with the (apparently) lone cameraman and a single take. Lions generally go for the throat when attacking, which they did not do here. The camera work is not consistent with someone actually trying to film the attack - it is intentionally shaken around to create a sense of panic rather than representing the events accurately, and pans to crying family members in an attempt to increase the drama.

With two cars full of people, why was no attempt made to scare the lions off? Since two cars full of tourists probably aren't bouncing around the African bush, it's likely this was at some sort of wildlife park. If that's so, where were the wardens with tranquilizers or rifles? If it's a legitimate attack why didn't we hear about it via traditional news outlets?

There are a lot of inconsistencies, and I don't think it's unfair to question the validity of the footage.

Wild animals have a natural fear of man, ( i know you will debate that now) the camera shaking is consistent with panic, as far as why did people not try and scare them away uh gee they are watching what happens when you get to close, not to mention the trauma involved.. and yes its changing the subject, because my main point is the need to even show this video, create this video, share this sick video ect. The video itself is disturbing fake or real, by questioning its validity just in it self demands scrutiny ala makes people watch it..

Wild animals have a natural fear of man, ( i know you will debate that now)

That's a fact, and I won't debate that at all. What does that have to do with your point?

the camera shaking is consistent with panic, as far as why did people not try and scare them away uh gee they are watching what happens when you get to close, not to mention the trauma involved.. and yes its changing the subject, because my main point is the need to even show this video, create this video, share this sick video ect. The video itself is disturbing fake or real, by questioning its validity just in it self demands scrutiny ala makes people watch it..

Camera shaking to that degree is not consistent with panic, especially when the cameraman isn't running. It's consistent with The Blair Witch Project.

Stigmata, you just need to resist your impulses. I learned to resist clicking on any such clips or going to any movies I knew would disturb me in this way long ago. It's only natural to feel so disturbed over such violence. It's the people who are NOT disturbed by such violence that I wonder about.

And anyway, Stig, don't you have enough blood in your life - what with your palms and all? ;)

Stigmata, you just need to resist your impulses. I learned to resist clicking on any such clips or going to any movies I knew would disturb me in this way long ago. It's only natural to feel so disturbed over such violence. It's the people who are NOT disturbed by such violence that I wonder about.

And anyway, Stig, don't you have enough blood in your life - what with your palms and all? ;)

hehe yep i know, i was dumb for my hasty click. As for my name i just like the sound of it..

I saw that video and it was an obvious fake.

Lions don't chew and knaw on people while they are alive, or any creature.

They will lock onto your throat until you are dead, then drag your body away to another spot.

A lion won't stand up and gently knock you down. It would have been a quick pounce, and that man would have been a rag doll. There is absolutly nothing any man could do against a lion attack.

Those cats were playing with him.

I have seen lions play with humans, and that's what it looks like exactly.

For me im almost as shocked at the fact people have no feeling inside as the desire to share this vidio. like i said, Sad..

Stig,

this younger gerneration plays first person shooter games often with blood and guts and heads flying off from bullets they shoot and you expect them to

be sensetive? :doh: :laugh: I don't watch that stuff. don't ever watch the "Faces of death" series of movies. those aren't fake

I saw that video and it was an obvious fake.

Lions don't chew and knaw on people while they are alive, or any creature.

They will lock onto your throat until you are dead, then drag your body away to another spot.

A lion won't stand up and gently knock you down. It would have been a quick pounce, and that man would have been a rag doll. There is absolutly nothing any man could do against a lion attack.

Those cats were playing with him.

I have seen lions play with humans, and that's what it looks like exactly.

Fine for you.. what about those that it looks real to? does that make it ok? does the premise that you can some how come away feeling it was fake justify its creation if its fake?

It was presented as real, not Hollywood, for me it looked very real. i came away affected by it, its just wrong to have such little disregard in this manner. and troubling also that other don't have the slightest regard for the impact it could have on others. or is this the thrill? if so that some how makes it even worse..

Stig,

this younger gerneration plays first person shooter games often with blood and guts and heads flying off from bullets they shoot and you expect them to

be sensetive? :doh: :laugh: I don't watch that stuff. don't ever watch the "Faces of death" series of movies. those aren't fake

Actually Faces of Death movies are fake.

The only exceptions are from the second one, which was the most boring one.

Because they showed skulls and remains, not actual deaths.

All of them are fake, the bashing monkey skull while he is alive, the electric chair, the bungie cord that was too long.

Actually Faces of Death movies are fake.

The only exceptions are from the second one, which was the most boring one.

Because they showed skulls and remains, not actual deaths.

All of them are fake, the bashing monkey skull while he is alive, the electric chair, the bungie cord that was too long.

honestly, I never watched them, just heard from others, interesting. thanks

Stig,

Yes but there is something about knowing in advance that its fake, like a video game. This was presented as authentic. I have played shoot em up video games all my life, i know its not real and am still able to be a human being when the game is turned off. i mean has it gotten this bad?

Fine for you.. what about those that it looks real to? does that make it ok? does the premise that you can some how come away feeling it was fake justify its creation if its fake?

It was presented as real, not Hollywood, for me it looked very real. i came away affected by it, its just wrong to have such little disregard in this manner. and troubling also that other don't have the slightest regard for the impact it could have on others. or is this the thrill? if so that some how makes it even worse..

You are right, we as humans do have this morbid fascination with things like war, death, videos of bad things happening to animals and humans.

The news stations make a living off of this...except for in florida where the only news they seem to find is a cow got shot with BB's by some kids, or some old person wrecked their car in a house.

....Well even that is bad news.

I don't know if something like that would have a negotive effect on anyone.

honestly, I never watched them, just heard from others, interesting. thanks

They do look real, and for years no one knew they were fake.

Supposedly they were banned in most countrys, and in some states, if I'm not mistaken.

Those vids were freaky, especially when you thought they were real!

This one clip had a group of teenage kids breaking into a junkyard or parking lot to steal some things.

There is this camera that pans left to right recording everything, and then these pack of dogs come flying out to get them.

Everyone hopped back over the fence but this one guy didn't make it.

And the next four minutes shows him trying to fight the dogs off as the camera pans off and on the scene.

Slowly he loses the fight till he isn't moving, and the dogs are just eating him....or so it appears, the video is dark and it looks like one of those cheezy security vids, so it looks real.

I think you're wrong for calling others out and making grand assumptions as to their motives. Was he wrong for posting this video? Yes. People do stupid things because they are not perfect. So quit acting like you are...

what other motive could there be Johnny? please tell me.

Ill be back 24 is on..

what other motive could there be Johnny? please tell me.

Ill be back 24 is on..

I don't want to speak for the person who posted the video.

There are several reasons why people decide to look at morbid videos. Some are curious, others try to numb the fear of death/dying, etc.

Archived