Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - A look at the Redskins' draft picks

JimmiJo

http://www.dailypress.com/news/local/virginia/dp-fbn--draft-redskins-g0430apr30,0,1514439.story?coll=dp-headlines-virginia

A look at the Redskins' draft picks

By the Associated Press

April 30, 2006

ASHBURN, Va. -- A look at the players selected by the Washington Redskins in the 2006 NFL draft (listed by name, position, college, height, weight, hometown): SaturdayP> Second roundP> No. 35 overallP>

ROCKY McINTOSH, LB, Miami, 6-2, 231, Gaffney, S.C.

Versatile enough to have played all three LB positions in college, but the Redskins will use him at the weakside to compete for LaVar Arrington's old spot. ... Started 26 of 46 games with the Hurricanes. Had 5{ sacks and team-leading 89 tackles as a senior, earning an honorable mention in All-ACC voting for second straight year. ... After redshirt year, started six games as a freshman but preseason knee surgery relegated him to backup duty as a sophomore. ... Graduated with a degree in criminology in four years and is working on two more degrees, in English and African-American studies. ... Real first name is Roger. ... Laid-back personality doesn't fit his Rocky nickname, which was given to him by his grandmother. "They thought when I was born I was going to be a hardheaded guy," he said. Were they right? "No," he said. "I'm not hardheaded." ... Son of military family and moved "maybe 10 times" before deciding to stay with grandmother in Gaffney to finish high school. Father has since retired from military and runs Widow's Son Barefoot Diner in Killeen, Texas, where McIntosh spent draft day. SundayP> Fifth roundP> No. 153 overallP>

ANTHONY MONTGOMERY, DT, Minnesota, 6-5, 301, Cleveland

Athletic, versatile lineman with good size. ... Played in 45 games with 23 starts at Minnesota. ... Had 41 tackles (23 solo), six tackles for loss and three sacks as a senior. ... Visited Redskins Park two weeks ago. "From the time I put my foot in the door, it felt like home," he said. "Everybody was so friendly, so nice, I could feel the love." ... Majoring in African-American studies. ... Played several positions on defense and offense at John F. Kennedy High School, including quarterback. Also lettered in baseball and basketball. Sixth roundP> No. 173 overallP>

Click on link for full article...

I wonder what kind of job requires an African-American studies degree? I mean, what's his back-up plan if the NFL thing doesn't happen? :whoknows:

read the whole sentence:

Graduated with a degree in criminology in four years and is working on two more degrees, in English and African-American studies

It actually sounds like he is a VERY intelligent young man. I'm happy to welcome him to our beloved skins. I hope they play "eye of the Tiger" whenever he does something good.

Think he'll wear 56?

read the whole sentence:

Graduated with a degree in criminology in four years and is working on two more degrees, in English and African-American studies

It actually sounds like he is a VERY intelligent young man. I'm happy to welcome him to our beloved skins. I hope they play "eye of the Tiger" whenever he does something good.

Think he'll wear 56?

Well, I was actually referring to the guy in the 2nd paragraph. No one is questioning intelligence here. Read my whole sentence. :laugh:

unfotunitly as always we got one good player out of the draft and nothing else. we havent got anything past the second round besides cooley in god knows how many years. id like to see us have a great year with all of our picks

Yeah, unfortunately we didn't pick up Reggie Bush with one of our 7th rounders...

I mean come on. How the heck do you know we didn't get anything with our later picks. Do you think the Patriots picked Tom Brady because they knew he'd be a future stud? No. They picked up someone they hoped would prove to be valuable enough to actually make the roster.

Did you read any of the bios? Seems like a couple of these guys have been top notch players at one point in time in their careers (high school, I-AA, etc.) These later rounds are where you take a little risk and hope you land a gem. If the injuries are an anomaly, a couple of these guys could really pan out

Archived