Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles attempting to move into the top 10 of the draft

Oldskool

I'm much happier with Bunkley than Ngata. Besides, Baltimore picked before us.

I think it is kind of odd that the Ravens move up one spot for a DT that would have fallen to them, unless there was some trade interest from another team, I think that other team was more than likley the Eagles.

Hey guess what? The guy they want is still there.

Probably was the player they wanted, but I didn't think they would move into the top ten to get him. My point was the Eagles would not give up what it takes to move into the top ten to get a player they want.

Probably was the player they wanted, but I didn't think they would move into the top ten to get him. My point was the Eagles would not give up what it takes to move into the top ten to get a player they want.
We won't know considering the fact that he dropped out of the top 10. Besides if they traded up into the top 10, you could kiss the possibilty of J. Walker good bye.

We won't know considering the fact that he dropped out of the top 10. Besides if they traded up into the top 10, you could kiss the possibilty of J. Walker good bye.

The Eagles want Walker, but don't want to pay the price for getting him. It is that simple. I said it in the other thread and I will say it in this thread. If you disagree, prove to me that the Eagles will part with a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him instead of a sixth and Thomas. A player they will release anyway.

Stupid Stupid Eagles. Got the player they would have had to give up an additional 2nd if they moved up at their original pick.

Read my above post. We will probably never know if the player they took was at the top of their draft board or not. My point was that they would not pay the price needed to move into the top ten. My point was not that they would choose one particular player over another.

Walker is a much better example to demonstrate my point.

Read my above post. We will probably never know if the player they took was at the top of their draft board or not. My point was that they would not pay the price needed to move into the top ten. My point was not that they would choose one particular player over another.

Walker is a much better example to demonstrate my point.

Fred, try to be rational. The cost to move up in the top ten would have been their second round pick. Two other times in the last three years, the Eagles traded their second round pick to move up in the first round.

The fact you keep arguing such a stupid side of a discussion, with so much evidence to the contrary, makes me wonder about either your intellect or your ability to reason.

The Eagles want Walker, but don't want to pay the price for getting him. It is that simple. I said it in the other thread and I will say it in this thread. If you disagree, prove to me that the Eagles will part with a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him instead of a sixth and Thomas. A player they will release anyway.
Dude how do you know? Seriously.

Prove me wrong. When Walker goes to another NFL team, what are you going to say?

Fred, you are proving, time and time again, that you are not a man that one can have a serious football conversation with.

When called on your ridiculous statements, all you counter with is "prove me wrong"?

You said the Eagles wouldn't be willing to move up to take a player they wanted. Going by the draft value chart, they'd have to give up the same compensation they have 2 of the last 3 years yet you still keep spilling your rhetoric.

The Eagles seen how the draft was shaping up and didn't panic. Whitner at 8 and Sims at 9 made it obvious the Eagles had a good chance at getting their guy.

Eagles don't just throw in 2nd rounders for the hell of it....like other teams we know.

My point is the Eagles are cheap. That is it. My point is not that the Eagles can't draft well or evaluate talent, but the FO has proven that they won't make the sacrifice needed to get needed players to move to the next level. I am not saying skins like FA splashes, but they expend the appropriate cap space to get a player that would propel them to a SB win. TO's contract was big, but not for one of the best WR's in the league. They let that center go to another team. They pick up a DE that has been hurt, and though he will help, will just be another good player along a very good line.

Reference the draft, the Eagles have moved up, but when they did they usually had lots of picks to use as trade bait. I don't disagre with their philosphy of using the draft to build a team. It is a philosophy and it is neither right or wrong. However, the skins, pukes and even the Giants have made sacrifices and bold moves to get better. Please tell me about the bold moves the Eagles have made? As I said, they got TO cheap.

Fred, the fact you say these things and completely ignore the fact the Eagles have given up 2nd rounders 2 of the last 3 years is astounding to me. Again, you already have an answer in your head and try to argue to prove it, while everyone else is shaking their heads in disbelief.

BTW, Eagles have a ton of picks this year too.

Archived