Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

why are some hating lavar..

dinzelwashington

sup extremeskins fans, i was just roaming thru youtube.com and saw the goodbye patrick and lavar video and remembering lavar was my favorite player to watch before the hike. (after the hike is sean taylor) now lavars gone, i see many post out there hating on lavar. i just want to comment, good luck to lavar. he brought alot of feelings, some, why the hell u jump offsides lavar, but mostly up and off the couch screaming d-fense yeaaa because of him.. now all these thread showing no love for lavar... man we lost a great Lb. he was a great addition to us. now we got warrick holdman, man im real happy lavar is gone.. NOT.. good luck lavar...

heres the video from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWb9a-l6JbY&search=washington%20redskins

He is weird. He is just plain weird. And what the hell is all this talk about we don't play football, we do politics. He was the one who could not play, did not know his assignment, and would just free lance around. Maybe if he COULD play some football we would of kept his sorry butt. The guy needs to go back to Penn State because thats all he talks about is college.

Lets be honest guys, just saying Lavar brings back a whole lot of memories. I remember the constant losing seasons. I remember him saying he would never play for another team, that he would retire a Redskin even if it meant retiring early. I remember him saying he wants to play 2x against the skins every year (ie I hate your franchise and want payback).

Here is an analogy most guys can relate to. Do you remember that girl you dated for a while that was absolutely smoking? I mean this chick was hot, but she couldn't perform the neccessary duties but you never really wanted to let her go. Then you realized this hot chick that stinks in bed is a friggin headcase and you finally cut her lose. Then she tries to sleep with one of your friends just to stick it to you. That is Lavar, except instead of a friend she went to a rival.

F--K HER!

In case you forgot LaVar paid to leave this team. He was not a team player, he kept his mouth shut so that he could anticpate a big time pay day. LaVar was a liability in defensive schemes. Two of the best defensive coordinators recognized that Marvin Lewis and Greg Williams. LaVar is consistantly one of the most overrated players in the league.

He is weird. He is just plain weird. And what the hell is all this talk about we don't play football, we do politics. He was the one who could not play, did not know his assignment, and would just free lance around. Maybe if he COULD play some football we would of kept his sorry butt. The guy needs to go back to Penn State because thats all he talks about is college.

You took the word out of my mouth. I read that article. He and Pierce are should really SHUT UP. I am so sick of these guys being classless jerks and bashing the hell out of us. They need to get on with their lives already. I didn't see Art Monk do this, and he was treated terrible by Turner and Co.

why dont you do us all a favor and become a giants fan?

why dont you go become a cowboys fan? you're just as ignorant as one....

i dont know if you know this, but you can be a lavar fan AND a redskins fan- regardless of who lavar plays for. he didn't say he likes lavar's team, just lavar. surely, if the redskins are his first priority, he wouldn't want to see lavar do any damage against us, but whats wrong with wishing a past player luck elsewhere around the league?

speaking of which, yes this thread does belong in the "Around the NFL" faction of the boards. please try to not make the same mistake again, but it is no big deal for now.

Lets be honest guys, just saying Lavar brings back a whole lot of memories. I remember the constant losing seasons. I remember him saying he would never play for another team, that he would retire a Redskin even if it meant retiring early. I remember him saying he wants to play 2x against the skins every year (ie I hate your franchise and want payback).

Here is an analogy most guys can relate to. Do you remember that girl you dated for a while that was absolutely smoking? I mean this chick was hot, but she couldn't perform the neccessary duties but you never really wanted to let her go. Then you realized this hot chick that stinks in bed is a friggin headcase and you finally cut her lose. Then she tries to sleep with one of your friends just to stick it to you. That is Lavar, except instead of a friend she went to a rival.

MAn u relating Lavar's situation to that is crazy. And most pro athletes do play for more money. They'd be foolish not to.

F--K HER!

I guess I'll just never understand the devotion that some of you have to an underachieving, overpaid loudmouth like LaVar. I suppose I could understand it if we had won more during his time on the Skins or even if he was truly the dominating player that he's made out to be. But we didn't and he's not.

sup extremeskins fans, i was just roaming thru youtube.com and saw the goodbye patrick and lavar video and remembering lavar was my favorite player to watch before the hike. (after the hike is sean taylor) now lavars gone, i see many post out there hating on lavar. i just want to comment, good luck to lavar. he brought alot of feelings, some, why the hell u jump offsides lavar, but mostly up and off the couch screaming d-fense yeaaa because of him.. now all these thread showing no love for lavar... man we lost a great Lb. he was a great addition to us. now we got warrick holdman, man im real happy lavar is gone.. NOT.. good luck lavar...

heres the video from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWb9a-l6JbY&search=washington%20redskins

This is what I've posted elsewhere - I don't feel like rewriting it:

Lavar is a prima donna (I've said this elsewhere). He's a fun guy to root for, and his raw physical talent is (or at least was - we need to see him return to this level) second to none at his position. The problem is that he's fundamentally the same player now as when he was drafted, and he's never accepted that he has to play within a scheme. This is true now with a hall of fame head coach and a first class defensive coordinator, it was true with Marvin Lewis - a man whose reputation continues to rise - 4 years ago, and it was true with your beloved JoPa in Penn State before Lavar was drafted into the NFL.

Lavar, for all the lip service he's paid over the years towards being a "true Redskin" and a "Redskin for life" was never even able to make the one basic committment that all players on the team are assumed to make, which is to learn their assignment and play it.

Don't you find if fascinating that the man who spent the first four years of his career bellyaching about how there was constant change in the organization at the coaching level and a new scheme to learn each year, washed out when he got undoubtedly the best head coach, coaching staff and defensive coaching staff returning and providing stability? My theory on that is that Lavar's lack of discipline and immaturity as a player was in fact camoflaged by the constant parade of defensive coaches pre-Gibbs.

I don't hate Lavar. I in fact wish him well except for two (maybe three) times a year when our team plays his. He continues to benefit from amazing talent, and my prediction is that, like Shaq last year in Miami, he'll experience a resurgence and will probably show more willingness to play within a scheme in NY if for no other reason that to try to "prove" things like what I've written above "wrong". But let's not get carried away, Lavar is no saint, and what I've written is not incorrect, regardless of what he does from this point forward.

and

If you're wondering where the bad perception came from, it built over the course of years with his free-lancing, pouting and casting of blame upon his coaches for not being used right (supposedly). He used to complain about how the coaching staff changed every year, so when they finally bring in a stable coaching staff, under HoF coach Joe Gibbs no less, he does the least to assimilate and lead, instead refusing to play within the scheme. Unfortunately for him, this was a coaching staff with enough confidence and job security to say, "My way or the highway," so it was the highway for Lavar.

If his contract didn't already mean that he was gone after last year, then the incident that I think ensured his departure was his newspaper interview in December, when the team was scratching and clawing its way into the playoffs by winning its remaining five games.

Im not mad a LAVAR im just disapionted for waht he said the last game after we lost to the seahawks. When larry michel asked him if he wanted to stay he said he would love too because theres a building block here and he would like to be a redskins. So to lavar good luck to you and with your new team just paly bad when we the redskins play you!!

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS :point2sky

:logo: REDSKINS IN 2006 :logo:

Simply put, AP & LA belong in NY. Not a redskin at all. I'm glad they're gone. Macrus W. is sssoooo much better.

You took the word out of my mouth. I read that article. He and Pierce are should really SHUT UP. I am so sick of these guys being classless jerks and bashing the hell out of us. They need to get on with their lives already. I didn't see Art Monk do this, and he was treated terrible by Turner and Co.

Archived