Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants winning the NFC East? Think again!!

peachhaze

All of you Giant's fans, don't get ahead of yourselves and buy 2006 NFC East Champions' gear. Even though you just signed Lavar and Manning will have another year under his belt, I honestly think you will finish 8-8 or 9-6, if you are lucky.

Have any of you checked their schedule. It is brutal. Oh, their bye is in week 3. Great job, NFL scheduler!! Ha ha ha!!!

Sep 10 Indianapolis

Sep 17 @Philadelphia

Sep 24 @Seattle

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 Washington

Oct 15 @Atlanta

Oct 23 @Dallas

Oct 29 Tampa Bay

Nov 5 Houston

Nov 12 Chicago

Nov 20 @Jacksonville

Nov 26 @Tennessee

Dec 3 Dallas

Dec 10 @Carolina

Dec 17 Philadelphia

Dec 24 New Orleans

Dec 30 @Washington

All of you Giant's fans, don't get ahead of yourselves and buy 2006 NFC East Champions' gear. Even though you just signed Lavar and Manning will have another year under his belt, I honestly think you will finish 8-8 or 9-6, if you are lucky.

Have any of you checked their schedule. It is brutal. Oh, their bye is in week 3. Great job, NFL scheduler!! Ha ha ha!!!

Sep 10 Indianapolis

Sep 17 @Philadelphia

Sep 24 @Seattle

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 Washington

Oct 15 @Atlanta

Oct 23 @Dallas

Oct 29 Tampa Bay

Nov 5 Houston

Nov 12 Chicago

Nov 20 @Jacksonville

Nov 26 @Tennessee

Dec 3 Dallas

Dec 10 @Carolina

Dec 17 Philadelphia

Dec 24 New Orleans

Dec 30 @Washington

Yeah we will see how VAMPED up their D really is, FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON... when peyton and the colts run over them.....

Honestly if i had to make a prediction the Giants start 1-5 with their first win coming @Atlanta.

Every team in the first 6 games, with the exception of philly has much more talent and is better coached than NY... also one bad play and eli gets down on himself and nothing will hurt more than getting torched by his own brother... with all the hype around that game.. he is sure to choke cause that is what he is... a choke artist....

All these idiot giants fans should have looked at their schedule before coming in here and boasting about picking up a "backup linebacker" and old washed up corner.

IDIOTS

Yeah we will see how VAMPED up their D really is, FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON... when peyton and the colts run over them.....

Honestly if i had to make a prediction the Giants start 1-5 with their first win coming @Atlanta.

Every team in the first 6 games, with the exception of philly has much more talent and is better coached than NY... also one bad play and eli gets down on himself and nothing will hurt more than getting torched by his own brother... with all the hype around that game.. he is sure to choke cause that is what he is... a choke artist....

All these idiot giants fans should have looked at their schedule before coming in here and boasting about picking up a "backup linebacker" and old washed up corner.

IDIOTS

I don't think they'll beat ATL, ATL has a nice defense with Hall, Abraham, Milloy, Kerney, and Brooking. I think Eli will have his hands full.

On Redskins.com, Casey Rabach described our schelude as being the 11th toughest. If you really look at their schedule, it is actually the eqivolent to ours except for that we have Jacksonville and Indianapolis later. Tennesse will definately be much improved if they draft Jay Cutler and let him develop! :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I don't think they'll beat ATL, ATL has a nice defense with Hall, Abraham, Milloy, Kerney, and Brooking. I think Eli will have his hands full.

My pick of them beating Atlanta was not based as much on ATL D as it was their O.

Their huge problem their offense will continue to have until they get rid of him.. is Mike Vick. He is a great athlete and fun to watch but he is probably the most overated QB to ever come into the league. Also with Pierce, Usi, and Arrington.. all excelling at chasing down QB's vicks season might only last till this game. He plays right into the Giants D's stong points, which is freelancing... This will be Lavars only good game the entire year.

but trust me i would love to see them lose everygame.. i didn't even have a serious problem with the giants before all these Idiots started coming on this board talking about how GREAT they are going to be because of the addition of a crappy washed up linebacker..

Dallas.. yes TO makes them better

Philly---will rebound..

Giants... they got older.. and slower.. basically

My pick of them beating Atlanta was not based as much on ATL D as it was their O.

Their huge problem their offense will continue to have until they get rid of him.. is Mike Vick. He is a great athlete and fun to watch but he is probably the most overated QB to ever come into the league. Also with Pierce, Usi, and Arrington.. all excelling at chasing down QB's vicks season might only last till this game. He plays right into the Giants D's stong points, which is freelancing... This will be Lavars only good game the entire year.

but trust me i would love to see them lose everygame.. i didn't even have a serious problem with the giants before all these Idiots started coming on this board talking about how GREAT they are going to be because of the addition of a crappy washed up linebacker..

Dallas.. yes TO makes them better

Philly---will rebound..

Giants... they got older.. and slower.. basically

that's true, but I think both offenses will struggle really, especially if Tiki can't get anything going, then it'll be all up to Eli, and that'll be fun to watch....if that occurs. It'll be a good game though.

What Giant fan is talking about winning the division? There is the draft and post June 1st cuts still to go through. The Giants have a hole at DT and several areas of depth needed.

Giant fans are excited about the possibility of an improved defense and the offense coming back with all their starters in tack.

']What Giant fan is talking about winning the division? There is the draft and post June 1st cuts still to go through. The Giants have a hole at DT and several areas of depth needed.

Giant fans are excited about the possibility of an improved defense and the offense coming back with all their starters in tack.

I agree, to early to talk winning the division. The skins and Giants have one thing in common. The play at QB will determine the season. Eli needs to take a step forward for the Giants to win the division. The skins need Brunell healthy and Campbell to take a step forward this season.

']What Giant fan is talking about winning the division? There is the draft and post June 1st cuts still to go through. The Giants have a hole at DT and several areas of depth needed.

Tom,

I think you should just take this thread as a good sign for your team.

They are scared and are trying to tear you guys down.

YOU guys won the East last year. Your a better team this year, YOUR the team to beat.

:cheers:

Tom,

YOU guys won the East last year. Your a better team this year, YOUR the team to beat.

We really won't know who's improved the most until at least a few games have been played. I mean, you guys can look at whats gone on so far this offseason and try and predict whats coming, but in the NFL, anything can happen. W/ minicamps, traing camp, and preseason still to play, we may have a totally different feeling about this later.

Thats really why I don't get into predicting records and division champs so early, b/c no team will be exactly what they were last yr. Some teams will get better and some will get worse. As far as strength of schedule, we play the same teams that the Giants, Cowgirls, and Eagles play w/ the exception of a few games. I know every yr the schedule looks harder and harder, well its b/c teams are getting better and the teams that win, are the teams that do the little things, like good Spteams(most overlooked and important), run blking, pass blking, forcing t.o.'s, etc....

Usually the teams that have alot of players coming and going, will have the toughest time getting that winning chemistry back. We seem to be fine b/c we have most of our starters returning, we lost a Lber that started 1/2 the season and didn't play on 3rd downs and a Cb that wasn't really hurting us, but he wasn't making us better either. Our D will be deeper now w/ A.C. and A.A., more athletic, and we still have our core guys. For all the superstious guys out there, I knocked on wood after that last statement.

Tom,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah won the NFC East with the SECOND best record in the NFC East, they have gotten older... not sure about better

also no 9 homes games this season

Well not that our schedule is that much easier but i guess that is one of the few brightspots of us finishing 2nd in the division rather than 1st (obviously id rather have 1st no matter what but just seeing those few rays of sunshine) we got a little bit of a break on our schedule cause we would be looking at the giants schedule as ours....And while i def think we could handle the giants schedule, i think we will be more prepared to handle the schedule of a division champion for years to come starting next year when we are defending the NFC east title :) (although in my mind we had the better division record and had mara passed a week before or later than he did we would have been 6-0 in the division). We have the better division record and you guys had an extra home game so in my rationalized eyes everyone is looking up AT US!!!!!!

If I were a Giants fan I would be talking about winning the division. They are the team in the division that scares me the most. At some point Strahan and Barber are going to get a step slower but it hasn't happened yet and until it does they are the team to beat especially with Eli having another year under their belt. They won the division last year with a really, really, really bad pass defense and signed every CB that they could get their hands on this offseason.

We'll find out if they have done enough to hold off our hard charging Redskins. It's going to be a dogfight.

Tom,

How are they better? LaVar? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Eli doesn't step up his game, they're 8-8 at best.

And I don't see a repeat performance by their D-Line...Strahan is older and the other end is fast, but with LaVar behind him, will be defending the run...

Look for big plays against a defense that was solid last year.

Uhh, it is the same schedule as ours except for two games and I would argue that the Vikings will be just as tough as the Bears so the only real difference is that we play St Louis and they play Seattle. So if we follow the logic of your argument then we shouldn't have much reason to be celebrating, but we are. It is the offseason, the draft hasn't occurred yet, everyone is healthy right now. The Giants should be the NFC East favorites.

Sep 10 Indianapolis

Sep 17 @Philadelphia

Sep 24 @Seattle

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 Washington

Oct 15 @Atlanta

Oct 23 @Dallas

Oct 29 Tampa Bay

Nov 5 Houston

Nov 12 Chicago

Nov 20 @Jacksonville

Nov 26 @Tennessee

Dec 3 Dallas

Dec 10 @Carolina

Dec 17 Philadelphia

Dec 24 New Orleans

Dec 30 @Washington

I love the sheer smartassness (word?) of this post. :laugh:

yeah won the NFC East with the SECOND best record in the NFC East, they have gotten older... not sure about better

also no 9 homes games this season[/Quote]

Actually, the Giants got younger. With the exception of Sam Madison, Carlos Emmons, and Michael Strahan, the rest of the starters on defense are going to be in their twenties. And Emmons may not even be the starter. Strahan has not been effected by his age yet.

On offense, everyone is waiting for Tiki to wear down but it hasn't happened yet.

And the Giants are only going to get younger after the draft this weekend.

And as far as not seeing the Giants' D-Line doing what they did. Continuity adds to the strength of a team. The Giants will have three of four starters on the D-Line returning. The fourth will probably be a draft pick or split time with Robbins and from what I'm hearing, maybe Buckner.

But do me a favor. Keep assuming 8-8 for the Giants. I love it when they prove those predictions wrong.

Sep 10 Indianapolis

Sep 17 @Philadelphia

Sep 24 @Seattle

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 Washington

Oct 15 @Atlanta

Oct 23 @Dallas

Oct 29 Tampa Bay

Nov 5 Houston

Nov 12 Chicago

Nov 20 @Jacksonville

Nov 26 @Tennessee