J-tee_nfl

Cooley Pro Bowl chances?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Cooley Pro Bowl chances?

• Slim to none (cowboy fans vote here)
    • Maybe
    • Most Likely
    • A lock for a PB selection

On paper S. moss is the best of the two, but H. Ward was the Super Bowl MVP. Who would U rather have on ur team in '06. I would stick with moss, He is a big playmaker. But Ward also has great hands. What do You all think? :2cents:

are you serious? HInes ward on paper is def better than santana moss. Have u seen hines production in the past 5 rounds despite being i think a late round choice.. Arguably the best blocking WR in football. MOss had 1 great year... U dont compare 1 yr to consistent production

Lets stop being homers

Wow, I am the only one who voted for Ward. Alright homers. Ward is better blocker. MUCH better. Ward is also a better route runner and has slightly better hands. While Moss is both quicker and faster, Ward is a much more complete WR and IMO is a better #1. I also think Ward would fit into more systems, whereas Moss is more limited.

Wow, I am the only one who voted for Ward. Alright homers. Ward is better blocker. MUCH better. Ward is also a better route runner and has slightly better hands. While Moss is both quicker and faster, Ward is a much more complete WR and IMO is a better #1. I also think Ward would fit into more systems, whereas Moss is more limited.

ya i voted for ward too. We've got too many homers that thikn redskisn players are the best at every position.. MOSS had 1 great year and hes the best thing since sliced bread. On the other hand, steve smith has been great for 3-4 yrs. Ward is probably the top 5 best wrs along with TO, Chad, Marvin, steve smith

All loyalties aside, I'd take Moss. He's got more years ahead of him, and he's proved he can come through in the clutch as well as anybody. It took Ward 8 years to earn that Super Bowl MVP award, and Moss still has plenty of time to get one of his own. Ward has likely peaked (his catches and yards have declined since catching 112 for 1,329 in 2002). That's not to say he's no good anymore--he's still among the league's elite. I just think we've yet to see Santana's best season, and it's unlikely that a skill position player would have his best season after turning 30 (which Ward did last month).

Ward has had a quarterback the past two years, and Maddox was good before that. Moss made Brunell look great, and even Ramsey against the Giants he will go get the ball whereever it is even if he has to do a 360 to grab it or catch it on the back of his shoulder while full speed to score a td in Dallas. Not only that the guy can take a 2 yd pass to the house. Quite different receivers to compare though.

he's a better blocker, sure, but far from a deep threat that keeps defenses honest

thats an overrated stat for a wide reciever...although it's nice that a reciever can block, i would much rather have a great deep threat then a decent deep threat who can block.

oh ya, did u know who willie parker was before this season? their success of the running game is because they have always wr who can block.. moss is good, but i would take hines in a heart beat.

As a Redskin fan how could I possibly not say Santana moss after last season. Sure, ward has been around longer, hes tough, dependable and consistant. But moss has stupid sick speed (which is a very high quality for a reciever to have) and good hands. He keeps defenses honest, and although small, hes tough. No way would I take Ward over moss. Not now.

Archived