Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you believe in Satan ?

Mickalino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

in my regards to demons:

i've postested this before but i have encountered a demon possesed man before, i was robbed by him too. the following acount is a little crazy, this was in guatemala about....... 3 or so years ago on my first mission trip to guatemala.

we were in a back part of the town of ponahachel on lago atitlan. one of the beggars came upto me and in perfect english, i mean american acented english, told me to hand him over my wallet, he had a knife about 8 inches long. the other man with me, alengandero (works for the orphanage where my chruch does mission work), started talking to him in spanish about his wallet as well. we sorted this out afterwards, but when he responded in spanish it was becuase the same thing he said to us that i heard in american acented english he heard in spanish! anyway when i heard alengandero replying to the man in spanish i began to speak in spanish to him, trying t reason saying if he put the knife away i would give him some money and my coat. when i said this in spanish, the man fell silent and then said to both of us that he knew we were christians, that he really didnt want our money, but rather to hurt us. but the crazy thing is that when he said this, i swear, the man spoke in english and spanish at the same time, it was the wieredst thing i have ever heard. at this point alengandero is two steps ahead of me and says to us both in english (i guess so it was easier for me to undertsand the fast conversation...), he says to us both that he knows the man is possesed, he tells me that we are adresing a demon, not the man whom the demon ocupied. i was skeptical but afterwards i have come to belive he was correct, the whole laguage thing was sacary and wierd, but i thought the man was crazy. the man laughs and leers at us, and to make it short, as he is giving us this absolutelty evil stare and tossing his knife between his hands, he tells us our mission to help guatemala is doomed, he basicaly said that giving hope to the people was useless. in spanish he tells us that he will kill us. just after he said this he luned for alengandero and me and him grabbed him, alengandero punches him in the face and i got him in the stomach, out cold from alengandero's punch to the face. we both got away, we didnt tell our group about it until we got back to the orphanage a couple days later; it was too wierd...

demons exsist wether you believe in them or not, and the not part is themost dangerous...

My thought process is this. There is hard factual proof that God and Satan exists. Numbers and mathematics. They are logical yet how did this "concept" come to pass. EVERY culture counts the same and performs mathematics EXACLY the same. Where did everything come from. In science something has to occur for something to come into existance. People can say the big bang, but what was here to cause the big bang? Matter just doesn't exist some action has to be performed for matter to come into existance. Therefore, something above our control and more advanced than us has to be in existance to perform these actions.

My only question to non-believers in christ is: What do you have to lose? To believe in Christ you gain eternal life and lose absolutely nothing. On the converse, if you do not believe what do you gain?

I'll add this about religious themes of Satan in people: I get to be part of regularly seeing first-hand families reunited and individuals returned to decent lives because they were appropriately treated by current pharmachological and psychological science when in the past they would be consisered possesed by demons by the educated believers ad subject to all sorts of, let's just say, less effective treatment.

Now no matter how many times they re-read those Bible passages, that treatment did not advance the art of healing. It took apllication of a very different branch of man's seeking answers to accomplish that result.

So if your loved one ever, God forbid, develops serious mental health issues, you can take them to an exorcist or a shaman, and it may work. But I'll take mine to a doctor and pray too.

Ive met Joe Gibbs. Ive shaken his hand. I havent even seen 1 photograph of Jesus Christ.

This statement is retarded! Honestly, have you ever seen a potograph of George Washington or even a photograph of Alexander the Great? Just because you have not physically seen them doesn't mean they did not exist!

How man was recorded before the advent of photographs and modern printing was by word of mouth and written word. Jesus was recorded in the written word and He was crucified and He was Resurrected.

in my regards to demons:

i've postested this before but i have encountered a demon possesed man before, i was robbed by him too. the following acount is a little crazy, this was in guatemala about....... 3 or so years ago on my first mission trip to guatemala.

you're scaring me dude. june is right around the corner.

This statement is retarded! Honestly, have you ever seen a potograph of George Washington or even a photograph of Alexander the Great? Just because you have not physically seen them doesn't mean they did not exist!

How man was recorded before the advent of photographs and modern printing was by word of mouth and written word. Jesus was recorded in the written word and He was crucified and He was Resurrected.

You bible thumpers are so easy to rile up. :evil:

I dont believe that Jesus was resurrected and you cant prove it. :poke:

And in Pastafarian heaven, there is a beer volcano and a stripper factory. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_the_Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Pastafarian Heaven has a Beer Volcano and a Stripper Factory.

And in Pastafarian heaven, there is a beer volcano and a stripper factory. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_the_Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Ive met Joe Gibbs. Ive shaken his hand. I havent even seen 1 photograph of Jesus Christ.

I feel sorry for you bro. I truly do.

and you do it on purpose you bastage;)

As for the guy who quoted Paul.....hmmm......

Good cite however not even Paul would know this for fact for he is human.......I would say that this may be another thing you don't that literally,,,,,

Technically if I kill my wife it would be in the Devil's plans however I doubt I was forced by the Devil directly.....lol......that would be the cooking

SkinsXL--My thought process is this. There is hard factual proof that God and Satan exists. Numbers and mathematics. They are logical yet how did this "concept" come to pass. EVERY culture counts the same and performs mathematics EXACLY the same.

This is incorrect as stated. I think it wouldn't be too hard to find out why I say that if you do just a little more homework :) . But to the significant extent that similarity exists, it is (logically obviously btw) well-established as based on humans having the same shared sensory processing and other brain/digit biology as a species. How would any human, regardless of culture, have any experience or information processing outside of a human one? The rest of the paragraph is a tribute to illogical reasoning, no offense. :)

Faith is just fine and good enough all by itself, btw, IMO.

Where did everything come from. In science something has to occur for something to come into existance. People can say the big bang, but what was here to cause the big bang? Matter just doesn't exist some action has to be performed for matter to come into existance.

The old going-nowhere proposition that still gets employed, to which the equally ancient and pointless response is: "then where did God come from? How could He just always be?" Then, whatever the answer given (God always was, God is pure energy, we can't know God etc.) the return serve is to simply apply the same rationale to the universe sans God. Boy, I'd love to see this one retired someday. :)

My only question to non-believers in christ is: What do you have to lose? To believe in Christ you gain eternal life and lose absolutely nothing. On the converse, if you do not believe what do you gain?

I wouldn't use the word "lose" myself, but I'm going to leave this part to others who may want to go for it. Trust me, there's a lot of good responses to this, but I'm not doing it. :D

Personally, I usually don't attempt to bolster the meaning or worth of religious faith by arguing it "against" science, nor would use science to invalidate religion as a whole and certainly not faith. These topics are enormous in scope, and there are innumerable positive and negative aspects of each, IMO.

Spirituality and science add much value to my experience of life. Their accompanying themes are fundamental parts of our existence and preception with neither showing much likelihood of going away soon. I treasure both, but then I don't defend one particular branch of one religion as the only way and the only light, and I know how that differs from how some interpret those religions.

BTW, SkinsXL, while I may have been blunt, I had no intention of offering any offense to you in any way. I usually respect people's belief systems. I also don't usually discuss these things, but broke habit on a whim. :cheers:

BTW, SkinsXL, while I may have been blunt, I had no intention of offering any offense to you in any way. I usually respect people's belief systems. I also don't usually discuss these things, but broke habit on a whim. :cheers:

Don't worry about it Jumbo. It's all good. I like to debate with others on this topic as long as they make educated and well informed comments.

BTW, I realy wasn't trying to argue against science, I was hoping to use science to further prove that something helped the whole process along. I mean EVERYTHING is made of the same basic components just a little more of this and a llittle less of that.

Also, I am fine with whatever beliefs any one person or a group of people have. I just feel obligated to share my beliefs in hopes to help someone find their way to salvation. If one so chooses, he/she can reject what I have to say or accept it, but I am not gonna lose any sleep over it.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

my opinion:satan=terrorist

quick question?how would you expect to murder people and then expect to make it to heaven?just works of the devil ;)

on the subject of whether satan and God exists I believe the most devout atheist will cry out to a higher being or question if there really is a God in the most dire of situations.That should tell you right there that there is a God,because in your heart you have a deep seeded knowledge that there is a higher being controlling things.Someone quotes Voltaire earlier.He was an atheist and he said in a hundred years the only place you would find a bible was in a museum.Well,to make a long story short,the woman who cared for him on his death bed said she would never watch another infidel die for it was the most horrible site she had ever witnessed,in him crying out to God,and just so you all know,Voltaire's house is now a printing press for bibles. :D

As for the guy who quoted Paul.....hmmm......

Good cite however not even Paul would know this for fact for he is human.......I would say that this may be another thing you don't that literally,,,,,

Well, all right then... Let's take a look at this:

Luke 4

The Temptation of Jesus

1Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.

3The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread."

4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone.'[a]"

5The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7So if you worship me, it will all be yours."

8Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

9The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. 10For it is written:

" 'He will command his angels concerning you

to guard you carefully;

11they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'[c]"

12Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[d]"

13When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.

If the devil's not real, then who's Jesus talking to? And if the devil has no power, then why doesn't Jesus just say so? You will notice that when the devil offers Jesus the kingdoms of the world, Jesus doesn't rebuke him by saying it's not in the devil's power to do so (which would be the logical response if it were an empty offer), but instead that He will only worship God.

If one believes the Bible, one pretty much has to believe in the devil. If one does not believe the Bible, then it makes sense not to believe in the devil.

Many Christians make the mistake of giving the devil too much credit, believing he has more power than he actually does. This is dangerous. It is equally dangerous (if not more so) from a Christian perspective, however, to give the devil too little power.

Many Christians make the mistake of giving the devil too much credit, believing he has more power than he actually does. This is dangerous. It is equally dangerous (if not more so) from a Christian perspective, however, to give the devil too little power.

I have vivid memories of my last experiences in Catholic School in religion classes. One of the particularly long-lasting memories involves this same teaching- to be wary of the devil. Specifically, the lesson talked of cultish practices and ways that the devil may sneak up on you. I remember the teacher asked "Who here has played games with a Ouija board?" I was silent and looked around (I had never played with one, but I also knew a trick when I saw it)... and this unfortunate girl who seemed to get picked on constantly - and was constantly driven close to tears by this teacher - raised her hand.

The teacher ended up chastising her and saying that even though you think you're just having fun the devil can take the board over and, without arousing any suspicion at all from you, influence you to do something you might not have otherwise done.

I understand the teacher's point (from her point of view), and I think this sort of thing should be something you are wary of if you believe in demons and devil(s).

That's funny........Because from my point of view it's unlogical to think concrete proof is needed for faith in God.

We were given answers to EVERYTHING we needed to know yet some people aren't satisfied.......

When you stand before God and he casts his judgement apon you, you will believe.....the problem is that you here and now you are given a choice.....yet when it matters you make the wrong one.

Maybe it's because you never studied the who, what , where and why of Christ but I'd advise it in the least............

I personally gained faith through self teaching and others helping here ;) but I never leaned on a ministry for faith........After weighing all the facts and reading as much as I could stand I realized that this stuff happened and the only people who don't believe it only think so out of fear.

PM me if you have any Q's........

P.S. ~ Satan is a fallen angel with no power over humans IMO.....those fanatics are just NUTZ :mad:

Although I agree with you in the most part, but Satan definitely has power over humans see the book of Job, that proves it without a shadow of a doubt, he does not control someone directly, however he creates variables that lead to a controlled response. However there are instances in the bible where there were demon possesions, remember Legion and the pigs.

I think that Satan is very real and does what he can to mess up our relationship with God, however God will always win as God is the creator of all and Satan can not create anything new to God

nope, i think very logically, which is why i dont put much importance in religion. until concrete proof is found that heavan/hell actually exist, i refuse to believe that they do.

I believed in Christ for years before I finally built a relationship with Him. I even believed in Christ and acted like there was no hell or punishment, until I became born again. Now with the understanding of God and truth that I do have I shutter to think what would have happened to my eternity before I was born again. My eyes have been opened to the truth but not to all knowledge or understanding. But it is much easier to learn and build that knowledge to wisdom when I am not blinded to my own intellectual desire to have things proven in a scientific experiment. I am able to see the truth of God in His Word and His is actions, something I could not see without His truth. That is what you see, you see truth for truth and not truth as you want to see it.

The demons believe yet they shutter with fear.

If you believed in Christ this second and was born again you would still not know all you need to know nor would it all magically make sense. We have people that proclaim to believe in Christ who have no clue who Christ is nor do they understand His Word. Not by fault of Christ but because they are not truly worshiping Him in spirit and truth and their faith is not fully on Him. Many religions who claim Christianity still want proof, something tangible, something to cling to and hold onto. It might be a wafer or a priest or a statue but that is not seeing the truth of Christ.

What we (you included) need to do is to remove the blinders so we can begin to build the relationship, to see the truth, to begin to understand that God is indeed real and His justice is not of man and also you do not want justice you want mercy and Grace.

Yeah, Satan is real, look around at the world..... those terrorists are just true believers of what they believe in. Do you think you'd see a Christian so committed that they would kill themselves to get into heaven because that is what they believe would get them there? Sadly, I don't think 1/10th of Christians would die for Christ, but it is Satan's rule over the earth why such turmoil exists.

Also, for those who say that they can't "believe" religion and have no basis heaven or hell exists, look in the Bible. It has been proven historically and through artifacts, and it has been the same for 2,000 years. That it cannot be disproven in any way, and never has been, over 2000 years, is evidence alone for its truth. Yeah, religions have been established by man, and man isnt perfect, so dont believe the religions, believe God's word.

Sorry for the rant, but its the truth and I thought it should be here....

So let me get this straight, you envy the resolve and dedication to religion of the suicide bombers. :doh: To you, that is a sign of true religious devotion. To me, it's a sign of brainwashing, dellusion, insanity.

The Bible has been proven false a thousand times on a thousand different subjects. When a source is proven wrong X amount of times, they lose their "source" status. Copernicus, among others, destroyed the Bible's credibility long ago, that is why the Church tortured him.

Archived