Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hardest video game ever?

Spaceman Spiff

Probably a little dated for some guys here but the original Dragon's Lair in the arcade. I haven't played it in 15 or so years but I could only get through about 5 or 6 scenes, then it started gettin too expensive.

My brother has set up one of those "mame" things, which lets you play all sorts of old arcade games, and one of them that we have is Dragon's Lair. That game is still impossible, and incredibly frustrating

PIT FALL is impossible to beat, trust me IT CAN'T be done.

Final Fantasy VII WITHOUT strategy guide, impossible.

I certainly never beat Pitfall. There are some games for Atari that I beat (like Megamania), the game just stops at 999999. I suck at Pitfall anyway....

Final Fantasy VII can certainly be beaten without the strategy guide, since I have. My roomate in college played it while his friend read him the guide, but I did it without. There are certain things I probably missed, but that game is beatable.....

I remember this game for NES that I think was called Xenophobe that I could NEVER figure out. I just remember going through what seemed like endless amounts of doorways, which never led to anything. Maybe I was just retarded as a child, but I couldn't figure that one out.

:laugh: My cousin had that stupid game. I didn't get it either! It's funny how many games made no ****ing sense when we were kids.

If I remember correctly, my brother said you have to get the pitchfork. I think he said something about Jason's mom's sweater too. I'll ask him the next time I talk to him.

I remember getting in that damn canoe trying to paddle across the lake to save a kid in a cabin. They gave you no time at all to get there. The kids always died. The dude who programed that game is a butthole :laugh:

:laugh:

You CANNOT BEAT JASON. You have to throw rocks at him for upwards of 2 hours before he dies. Basically, if Jason catches you in that game, hit the reset button. Seriously.

:logo:

I got pretty good at the game, but beating Jason 3 times is just impossible. You had to spread your guys around the map so if Jason pops up then you have someone close. The problem was only one of em would have the good weapon (pitchfork) and he would pop up near one of the crappy slow ass guys and whoop yer ass.

Took me forever to beat Jason's mom and Jason the second time, Jason the third time is just impossible...IMPOSSIBLE!

I think Halo on the "Suicide" level was insane. Impossible to beat. Old school hard, was the original Final Fantasy for NES. I'm still trying to beat that game nearly 20 years later, now that I've got my Yobo top loader NES system. :laugh:

Haha - yeah, I played Final Fantasy a lot and never beat it.

:hammer: gas dragons!

For the super nerds of the 80's: Shadow of the Beast for the Amiga.

Took like 5 minutes to load every time you died; and you died very frequently. No saves. No places to start over from.

But an absolutely GORGEOUS game in its day -- one of those games I still remember the soundtrack to :)

Well... i dunno if anyone has ever played this besides me... but Aliens Trilogy for Sega Saturn on hard. The last level was impossible without cheats. They had like all the hard aliens in the room along with facehuggers and the queen to top it. Impossible to even have enough ammo to kill them all unless u had a cheat.

But for the people that have never played that.. it would be Halo 2 on legendary ( the library.) those little freakin facehugger-looking things take like half ur life in one hit. and there are like 5 million of them in that level.

• 4 weeks later...

NES:

TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) - For age demographics of 6-12, this game was incredibly difficult and seemingly impossible. I never got far in it because I run out of patience.

Fester's Quest (Seriously, I don't think anything ever clued you as to what the hell you were supposed to do in that game)

Strider - I don't even understand this game...I think some stuff got lost in translation becuase it was tough to figure out what you were supposed to do.

I can beat Contra in like 17 minutes... I can do it in enough lives to not warrant the Konami Code, but usually enter in the code for a little extra confidence. This game is my favorite cartridge game ever...second to the fun brought by Earthworm Jim for Genesis.

Another pointless and difficult AND boring ***** game: STAR VOYAGER for NES. That game had NO point. I mean the game stars off in the middle of space and you have to try to find something to do?!? I tried for like 15 mins to find something and nothing EVER came up.

Mad Max for NES also a ridiculous game. You could never get enough gas.

Paperboy was difficult also. How do you get the subsciptions back?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I submit Contra, which would be ****ing impossible without the cheat code.

Up up down down left right left right B A start. :cool:

Not quite:

Up up down down left right left right B A select start.

']Anyone who doesn't think that Total Carnage is the hardest game ever' date=' go play it. I think you can edit your answer and change it after you do.[/quote']

You must mean Maximum Carnage...and yes I beat that. Also beat the sequel to it Seperation Anxiety. Both were hard though, i'll admit, but very fun to play

You must mean Maximum Carnage...and yes I beat that. Also beat the sequel to it Seperation Anxiety. Both were hard though, i'll admit, but very fun to play

No, I definitely mean Total Carnage. It was the unofficial sequel to Smash T.V. It was a Midway arcade game. You die every 20-30 seconds unless you are ungodly good at it.

']No' date=' I definitely mean Total Carnage. It was the unofficial sequel to Smash T.V. It was a Midway arcade game. You die every 20-30 seconds unless you are ungodly good at it.[/quote']

Oh ok...don't think i've ever played that....

Maximum Carnage is pretty damn hard though, that at least gives me somewhat of a case :laugh:

I can't believe a bunch of you guys gave up on Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. It is an awesome game. I beat that horse boss by just running up the wall when he charged me and doing that move where you come down with your sword. To me, the whole key to Ninja Gaiden is blocking.

:2cents:

Archived