Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Comparison of Brandon Lloyd & Randle El contracts

NFLA.org stats only show the base salaries and dont disclose the amount of signing bonuses or other bonuses, but in base salary Brandon Lloyd received about $ 2.5 million less than Randle El. Both got 7 year contracts and as usual the base salaries for the first three years are at the minimum for both players.

The media hasn't indicated yet what Lloyd received for a signing bonus, but one would suspect that its close to or probably the same as Randle El received -- like $ 5 Million?

Of course some of this difference in base salary is because Randle El is starting his 5th season, whereas Lloyd is only starting his 4th.

Lloyd, Brandon

Salary History

2006 500000.00 - 85k less than Randle El

2007 595000.00 - the same as Randle El

2008 605000.00 - 215k less than Randle El

2009 3500000.00 - 500 k less than Randle El

2010 4000000.00 - 250k less than Randle El

2011 4000000.00 - 500k less than Randle El

2012 4000000.00 - 1Mil less than Randle El

Randle El, Antwaan

Salary History

2006 585000.00

2007 595000.00

2008 820000.00

2009 4000000.00

2010 4250000.00

2011 4500000.00

2012 5000000.00

If this corps gels next year, we have very young potent weapons for years to come.

As far as the salary numbers go, they will both prove to be worth it, they are all compliments to each other. The position is solidified and is stronger than it has ever been since '99.

I think down the road in '09, '10 - they're going to put pressure on one another to restructure their contracts... because lets face it, they're probably not really going to be paid that money for the final years of their contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them gone by then.

I think down the road in '09, '10 - they're going to put pressure on one another to restructure their contracts... because lets face it, they're probably not really going to be paid that money for the final years of their contracts. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them gone by then.

Either you restructure or move on, thats how it works and thats how we do it. I'd only be worried about Brandon Lloyd having a year where he just explodes and demands a new contract and or vice versa in his case, to where he never lives up to potential. I think we know what we are getting in ARE, nothing more, nothing less. 500 recieving yards, 500 PR yards, a gadget TD or two and I'll be fine with ARE, he is a fan favorite type. Lloyd is a boom or bust project, I have a strong feeling under Saunders he will flourish to become one of the top young WR in the game right across the field from Moss.

The initial press confrences seemed to suggest that Randle El would be the 2nd option in a Saunders offense. That he would likely see more snaps than Lloyd or Patton. And would be the guy along side Moss in 2 receiver formations.

Not to label a guys 1,2,3,...ect. I don't think Saunders offense really works that way, but, for now Moss is the proven go to guy and El will have to earn it through competition but I think the 2nd spot is Randle El's unless he can't hold on to it.

This would seem to indicate that the offensive staff believes that El will contribute to a greater degree than he had for the Steelers. And is not viewed as just a slot guy who will contribute average numbers and be a slash type with versatility. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully noone has to be the odd man out, including Cooley.

Archived