294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Redskins Biggest First Round Draft Disappointment? :

• 1992 Desmond Howard
    • 1993 Tom Carter
    • 1994 Heath Shuler
    • 1995 Michael Westbrook
    • 2001 Rod Gardner
    • Other

Until someone here at work mentioned it again this morning I'd totally forgotten about the draft in its entirety.

I'll probably check in on The Stadium late in the evening on Sunday to see what bunch of worthless training camp fodder we ended up with this year. Beyond that I won't even give a second thought to the Draft.

Until someone here at work mentioned it again this morning I'd totally forgotten about the draft in its entirety.

I'll probably check in on The Stadium late in the evening on Sunday to see what bunch of worthless training camp fodder we ended up with this year. Beyond that I won't even give a second thought to the Draft.

Some people see their glass half-full. Others view their glass see it as half-empty. Very few poke a hole in the bottom. ;):D

I'm ususally pretty excited about the draft regardless of where the 'skins pick.

I like to see who goes where and why and who makes a gaffe or reaches for a player and who gets a steal.

To me, it's more exciting when we don't know what the Redskins are thinking going into the draft.

Whats up with the negativity man? We have a 2nd rounder, why would he have to be a "worthless training camp fodder?"

Whats up with the negativity man? We have a 2nd rounder, why would he have to be a "worthless training camp fodder?"

First you have to realize that I don't believe the draft is the proper way to build a team. I prefer PROVEN veteran players acquired via trade or free agency.

I also don't believe that the draft is anything more than the NFL's version of Russian Roulette, played with a fully-loaded semi-automatic handgun instead of a revolver with only one bullet. The chances of getting a BAD to TERRIBLE player are so much higher than the chances of getting a HOF caliber player that it's almost not worth making the selections. Especially after the top 20 or so picks in the first round.

Then again I have different expectations of players than many people do.

Some people see their glass half-full. Others view their glass see it as half-empty. Very few poke a hole in the bottom. ;):D

I'm just dealing with the reality of the situation, Burgold. Whoever we get at #53 is not going to come in and be an IMPACT player from their first day in DC, which is what I expect out of players. The later round picks have even less of a chance of making an IMPACT on the team.

Just having fun with you, Mass. With mostly sixth rounders this year, the liklihood of striking gold is smaller. Still, the draft is usually a time of hope and after all football is about hope and escapism... so it's more fun just to let myself get swept up in possibilities. Being realistic, I leave for the important issues in my life. :D

Just having fun with you, Mass. With mostly sixth rounders this year, the liklihood of striking gold is smaller. Still, the draft is usually a time of hope and after all football is about hope and escapism... so it's more fun just to let myself get swept up in possibilities. Being realistic, I leave for the important issues in my life. :D

There is NOTHING fun about sports. There never has been and never will be. As soon as anyone is keeping score it becomes deathly serious. As serious as a heart attack. Maybe a little more serious, actually.

I don't know. If I'm having a heart attack, but the 'skins are on tv as much as I love the 'skins and I do... I think I will take the heart attack more seriously and try to get to a hospital.

Hopefully, I can make it back it back by the fourth quarter though.

I will watch from beginning to end on the first day. There is no telling if we pick up an additional second or third rounder for future picks if they see someone on the board they really believe has value.

To me it makes no difference if they stand where they are or trade future picks for someone they really want this year. It is all excitement to me, debating if they made a shrewd deal or a foolish move. I tend to think that they have more understanding and information than any of us do, as this is their profession. It is a great diversion to me and I consider it entertaining.

Following the draft for all teams makes watching the games during the season that much more interesting as I watch to see how players pan out related to where they fell in the draft.

I am lucky enough that my wife not only lets me watch without guilt, she also keeps the kids engaged if they start getting bored and she even watches a good deal of it with me as well. :notworthy she will certainly deserve a long foot rub as a show of appreciation.

Personally cant wait... would absolutely love a trade down in 2nd round and a trade up into round 4.

if we can somehow get a LB or CB with our first pick, and Kevin Boothe OG/OT Cornell... i would be on cloud 9.

then its BPA the rest!

Archived