Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think Arrington is feeding a fix in Giants' fans.....

Tom [Giants fan]

Speaking of Giants fans, I Guaran-goddam-tee Peter King will be EATING THIS UP in MMQB tomorrow.

You can practically write the column yourself:

Talk about how the Gmen's D is going to be loaded with the addition of a 3 time Pro Bowler who will be hungry to prove his worth and will be ready to set the league on fire.

Talk about what a financially brilliant deal this was which in NO WAY was excessive or a risky move.

Talk about how the Skins were completely ignorant and utterly foolish to let a player of such immense talent get away from them.

Talk about how well he'll mesh with the NY fans and the media, and that he expects an exemplary career just like the one King is sure TO will enjoy in Dallas.

And then somehow find a way to cheapshot Snyder.

His garbage practically writes itself...

Talk about how the Skins were completely ignorant and utterly foolish to let a player of such immense talent get away from them.

I know how.

Due to the Snyders ineptness at handling the cap they had to release a 3 time Pro Bowl linbacker.

what he is likely to do Tom is to get the Redskins all riled up :laugh:

that's what he did in previous years before key games against the Cowboys and Eagles. he would mouth off in the papers and then be humbled in the games.

sad, but true :(

Speaking of Giants fans, I Guaran-goddam-tee Peter King will be EATING THIS UP in MMQB tomorrow.

Talk about how the Gmen's D is going to be loaded with the addition of a 3 time Pro Bowler who will be hungry to prove his worth and will be ready to set the league on fire.

Talk about what a financially brilliant deal this was which in NO WAY was excessive or a risky move.

Talk about how well he'll mesh with the NY fans and the media, and that he expects an exemplary career just like the one King is sure TO will enjoy in Dallas.

Yeah aint Peter King great

']He has already started a frenzy. I realllllllly hope he doesn't disappoint.

He won't until he misses a tackle on Portis for a big gain, or dives at McNabb as he runs for 20 yards or isn't in position as Bledsoe throws a dump off to Jones for a huge run.

He will make big plays for you Tom and some will make ESPN and some will win you guys some games, but others will cost you some games.

And hope that he doesn't run to the media about the organization or the coaching staff......you'll never hear the end of it, matter of fact Lavar will still be the main topic of discussion when the Giants get brought up here at ES.

Not Barber (the guy I'm most scared about on your team), or Manning or Plax, Osi, or Strahan.......but Lavar.

He came to DC with the hype of being the next LT and you see where it went, now he's coming to NY as the 2nd coming of LT?

Take it as you will..........

WOW!

You should write his column, that was spot-on.

I know how.

Due to the Snyders ineptness at handling the cap they had to release a 3 time Pro Bowl linbacker.

Well, he could argue that point if he wanted, but it's hard to deny that there weren't non-financial factors that played into that decision. I think it's a gross oversimplification of the situation to say that we had to release him because Snyder could not manage the cap. For one thing, that's not his job. There are plenty of other folks (Eric S., et al) whose primary responsibility it is to manage the cap issues for the Skins. And even before the Skins had spent a dollar this offseason it had been widely speculated that LA would be released. So it's not as though they painted themselves into a corner. I think it's more accurate to say that they weren't prepared to make such a huge ongoing financial committment to a player who had become a liability both on and off the field.

I'm sure Mr. King would agree with your example though.

(edited slightly because I think I originally misread the gist of this comment)

I was putting out an example of what King might write, not my views. :cheers:

Gotcha...that was my take after re-reading your post, so I tried to edit accordingly.

Just read his piece over at SI.com and it was surprisingly low-key. Thought it was a good deal for the Giants that won't kill their cap, thinks Arrington will be motivated, blah blah blah. Not up to his usual weasely form...

Must have been jet lag.

Archived