Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade into 1st round w/ Cowboys?

Weganator

I know the draft pick would be tainted because it would have used to be a cowboys pick, but based on their website link it seems like they might be trying to trade down. Not sure if it is a smoke screen, or if you would agree with the idea, just putting the idea out there, because the cowboy's pick would beat all cometition to gettin Cromartie/Ryans/Jackson

Screw the cowboys and their stinking pick. I don't want to do bussiness with those damn dirty rednecks. Last time the indians and cowboys struck a deal, the indians ended up dead or on reservations...and thus began the Redskins Cowboys rivalry.

lol..... I didnt think about it like that.... hmmmm....

Usually I agree that you don't trade within your own division and you certainly don't trade with the cowgirls, I would do it in this instance.

You have to ask "Who gains the most from this trade?" If we can bring in a big, physical corner(who might get matched up against TO or Burress) then I think it is a good gain for us.

Screw the cowboys and their stinking pick. I don't want to do bussiness with those damn dirty rednecks. Last time the indians and cowboys struck a deal, the indians ended up dead or on reservations...and thus began the Redskins Cowboys rivalry.

Bwahahaahaha :laugh:

:dallasuck

You don't trade players in your own division, picks don't matter one iota.

You guys need to get it through you head that you won't be moving up in the draft. It would cost way too much to get there and you need depth more than just "one special player".

Besides, somebody good will definetely drop to 53. It happens every year.

with our picks we wont get anyone to help us this year? DOnt you want to be great THIS YEAR?

We will be great this year...we don't have many holes on our roster as I see it. We need a 3rd cornerback, maybe a weak side linebacker, and depth at O-Line...all those positions can be filled with the picks we already have.

Trading w/ Dallas is not an option because it would be way too expensive to move up that far.

In terms of pure points value, this is what we'd have to do:

Cowboys 2006 #18 spot (900 pts)

for

2006 2nd rounder (380 pts)

2007 1st (360 pts)

2007 2nd rounder (140 pts)

Which is a combined 880 points. If Dallas demanded it, we'd probably have to throw in a couple 6th rounders (10 points each in value) to make it an exactly even deal

That is insane.

Something tells me trading up that far is not on the Redskins radar.

I know the draft pick would be tainted because it would have used to be a cowboys pick, but based on their website link it seems like they might be trying to trade down. Not sure if it is a smoke screen, or if you would agree with the idea, just putting the idea out there, because the cowboy's pick would beat all cometition to gettin Cromartie/Ryans/Jackson

I have a better chance of going between the cushions of my couch, finding the cash to buy the Redskins there, and convincing Dan Snyder to sell the team to me, than of this happening. :laugh:

stop trying to trade up. we don't need to. everyone wants to try to get that one player who will make us better, when we already are better! we need depth and that's it. remember, when you are picked in the draft means diddly squat, anyone can be made into a great player. just be patient and trust that things will work out in the draft.

Thats alot of coin....:D

Must be a big couch then. :laugh:

We dont need to trade up, this has been discussed ad nauseum in several threads now.

Trading as high as the Cowboys pick, and what we would lose to gain such a pick is imo a complete waste of resources.

The draft is overrated. Dare I mention the cursed names of those high draft picks that ended up being horrible? I bet that pick wont help the cowturds much either. They probably would take the deal out of shock that we'd screw ourselves over like that.

Archived