Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iraq has a new Government after 4 months..

Air Force Cane

Strange that no one has posted on this. About 10 hours ago the Iraqi Parliament with 265 out of 275 members in attendance approved Jawad Al-Maliki as Prime Minister and several deputies and President Jalal Talabani.

this is what we have been waiting and hoping for for a very long time!! A government of national unity is being formed and they are all saying good things about standing together without sectarianism.

this is big and good news for a change..

Strange that no one has posted on this. About 10 hours ago the Iraqi Parliament with 265 out of 275 members in attendance approved Jawad Al-Maliki as Prime Minister and several deputies and President Jalal Talabani.

this is what we have been waiting and hoping for for a very long time!! A government of national unity is being formed and they are all saying good things about standing together without sectarianism.

Our republic in America took how many years to properly form and perfect itself?

If you take American politics out of the equations then what you are left with a quite an accomplishment in Iraq.

You forgot the link AFC.

Are you saying they've got a new PM? And the old one's still alive?

Is this a first?

-----

Seriously. Hope this one can actually accomplish something. Normally I like my governments gridlocked, but I get the impression that the first one hadn't done a single thing yet.

Congratulations to the Iraqis, and a hearty thank you to the U.S. and coalition forces who sacrificed so much to help make it possible. :cheers:

Hey, with good news in a major oil-producing state, I guess gas prices will be dropping this week, eh? :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the Iraqis, and a hearty thank you to the U.S. and coalition forces who sacrificed so much to help make it possible. :cheers:

Hey, with good news in a major oil-producing state, I guess gas prices will be dropping this week, eh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe all the way down to $70/barrell.

:doh:

I don't know what you've been waiting for for a long time, but I was waiting for WMD. The reason why I was told we were having to go to war. I really don't wait around for paper regimes to come and go, that's an unfortunate consequence of the mess we've created.

#1 supporter until we were proven to act unjustly.

Well, this is a positive first step after months of deadlock. Hopefully this is a guy who can provide some leadership.

Personally, I am not sure that a government of national unity is a great idea for Iraq at the moment, when there is no legitimate vehicle for dissent or opposition to the regime, that's when moderate opponents start getting pushed to the fringe where the lunatics, maniacs and bombers live.

Perhaps Iraq needs a loyal opposition more than it needs a government of national untiy, where no actual unity exists.

Archived