Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East Not Best Divison In Football?

HoyaSkins28

I dont think the NFC East is the best divison in football anymore. I would say its the NFC South. I think the Carolina Panthers are the best team in the NFC especially if they pick up Lendale White or DeAngelo Williams (if he falls that far) in the draft. Tamp Bay is a serious team as we saw in the playoffs. Atlanta has made some serious moves in the off-season picking up John Abraham and Lawyer Milloy. They need a WR but still are an awesome team. The Saints are getting better with the pick-up of Drew Brees. With Horn and Stallworth plus the number 2 pick in the draft (probably will get Mario Williams) the Saints could be a playoff caliber team within the next few years. I think the Saints future will ride on the health of Deuce McAllister also. If he can saty healthy hes a 1600 yard running back. This divison seems similar to ours but i think if they're not better yet, they're catching up.

No way they're better. ATL isn't that good, I still don't believe in Mike Vick. They're D is stout and they can run it, but they have no recievers and again Mike Vick has a lot to prove. Carolina is a playoff team, best team in that division. New Orleans sucks...I don't know why people think they're going to be good...we're talking about the Saints, doormat of the NFL. And Tampa is decent, but not great...Sims still needs time and they're not getting any younger.

NFC East has the best teams, top to bottom. AFC West is up there as a contender for the #1 division with the NFC East...Broncos, Cheifs, Chargers, all stacked...Raiders need some help, but they've got weapons, better than the damn Saints, I can tell you that much.

No way they're better. ATL isn't that good, I still don't believe in Mike Vick. They're D is stout and they can run it, but they have no recievers and again Mike Vick has a lot to prove. Carolina is a playoff team, best team in that division. New Orleans sucks...I don't know why people think they're going to be good...we're talking about the Saints, doormat of the NFL. And Tampa is decent, but not great...Sims still needs time and they're not getting any younger.

NFC East has the best teams, top to bottom. AFC West is up there as a contender for the #1 division with the NFC East...Broncos, Cheifs, Chargers, all stacked...Raiders need some help, but they've got weapons, better than the damn Saints, I can tell you that much.

I agree, Afc West is our only competition

Yeah, Uh... Why in the world makes you think that the saints, panthers, falcons, and bucs, compare to redskins, dallas, giants, and eagles? The eagles sucked last year and they would have whopped the saints ass. The saints arent going to do anything. Drew Brees is injured anyway. And hes not going to make that much of a difference.

Heh, btw burgandy, that post wasnt meant for you. :doh:

Futhermore

Redskins and Panthers - Push

Giants - better than ATL

Cowboys and Tampa - Push

Iggles - suck, and still better than New Orleans

I don't see how you can argue that the NFC South is better than the AFC West...

Broncos and Panthers - push

Cheifs - better than ATL

Chargers - better than Tampa

Raiders - better than New Orleans

EGGzactly! :applause::cheers:

You're only as good as you're weakest link and any day of the week the Eagles would kick the living snot out the saints. Anyday, anywhere. The Eagles don't suck and are a year removed from being the class of the conference, let alone the division. The saints are, well, the saints. First year head coach as well.

Edit - If I'm not mistaken, the NFC EAST plays the NFC SOUTH. So we'll find out who's better sure enough.

our only real competition is the AFC West... they are much better than the NFC South. WE are much better than the NFC South. Like i said The AFC West is Stacked everywhere except The Raiders. Our coaching staff in the NFC East is Much Better than both of those divisions... which puts us over the top... oh and we have ST.

The Saints? By virtue of them being in the South you can't consider that division anything better than good. Next year any team from the NFC East could be considered a contender to go deep in the playoffs. Carolina is good, Atlanta will be good if they can get Vick to perform but the Aints? They won't do jack, mark my words. As a Louisiana resident I can tell you that all the fans who aren't fed up with Benson now live in Texas and Georgia. No fans coming to the dome means no money for good players. Two months back there were more seats in the Superdome than there were people living in Orleans and Jefferson Parishes.

The NFC East is far superior to the NFC South. 2 teams from both divisions made the playoffs last year. Our 3rd place team beat out theres, and our 4th beat out their horrific one.

We have the Cowboys, a game or so off the playoffs, who have added TO and a great Kicker. We have the Giants that wont the East last season, with Eli Manning having a nother season under his belt, and an improved defense talent wise(Madison, Arrington, Short). We have the Eagles, who have wont the division every year for forever, until last year. Then we have us, who some are predicting to the best in the NFC.

Now lets look at the NFC south. The saints. Yes they signed Brees, but he doesnt take them from worst in the league to playoffs. Their defense still is horrific(52 pts to Green Bay???), and they just lost their great Center. The Falcons. They continue to have no passing game whatsoever, and as long as Vick fails to become a Pocket Passer, or the coaches fail to finally just let him do his thing, the Falcons will continue in mediocraty. The Panthers. The panthers have it all. Good defense, a good passing game, and a good running game. They should be one of the best in the NFL next year. The Bucs. They have a Good defense, but a very very young offense, that isnt that productive. They failed to add any talent in the offseason, and lost their only decent vet QB and their #3 WR.

When you look at the NFC South, you see one very good team(on par with the NFC East), one decent team(Bucs), and two teams who arent quite even mediocre. When you look at the NFC East, you see only one team who probobly wont be good this year, the eagles, and even that is iffy.

Its hard to argue the NFC south is better than us for the simple fact that it it contains the miserable Saints. Our 4th team, the Eagles, are still solid. McNabb's taken them to the Big One and if he's healthy, they'll be a threat, even without TO. Plus, the Falcons are consistently disappointing. But even if Vick finally finds himself and Brees manages to pull something out of the Aints, the teams of the East still out class them.

It is a flip of the coin. Buth divisions will be tough and we'll find out who's better because we play each other this year. It is going to be a tough road for both divisions.I just can't wait till the season gets going. The winner of these divsions need to pay back them damn Seahawks.

Seahawks will struggle this year. I guarenteed it

Archived