Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skin's are the most valueable team in the NFL

Quixote

I searched and nothing came up so here it is according to Forbes (the rest are on page two)

and if you look around we are worth more and make more than the yankees (GO NATS!)

I'm not familar with NFL economics (or economics in general)

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this information?

The NFL is worth something around 25 billion. Its in the Forbes article if you add up all of the teams value's. There are 3 teams worth over 1 billion dollars. Redskins, dallas & Patriots. I know the Giants and Jets are going to move up this list fast once they get there new stadium. We will always be near the top of the list because Synder is one of the few owners now that actully owns his stadium. I don't know the excact number but i belive only around 5 NFL owners actully own thier stadiums.

The NFL is worth something around 25 billion. Its in the Forbes article if you add up all of the teams value's. There are 3 teams worth over 1 billion dollars. Redskins, dallas & Patriots. I know the Giants and Jets are going to move up this list fast once they get there new stadium. We will always be near the top of the list because Synder is one of the few owners now that actully owns his stadium. I don't know the excact number but i belive only around 5 NFL owners actully own thier stadiums.

I thought Danny and Jerry Jones were the only two to own the stadium and Jerry will not own their new one when is comes.

I can't understand for the life of me how Ralph Wilson, owner of the Bills, had the audacity to cry poor mouth last week in the press. The guy used a David and Goliath reference. It is sickening the greed and grandoise of these people. His team is worth over 600 mil. He could take a loan out on his team and probably pay the next 5 years salaries without blinking. Not to mention the t.v. contracts alone cover about 90% of his teams salaries. This pompous jackoff should be ashamed for his display of greed. The people in Buffalo should spit on the ground.

PS- the Nats are not worth more than the Yankees. The Yanks just cracked 1 Bil, the Nats had the largest increase in value over one year. Another sport that makes me sick. These owners that don't spend the free money giving to them thru rev sharing and complain about their 'small market'. I wish I had such a 'small market' problem. F-ING MONGERS!

I think the only sports team that is valued more then us is Manchester United, but no one cares about soccer over here anyway. Yeah I'm not sure the exact number of owners that own their on stadiums but it can't be more then 5. I'll check out NFLPA.com I think I saw it there once before.

I think the only sports team that is valued more then us is Manchester United, but no one cares about soccer over here anyway. Yeah I'm not sure the exact number of owners that own their on stadiums but it can't be more then 5. I'll check out NFLPA.com I think I saw it there once before.

That is incorrect. When Snyder refinanced the Skins 3 years ago, Bank of America put the valuation of teh Skins close to 1.4 Billion. That was prior to the current tv deal. Manchester United has a lower valuation than the skins. The Redskins have the highest valuation of any sports franchise on the planet, even with the communism of the NFL.

Once Dallas gets their new stadium their value will rise significantly.

How ya figure? I lived in Texas for 8 years and not one time did I see a sold out season. Fans there are as fair whether'd as they come, and I don't see how a new stadium will change that. If the team sucks, so will the attendance.

Great topic man. So is it safe to assume that the 16 teams this list don't have to worry about moving to another city anytime soon? Obviously teams like us, Dallas, New England, and Pittsburgh aren't going anywhere but I was just curious as to whether or not high value=franchise security.

I know someone posted to the contrary, but I remember reading an article within the past 6 months that said the most valuable sports teams were:

1) Manchester United 1.77 billion

2) Washington Redskins 1.4 billion

I could be wrong, but that does seem to make sense...MU is the most popular soccer team, and there are a whole lot more soccer fans worldwide than american football. But with the steadily increasing value of tv rights, the skins could take over #1 pretty quick....

I know someone posted to the contrary, but I remember reading an article within the past 6 months that said the most valuable sports teams were:

1) Manchester United 1.77 billion

2) Washington Redskins 1.4 billion

I could be wrong, but that does seem to make sense...MU is the most popular soccer team, and there are a whole lot more soccer fans worldwide than american football. But with the steadily increasing value of tv rights, the skins could take over #1 pretty quick....

I think you are right, in the next 5 years Dan will have the Redskins number 1 in the world. I am not a soccer fan but I realize how popular that sport is over there.

We have Baseball, Basketball along with 50 others sports for our enjoyment. Pick your poison pretty much, I was a huge volleyball fan years ago, that has faded. Its Redskins football #1 and Tarheel basketball #2 and nothing else close, I will watch an occasional baseball game(Yankees/Red Sox or Dodgers Giants) or Nascar race (Daytona or Bristol).

Over there thats pretty much all they have, is that right?

This would only be true if the Cowboys would own the new stadium. From what I've heard, this isn't the case. Care to enlighten me?

The city of Arlington voted last year to approve the building of the new stadium. It will cost the tax payers of that county over time.

Archived