Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Home improvement tips for Redskin fans

Tommy-the-Greek

How to repair fist size holes in sheetrock 101.

1) Go to Home Depot and get some 12x12 inch blow out patches, a 5 gallon bucket of joint compound, a roll of fiberglass mesh tape, a 6 inch and 12 inch spackle knife, a few sheets of 150 grit sandpaper or get the 150 grit sanding blocks.

Peel paper backing off of blowout patch and center it on the hole. Then grab the roll of fiberglass mesh tape and and apply a layer of tape around the outside edge of the patch. You can use the 6inch spackle knife to flatten the tape and cut the tape at each strip. Then with the 6inch knife apply the spackle over the patch exceeding the edges by about 6inches. Take the 12 inch knife with 2 passes and float out the spackle leaving a 24inch wide application of spackle. Let dry overnight. Next day sand the area smooth. Brush off dust and vacumn the floor. Reapply spackle with 6inch knife using the 12 inch to float the area nice and smooth. Let dry over night. The next day repeat the above step. the next day sand and paint or wall paper.

How to repair 3 fist holes and a foothole in the same stud bay 101.

Ok, you can't use the damn blowout patches. Go to home depot and get a stanley utility knife and a sheet rock hand saw, and a full 4x8 foot sheet of sheet rock. Don't worry your a redskin fan and with Lewis's "D" you are going to need the whole sheet by the end of the season. You are going to need a few 1x2x 8 foot number 2 yellow pine boards to use as dead wood. You need a 1lb box of 1 1/2 dry wall screws and a drill, and a number 2 phillips bit. You already have the tape and spackle so your set.

You must cut out the affected area into a nice square. Use the rock saw and cut paralell to the floor to you hit the stud. Cut down the stud to get a straight line. Go back to the original cut and go the other way till you find the stud and cut down that stud. Now at the bottom of these cuts again cut across paralell to the floor. Now pull the rock out of the wall. Now hold the 1x2 next to the hole you just cut out, snap the forker in half. Think about The center of our "O" line and just snap the biatch. Now put a screw in the center of the board, you need this to hold it. Now insert the board into the wall against the stud. Now the board should be longer then the hole. Screw the board top and bottom thru the rock and into the board. Do this on both sides of hole. Now your dead wood is set. Cut rock to match hole. Do this by scoring the rock with the utility knife. Snap on the score and cut the paper facing with the blade. Screw this piece into the hole with the drywall screws. Now use that fiberglass tape to put a strip around the edge of the repair area. Then spackle 3 coats as previously noted sand and paint.;)

Well, I can build a house from the footings up and all trades in between, but I can't help you on the big screen tv.:laugh:

It got so bad last night my dogs wouldn't even sit in the same room with me. I am finally calming down.

When I got into my office this morning my fellow co-workers put an eagle hard hat on my desk with the score taped to it. Well I took the hat on site to a port a pot and threw it into the crapper and took a dump on it.:D That made me feel a little better, but the guys busted my nads all day long. They even put the score on my truck, the truck is very dirty and they cleaned off the dirt with there fingers to write in the score.:doh: :shootinth

The forward thinking individual, ( not to be confused with pessimist), marks said stud bays, so as not to have a run in with one of the studs, or possibly even a cleverly hidden post. Sort of laying out future re-models. :D (glad that was a foam brick I had. Spent good money on that T.V.) :cheers:

Now see? That's why I'm a journeyman carpenter. :silly: No way I'm thinking 16 inch on center, ( or thinking at all where last night is concerned). Hmmmm better get that furniture out of the way of those outlets, though I'm too old for that wall thing, can't hurt...... just in case ya know. :cheers:

WoW you guys really go to Extreams!!!!!!I usually beat the heck out of my couch and rip up pillows.When I was younger i used to have one of those punching bags for kids with some stupid looking clown on it. It since has been pounded to death and is in stupid clown punching bag heaven.:laugh:

Originally posted by escholz

Pretty friggin' funny about taking a dump on the eagles hardhat. What's the deal with everyone wearing those hardhats this year anyway? I feel your pain, though. I feel your pain...

It looked funny when I threw it in the blue water because it floated to the top. Then I dumped right on it after a few good cups of coffee. It still floated after that and other guys dumped on it too. No Eagle fan has pulled it out yet. That poor guy who vacumns out the crapper is going to have a good laugh when he sees it in there friday when he comes out to clean it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And about the hole in the eagle fan face. He should pay you for the plastic surgery service you offered. I bet he looks alot better now.;)

Archived