Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do we take with the first pick in the draft?

DC_Clone

Yomar,

Clone here has a bit of a history being radically emotional with his posts and not really being all that thoughtful or bright after a poor performance. I don't believe, though, that he's an Eagle fan. He's just an E.J. Harris type, moribund Redskin fan.

I think Clone is a Cowboy fan posing as a Skin fan (and not doing a very good job.

DC=DallasCowboy

Clone=Rome fan? That would make sense.

Clone was all over the board last year at the beginning of the season when the Skins struggled. when they turned things around he was nowhere to be seen. He only shows during times of trouble, which tells me he's not really a Redskin fan.

Can anyone find a positive post when the Skins did something right? Can anyone find his thoughts on the draft? Anything ... anything at all but railing against the Skins when they do bad?

It's early to be thinking draft (understatement), but any draft decisions should partially be driven by the fact that this team should immediately attempt to renegotiate with Stephen Davis and will have to spend some dough (I'm starting to understand the devotion of you longtime Skin fans....he is the only one on offense who looks like an elite NFL player......I'm converted....HTSD).

I'd trade down and pick up some fresh oline meat in the middle rounds. They don't cost alot and there is, IMHO, little talent dropoff from high round to middle round Olineman. That should save plenty of money and address an obvious need. If an extraordinary value pick is available high, they may have to look at other positions, but if it's between a high draft pick and SD, SD wins without question. Next year's draft should look like a cattle call with the highest priority on the offensive line and a few D line prospects in the later rounds.

There are some quality FA receivers available next year and unless Ramsey is absolutely horrible in any appearances he makes this year, the current QB's with Ramsey as the starter, Matthews as backup, and DW with the clipboard and helping coach Ramsey should suffice for at least another year.

The defense will come around, I'm concerned, but still believe they can be very good with what they've got. I'd still draft a few prospects, but late.

Oline and WR are the biggest priorities in my mind. I would say QB, but Ramsey has to be given a chance. Free agency should take care of the WR's. That only leaves the most obvious......

We all know what we need out of the draft. In fact we have been saying what we need for a number of years now. Ever fscking year it's the same old story WE NEED LINEMEN.

Can the members of the front office finally get it in their heads? Also, while on the subject a pair of capable safeties would be nice.

Actually I'd rather have McDougle over Joseph on that Miami team. And I'd rather have Wilfork over Joseph but he is a Sophmore. Not that Joseph isn't an excellent player, but I like those two better.

But I picked Leftwhich, even though I think this poll is idiotic. Just picked who I think will go first.

There was no none of the above for me to pick since there wasnt an offensive Guard for me to choose.

We waste the pick on a skill player instead of the big uglies and I have to hear my other half talking sh1t about her raiduhs and I'm gonna be upset again after draft day.

The Redskins need all the help they can get on the offensive and defensive lines. It all starts there.

No blocking in the middle of the offensive line and teams will come at you all year.

The defensive line puts no pressure on the quarterback at all.

Hell, anyone can stand back their and pick the skins apart with that much time.

There has to be someone out there that we can bring in on both sides of the ball to help.

This has not been the only game that the two lines have let us down- it started with the Pittsburgh pre-season game. So its not just the Eagles game.

:box:

Archived