Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis on ESPNEWS: The Pulse at 3:10 PM EST

Warhead36

Clinton wearing a spotty hat. He just found it. :cool:

Clinton at the celeb golf tourney w/ Lavar. Claims it is the French Open and he's golfing with Vijay, Tiger. He is supposedly the best in the world. Got his golf shirt and gloves on and everything :laugh:

Asked how close they are to the Super Bowl. Says we're really close. Got all the weapons. Excited, never had this much firepower on offense. Had Sharpe and Smith in Denver, but they were old. Now has all the weapons, looking forward to it.

Asked a question about having abreakout year with new weapons. Says he got forgotten trying to adjust to a new system. Offense wasn't spread out. Got a new Offensive Coordinator who assured us everyone would have a chance. Hopes to average 10 yards per carry even though it's never been done. :laugh:

Take on Joe Gibbs game has passed him by: Thinks Gibbs is a great coach, players coach, fun guy to play for. Lets his players go out and be themselves. Most coaches look over your shoulder but all Gibbs wants is for you to give it all. As long as you do that you'll be on his good side.

Take on TO: I hope they carry over and forget about the Redskins making a run at the Super Bowl. Hoped TO would leave the NFC East. Unfortunately he's in Dallas. Philly will stay good as long as they have McNabb, thinks they'll gel better. Year in year out NFC East is a physical division. Is prepared to face a challenge.

Question about wearing more crazy costumes: Whatever happens happens. No big plans yet. Last year it was just something needed to gel and come together as a team. Hopes we can get off to a great start so there is no late season gelling needed.

Rapidfire:

How hard does Roy Williams hit: Hits hard, don't let him get a clean shot. I might hit him with a golf club. :laugh:

Biggest difference between D.C. and Denver: D.C. fans are diehard. Didn't feel appreciated in Denver. People embraced me in D.C. My (something) was too big for Colorado. Fans love me and I love the fans.

TD celebrations: Hand the ball to the ref after scores. Tired of the fines so just hand the ball to the refs.

Overall the most entertaining interview yet. I love Clinton.

Biggest difference between D.C. and Denver: D.C. fans are diehard. Didn't feel appreciated in Denver. People embraced me in D.C. My (something) was too big for Colorado. Fans love me and I love the fans.

Normally I'd yawn or roll my eyes at comments like "I didn't feel appreciated" by my former team/fans...but in Clinton's case he might actually have a point. I can't help but think of all the comments about how it's Denver's system that makes the backs and not the other way around...how letting Clinton go was no big deal because they could plug in just about anyone and get the same production, etc, etc. In comparison, Skins fans have discussions as to whether or not he's as good as John Riggins..

Rapidfire:

How hard does Roy Williams hit: Hits hard, don't let him get a clean shot. I might hit him with a golf club. :laugh:

Clinton Portis is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!~!~!~~~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!

Dan please just sign this guy to a 20 year deal, I dont care if its impossible just do it...

My question got answered by Lavar i asked him how does he feel that experts are saying he is more sutiable for a 3-4 base when he has never played it before. His answer is nobody knows maybe the assume that because of his rushing skills.

Normally I'd yawn or roll my eyes at comments like "I didn't feel appreciated" by my former team/fans...but in Clinton's case he might actually have a point. I can't help but think of all the comments about how it's Denver's system that makes the backs and not the other way around...how letting Clinton go was no big deal because they could plug in just about anyone and get the same production, etc, etc. In comparison, Skins fans have discussions as to whether or not he's as good as John Riggins..

exactly. after coming to DC and feeling the love of the Skins fans how could one not feel unappreciated by wherever they came from?

Archived