Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES War Room

Om

Ladies and Gentlemen of ES,

As you know, we intended to bring you a full-blown ES “War Room” forum this year -- complete with full biographical, statistical data, as well as in-house analysis and rankings by ES members -- of top prospects both in free agency and the NFL Draft.

Unfortunately, while the volunteers who stepped up to help in this massive undertaking put in considerable time and effort, in the end we were unable to fully flesh the product out to a level that met the standards to which we were holding ourselves.

As a result, we’ve decided to shelve the project for this year, with the exception of making available those individual threads on players the Redskins land in free agency, as well as those drafted at the end of the month. Links to those player profile threads already prepared are being polished up and will be linked below shortly. Threads on players the Redskins draft will be made available shortly after the draft is concluded.

As far as the future of the ES War Room, we have learned a great deal this year in terms of strategies we’ll adopt to make this project live up to its full potential next year. For example, we’ll get a serious head start compiling the Free Agency section well in advance of the now annual Magic Carpet Ride the Redskins take us on in the first few days of open season. :)

Until then, to all those who gave of their time, a warm nod of appreciation and our sincerest thanks. Some of you put in considerable effort, and that will not be forgotten. We’ll be in touch with each of you personally in the coming weeks to discuss what if any leadership roles you might wish to undertake next season.

This project IS going to fly next year, and it’s never too early to start throttling up. We invite anyone who thinks they might be interested and able to commit to the time and work involved to contact me or iheartskins, via Private Message or e-mail as noted below, and we’ll take it from there.

So, enough with the excuses. Thanks again to all who helped, and thanks in advance to those who step up and help us get the ES War Room project fully airborne in 2007.

Hail.

Om: Om@extremeskins.com

Iheartskins: sol@extremeskins.com

For those coming to this thread now for the first time, be advised that the forum has been opened "as is" and can be viewed and posted in HERE.

NOTE: some of the position threads within the subforums will only show a few player positions. Others will show none at all and you'll see a "This Forum Has Had No New Posts In the Last 30 Days" message. Don't fret. This is because many of them were intially prepared before the 30-day default "Show Threads From" setting. To view ALL threads within each subforum, go to the bottom of the page and set the "Show Threads From" drop-down to 100 days. All threads will appear.

Enjoy. :)

I would like you to publsih everything you have come up with. I understand that you don't want to produce an inferior product but we are all friends here, and I think it would give the members an opportunity to see where this thing is headed, and allow for good, critical feedback.

No excuses necessary, it was a large undertaking to even consider, and y'all would have had to do some serious jumping to get out ahead of the FA signings this year. I won't deign to speak for anyone else but I for one appreciate you trying to pull it together. It will be nice in the years to come, one more fix to help us stave off the shakes in the offseason.

I would like you to publsih everything you have come up with. I understand that you don't want to produce an inferior product but we are all friends here, and I think it would give the members an opportunity to see where this thing is headed, and allow for good, critical feedback.

We'll take that under advisement, ST. :)

I appreciate you guys trying to put out the best possible product Om. However, I agree with STisGod that it would be cool to see what you all came up with. I promise to keep any and all criticisms to myself...not that I haven't done so in the past:)

Om i got a question? y cant i make new threads please PM me

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149925&highlight=threads

After you read this thread, feel free to PM me and we'll try to get you squared away. :)

I appreciate you guys trying to put out the best possible product Om. However, I agree with STisGod that it would be cool to see what you all came up with. I promise to keep any and all criticisms to myself...not that I haven't done so in the past:)

We're thinking we agree. Working out the details as we speak.

Never let it be said we're non-responsive to the membership. :)

All right folks ... onward and upward. Assuming we've set the autopilot correctly.

If not I'm sure you'll tell us. :)

Need to point out that the materials in the War Room forum are raw data compilations assembled by ES members. Not all threads/materials have been fully vetted for format or content. Meaning that any and all player "rankings" and/or editorial comments are those of the individual contributors, and not those of the Redskins nor Extremeskins.com.

With the "legal" stuff out of the way ... what that also means of course is that we don’t get any of the credit for all this material either. All credit and thanks go to the thread authors who volunteered of their time to put this material together for our information and enjoyment.

So without further ado ... the ES War Room Forum is open for business.

Enjoy.

ES Staff

Okay. For those who may not know, ( which may have been just me when I first visited), click on the drop down menu at the bottom of the page for threads from the last _____ and click on last 75 or 100 days. Then click show threads. That should reveal everything you want to see that's relevant to 2006.

Okay. For those who may not know, ( which may have been just me when I first visited), click on the drop down menu at the bottom of the page for threads from the last _____ and click on last 75 or 100 days. Then click show threads. That should reveal everything you want to see that's relevant to 2006.

YES! :)

I've written a note on the DISCLAIMER thread in War Room explaining this, and added it into the initial post above as well. All the threads ARE there, amigos, they're just beyond the 30-day default view. Follow the drop down as PCS describes and enjoy.

Umm, and this was the unfinished product you couldn't bring yourselves to share because it just wasn't good enough? Damn, I want to see this when it IS up to your standards!

Kind of you to say.

Just wait though ... if we can do this the way we're planning next year it's gonna knock off some serious socks around here. :)

Archived