Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What keeps you being a Redskins fan

XSean21TaylorX

was thinking what if alot of my favorite players left in like the next 5-6 years would i still be a fan, and you know what i really say i can, just beacuse of how the fans are, and how the direction the team has been taking, even if my fav player sean taylor left for any reason (god forbid) , ill still love this team always, so what keeps you staying after maybe years of mediocrity, is it years like this that keep you as a fan?? :dallasuck

my favorite players during the 99 and 2000 seasons, Brad Johnson, Lavar and Samuels as rookies, Bruce Smith, Darrell Green, Champ Bailey, Stephen Alexander

obviously our organization has taken better steps. Players make the team, but players will leave/retire/be released/whatever. The team will remain (and hopefully our name will never be changed). It's hard to stop being a fan when you start.

Its easy to be a fan due to the nature of the sport.....regular season and playoffs only last 5 months and only one game per week. Other sports last at least 7-8 months and play several times per week (baseball almost every day). Once you pick a favorite team, its hard to break away.

On the other hand, due to free agency and salary cap, its also easier to become somewhat jaded. Tough to see players you really like disappear after a few years. Having said that, at this point the only way I'd stop being a fan is if the team left DC, in which case I would probably stop watching the NFL altogether.

you always root for uniform over the individual players, so its fine having a favorite player, but rooting for the team should always take priority above all else. and as for what is keeping me a redskins fan? loyalty, the home team, love of football, and a myriad of other things. its weird that i am such a big fan, considering i grew up through and became a fan during all the sour years. such is the power of the redskins. :)

Archived