Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Imoh was at Redskins Park today

ChiefPowhatan17

About Imoh, the kid is classless, he forgot where he came from and figured his spot at VT was his meal ticket. I know this from several of the people he hung out with in H.S who said he turned his back on them to hang out with the likes of Marcus.

I heard the same thing from some ex Robinson players that went to VT

The chemistry in 2003 was awful on that team

By haters my friend by haters. As far as the Gator Bowl, Jimmy Williams being ejected was one of the most riddiculous ejections I have seen in my life. And the head official of that crew has had some interesting games before, just go ask Nebraska fans how they feel about him. They lost control of that game real quick, and there was a lot of **** talking on both sides

Imoh and Hill both stayed out of trouble after the February 2004 incident. Marcus however found some more of it, because clearly something doesn't click in his head

If you don't mind me asking, curious who your friend is? Seems like everyone has a "friend" that played football for VT

As far as the original intent of this post. Say no to Imoh. Too small, not fast enough, terrific college player, holds the single game rushing record at VT, but his skills don't translate real well on the field in the NFL

Personally, the player I really want us to bring is Jonathon Lewis. Great guy, and would be an excellent plug at DT. Very quick, and has the ability to dominate the middle of the line of scrimmage. And he is most likely going to fall to the 2nd day

Honestly, maybe I am a hater, but the fact is VT has had a lot of problems in the last few years and it is not just Vick as some people try to make it out to be. I respect the program and I respect coach Beamer, but he needs to get things under control.

As for my friend, I am not going to bring up his name here, but he bounced around on a few NFL teams, mainly on practice squads for a few years. I assure you, it is legitimate.

Williams' Gator Bowl ejection may have been a little unwarranted, but he had a few incidents where he crossed the line.

But anywho, I did deviate from the topic of the thread and I apologize. Imoh was a good colege player, a good scatback and may have a place in the NFL, but only as a kick returner, third-down back. I do not see him getting drafted.

mike imoh is absolutley awful. I played against him in HS and he was good then against a bunch of no named kids that will not go anywhere. I know for instance he would be given the game ball the day before games and him and a few others would go do illegal activities with the ball because it was good luck if you catch my drift. if the redskins sign him i will be soooooo disappointed in this franchise and it will show no class for the skins.

If he went to VT he is trouble.

Way to keep the stereotype alive you moron. Nothing but a bunch of thugs huh?? Because when a few things happen to a program then it's the entire school that acts that way right??? No program is clean of problems it just happens that VT had a retard named Vick that thought he could get away with everything.

EVen though we're set at RB, if its our turn to draft somebody, and the best player on the board is a RB, we could easily draft a RB.

I'm telling you, we're not going by a draft for need thing. Thats what gets teams into trouble and Gibbs doesn't like it. Its going to be to look at our draft boards and pick the best player avaliable.

I mean, if a 5th rounder this year takes the roster spot of a 6th rounder last year; then yeah it does kinda signify that we took the wrong guy last year, but should we just live with it or should we actively try to correct it.

We have many needs, but don't think in terms of right now. I think Special Teams will be an important factor in this draft and also character and upside. The guys we're gonna draft aren't going to be expected to start this year, but we'd hope that they start to challenge for spots in the coming years.

Thats probably the most ignorant post I've seen on these boards.

http://www.vtnews.vt.edu/statement.php?itemno=4

Looks like it's been a problem. Plus...have you seen that list of Hokie arrests under Beamer? Wow! Jim Druckenmiller to Marcus Vick...something like 30+.

Statement on Student Athlete Arrests

As president of this university, I am deeply disturbed by the recent news of three university football players charged with crimes. These are serious charges and if proved true, the students should suffer consequences. However, there is still an investigation underway and at this juncture, this is a matter for the police and the courts.

It is a fact of modern life that behavior of student-athletes is highly visible, and consequently this incident has received extraordinary media attention. The perceptions surrounding this incident are driven partly by assumptions about what might have happened. Some have said that if an incident had involved non-athletes, the university already would have taken disciplinary action.We believe that the university should and does treat all students the same within our judicial system.I believe that our present course would be no different than for other similar off-campus incidents involving Virginia Tech students.

Sports participation is a privilege that can be suspended. The university's Comprehensive Action Plan (see http://www.hokiesports.com/policies/cap.html) places on the athletic director the responsibility for disciplinary action when an athlete is charged with a crime.Our plan works, and I have faith in it and in our athletic director's intention to enforce it fairly. This current incident is under his review, and he will take appropriate action at the appropriate time.

Whereas the Comprehensive Action Plan deals with a student's status as an athlete, the university's Judicial System (see http://www.studentprograms.vt.edu/judicial) deals with a student's status as a student. Disciplinary action can be brought through the Judicial System separate and apart from the Comprehensive Action Plan. Referrals to the Judicial System are made either by an individual involved in the incident or a law enforcement agency. Proceedings of the Judicial System are confidential. Further, federal law governs each student's right to privacy, and thus any sanctions imposed through either the Comprehensive Action Plan or the Judicial System cannot be disclosed publicly.

This matter focuses the spotlight on issues that are problems on university campuses nationwide: student drinking and sexual behavior. This university invests considerable effort educating the student community on the dangers associated with irresponsible alcohol consumption. The Athletic Department, particularly, has developed education programs and protocols to educate student athletes on appropriate behaviors.Student athletes receive training on alcohol awareness and gambling and attendant problems, the university honor court, campus judicial affairs, Sexual Assault Facts and Education (SAFE), and guest speakers on related topics. The university's expectations for athlete behavior also are spelled out in the Comprehensive Action Plan and clearly communicated.

I have met together with officers of the Faculty Senate, the Athletic Director, the university's NCAA Faculty Representative, the chair of the university's Committee on Athletics, and the senior administrators, and it is our consensus that the matter is being dealt with appropriately and impartially. Collectively, we express the university's censure of the behavior that has been alleged, which diametrically opposes the university's core values of personal integrity and mutual respect. Finally, I hope that you will join me in reserving judgment until the facts are fully known and the court has taken action.

Charles W. Steger, President

Issued March 1, 2004, Blacksburg

Right now we are 4 deep in RBs (Portis, Betts, THE ROCK and Nemo) so he probably won't be on this team.....heck he'll be lucky to make Practice Squad unless he could really do something on ST (but that's Rock's dept. anyway).

Probably coming in b/c he played for VT and is a local guy........who knows might be on our team of 90 players come TC.

yea he played at robinson, i went to west potomac so we were in the same district. i saw that dude run track and play football. fast as hell but not very big. he could be used as a punt returner in the nfl but we've got that covered pretty well.

The reason so many football players get in trouble down here is they are high profile in a small town where there is not damn thing to do. The New River Valley is the armpit of VA, literally the economies down here exsist on students spending the financial aid. The town I live in is less than ten min from Blacksburg. I would like to see stats on normal students and their rates of arrest compared to Beamers football players. My point is the engineer who gets arrested for drunk in public or something minor like that doesnt get his name in the paper for getting a math problem right. Lets review, football players lack character because they behave like normal college students. The fans put them on a pedastal and then are pissed when they make normal kid mistakes. Furthermore, the arrest record of beamers players does not indicate character problems for his team, it indicates character problems for the police squads in other college towns. What the football players dont drink at UVA or Tenn? They do, we just dont hear about it because the cops dont get football players in these towns in trouble. In B-burg the cops are taught to treat the football players like the other students, that means arresting them if they get out of line.

I hope chris royal the safety from marshall gets on the team , he will come cheap or maybe on the practice squad

people told him he would never play D1 ball , they said at highest he would play D3

but he shrugged that off and walked on at marshall and started for 3 years

i know this because im from reston and i go to south lakes. My coach told me about chris royal. Who is also brothers with Eddie Royal who plays football at virgina tech

Archived