Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPod Question

codeorama

Ok, I'm getting a new iPod tonight.

The nano looks really cool, but for 50 bucks more, I could get the 30 gig iPod.

The only concern I have for the 30 gig model is that I will be using it for working out etc.. at the gym. Is it too big?

Do they make armband holders for the 30 gig model?

Thanks. :cheers:

Yeah they make armband holders for all sizes. Get the 30 gig, you'll never need another MP3 player unless something happens to yours. I got an ipod not too long ago and it's probably my best purchase in a year, minus the 'Skins-Cowboys tickets from last season.

Do you have more then 4gigs of music you need to take with you at any given time?

I have about 10gig of music, but I don't "Have" to have it all with me.

Ultimately, I'd like to have the 30 gig because I could put everything on it and have room to spare. BUT, if it's uncomfortable when working out, it defeats the purpose.

I'd rather have the smaller one if that's the case. :cheers:

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but personally I think even the nano is too big.

:D

I went with the Mobiblu cube which uses MP3 format and avoided the issues with Apple's proprietary approach.

It's only up to 1GB but that holds more than enough workout music for me. :D

Get the Ipod Splinter then. It looks like a toothpick.

Seriously, i have a 4 gig Nano. It holds MORE than enough. Like 3 full DAYS of music, and its nice and small, i use it at the gym and its great.

I dont think i even LIKE more that 1000 songs.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but personally I think even the nano is too big.

:D

I went with the Mobiblu cube which uses MP3 format and avoided the issues with Apple's proprietary approach.

It's only up to 1GB but that holds more than enough workout music for me. :D

I have a tiny 128mb mp3 player, it's cool, but I hate having to change out the music so often.

I had an iPod mini, but it was stolen. The size didn't bother me, I used an armband for it.

i personally think that 4 gigs will be enough space for music. ipod nano is a good size and it is lightweight. i dont see the need of having 20,000 songs on a ipod unless you are a dj or something.plus the regular ipod is way too big in my opinion.

Good point. I knew I was going to lean towards the nano because of the size, but I guess I'll have to go to best buy tonight and physically mess with both of them. :cheers::cheers:

Yeah they make armband holders for all sizes. Get the 30 gig, you'll never need another MP3 player unless something happens to yours. I got an ipod not too long ago and it's probably my best purchase in a year, minus the 'Skins-Cowboys tickets from last season.

Won't you need a new MP3 player when the battery dies? Or did they fix that problem?

are there any good mp3 players that AREN'T Ipods? I do not support Apple or the Macintosh conglomerate, and I would like one that would not feed money to that monopoly.

Macintosh conglomerate? Monopoly?! :rotflmao:

To the original poster, it depends on how you feel about encumbrances and what kind of workout you're doing. I can't go running with the iPod on me, even if it's tucked away somewhere -- I just don't like the encumbrance. But for lifting weights and other non-cardio types of working out, it's always worked well for me.

The Nano may be better for workouts particularly if your workouts are high impact. The Nano runs on flash memory. The video iPod contains a hard drive and therefore has moving parts that may not perform as well or may be more prone to malfunction with high impact workouts.

are there any good mp3 players that AREN'T Ipods? I do not support Apple or the Macintosh conglomerate, and I would like one that would not feed money to that monopoly.

If you want something really nice that is not Apple and is typically cheaper, I'd go for Archos. They have some really solid products. Of course, it all depends on exactly what you're looking for in terms of size, space, and functionality...

yes...i hate macintosh.

Just for future reference, the Macintosh (or Apple, whichever you happened to be talking about, I think) is neither a conglomerate (still not sure how that could even apply to the Macintosh) nor is it even close to being a monopoly.

May I ask why you hate the Macintosh? Have you ever used one? Did Steve Jobs run over your dog? Enlighten me.

The Nano may be better for workouts particularly if your workouts are high impact. The Nano runs on flash memory. The video iPod contains a hard drive and therefore has moving parts that may not perform as well or may be more prone to malfunction with high impact workouts.

I don't think it really matters -- I used to go running with my iPod in my hand (no, it wasn't comfortable) and nothing bad ever happened to it.

I know a lot of ppl with MP3 players even though I have no use for them, and they say that creative make the best ones... They have no love for the apple iPod either, Apple just seems to have the best marketing system.

The way I look at it is if you use iTunes the the iPod is the way to go, if you are using another download program,ie napster, then you should go with a Creative Zen NANO PLUS(my friend's personal recomendation) I think they go up to 4 gigs and you really don't even need all that space to listen to music for a whole day, maybe even a week

Just for future reference, the Macintosh (or Apple, whichever you happened to be talking about, I think) is neither a conglomerate (still not sure how that could even apply to the Macintosh) nor is it even close to being a monopoly.

May I ask why you hate the Macintosh? Have you ever used one? Did Steve Jobs run over your dog? Enlighten me.

I grew up using Macintoshes- they used to be the only computers in schools. I don't like how they're so "artsy" and so "easy." They're for yuppies and people that like bright colors.

And do you not understand sarcasm? Yes, technically Mac isn't a "monopoly", but those words were chosen for their sarcasm value.

Do NOT buy anything by iRiver. They sell crap and when it breaks, and it will, they tell you to go :hump: yourself. :cuss:

Archived