Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Tix Waiting list

XSean21TaylorX

hey if you have season tix, how long have you had to wait to get them? and really is "the list" one of the longest around in the NFL? like how the packers list is. im 20 now, and planning to live in the virgina or maryland area, so if i get on the list now how long would it take, i would be down there until possibly the next 3-4 years.

I got on the list in 1988 and got my tickets in 2001 (13 years). I lived in Maryland, California and Ohio before I got my tickets. I now live in Kentucky and travel back for home games.

Enjoy your life. Live where you want. It may be awhile before your number comes up.

Jackie

PS My friends think I am crazy but I still have the card the Redskins sent me in 1988 telling my place in line and my letter from 2001 stating I was getting my tickets :dallasuck

I got on the list in 1988 and got my tickets in 2001 (13 years). I lived in Maryland, California and Ohio before I got my tickets. I now live in Kentucky and travel back for home games.

Enjoy your life. Live where you want. It may be awhile before your number comes up.

Jackie

PS My friends think I am crazy but I still have the card the Redskins sent me in 1988 telling my place in line and my letter from 2001 stating I was getting my tickets :dallasuck

That ain't crazy.....I did the same thing! :applause:

Tough to tell what the waiting list really is since you can sign up online . I signed up 3 years ago at the draft day party and my number was something ridiculous (100,000 +). I'm guessing alot of people decline when they are called, so the list probably moves quicker than you would imagine. If I can get called within 4-5 years from signing up, I'd be really happy.

I signed up in July of 2003 and was 105,000th in line. Last July I checked and I was 65,000th in line...so I moved up 40,000 spots in 2 years. I live in Arizona but will fly out for 4-5 games per year once I get my number called.

As it stands, I usually spend about $200 per seat when I buy on line. I like getting good seats. When my number is called, I know I will be in the nose bleeds but at least I will forever own them!

I'm hoping to be called by 2010

I signed up in July of 2003 and was 105,000th in line. Last July I checked and I was 65,000th in line...so I moved up 40,000 spots in 2 years. I live in Arizona but will fly out for 4-5 games per year once I get my number called.

As it stands, I usually spend about $200 per seat when I buy on line. I like getting good seats. When my number is called, I know I will be in the nose bleeds but at least I will forever own them!

I'm hoping to be called by 2010

You will probably get called in less than 2 years. I actually got called in one year during the 2002 season. If I joined the tailgate club they would have been mine.

You will probably get called in less than 2 years. I actually got called in one year during the 2002 season. If I joined the tailgate club they would have been mine.

I'm still far down on the waiting list, but I did get a call offering me seats if I were willing to buy the REALLY expensive ones with the Tailgate club membership as well. That would have bumped me to the front of the line. This was a few years back, maybe they were having trouble selling the uber expensive ones then.

I signed up back in 1984 when we were still at RFK...obviously. My tix came in back in 1999.

I know someone who signed up at the stadium - to get the free blanket or whatever it was they were giving for free if you signed up. They came up three years later for tix.

I got on the list in 1988 and got my tickets in 2001 (13 years).

PS My friends think I am crazy but I still have the card the Redskins sent me in 1988 telling my place in line and my letter from 2001 stating I was getting my tickets

I got on in 1987 when talk first got serious about a new stadium and got mine in 2003. I always wondered just how equitable the progress up the list was. Now I'm wondering even more.

I kept all my documentation too, including my original waiting list position (27,000 something), the offer brochure for the new stadium and "the letter".

I still have the original postcard I received back in 1984 when I joined the list. In fact, I have every postcard they sent (back then the Skins used to send out a postcard with your waiting list number every summer).

I started out as 13,256 in 1984. In 1985 I thought I might move up a couple thousand....should have seen my face when I saw the card with 13,184 (I think):). I didn't even move up 100 spots.

I'd bet the turnaround on that list now is about 2 years... tops.

and you don't even need a list if you are willing to buy tailgate club passes... you can bypass me, and every other ticket holder, just by calling the ticket office and telling them you are interested.

I signed up five or six years ago at the Redskins Store in the Lakeforest Mall (Gaithersburg, MD). I called the Redskins a few months ago to check my position on the list and they couldn't find my name or my wife's anywhere on the list. They told me all I could do was go online and sign up again -- going back to the bottom all over again.

I signed up Feb 27th of 2004 and was number 139,167 on the waiting list. I called today for the first time to check my status and am now 105,397 so I have only moved 33,770 spaces in just over two years. At this rate I will get my tickets in 2011-2012. I think it will probably slow down though since the team is winning.

So they do not come up in two years tops. More like 6-8. To check your status, call them at- 301-276-6050

I got on the list in October 2003 and my number was something like 120,000 when i signed up. It is currently 75,000ish. I jumped up significantly the first year, but the past year my gain was pretty modest. I am assuming Gibbs' return has something to do with it. Anyway, if I get offered the tickets in 5 years or so that will be fine.

Just an FYI, I finally signed up last month and am just over 205,000 on the list. Very seriously doubt the wait is down to 2 years. With the teams recent success, joining now 5 or 6 years may even be an underestimate.

I call BS on that. There is no way the team has 200,000 names on the list.

In fact, after this thread, I call BS on the entire idea of the waiting list. It's pretty clear that a lot of people are moving faster than others. I would love to see The Better Business Bureau or someone investigate the team's claims.

Archived