Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Advice and assistance

G1

Hi guys (and girls).

I am a UK based Skins fan and although I have been reading the board for a while this is my first post.

I started following the SKins as a kid in the early eighties when an uncle went to DC on a business trip and brought me back some memorabillia. The First Superbowl shown live in the UK was Superbowl XVII and I have been hooked on the SKins ever since.

I saw the Skins when they played at Wembley against the 49ers in the early nineties and in 2004 me and a buddy saw our first live games in the states. Unfortantley my buddy is a Raiders fan so we visited the bay area for the weekend and saw the SKins beat the 49ers on the Saturday and the Raiders beat the Titans on the Sunday. We were planning to come to Washington last year to watch the Skins v Raiders but I was on a family holiday in Europe. I am glad I missed that one!

We are taking a family vacation in Florida in September so we will be watching lot's of games in our villa and can't wait for the double header Monday night openener.

Anyway, we have also just booked flights for the game against the Falcons on Dec 3rd and I was wondering if you guys had any advice about the best place to buy tickets, the best way to get to the stadium from DC etc and the best places to visit and do whilst we're in town for the weekend.

Thanks.

Hi guys (and girls).

I am a UK based Skins fan and although I have been reading the board for a while this is my first post.

I started following the SKins as a kid in the early eighties when an uncle went to DC on a business trip and brought me back some memorabillia. The First Superbowl shown live in the UK was Superbowl XVII and I have been hooked on the SKins ever since.

I saw the Skins when they played at Wembley against the 49ers in the early nineties and in 2004 me and a buddy saw our first live games in the states. Unfortantley my buddy is a Raiders fan so we visited the bay area for the weekend and saw the SKins beat the 49ers on the Saturday and the Raiders beat the Titans on the Sunday. We were planning to come to Washington last year to watch the Skins v Raiders but I was on a family holiday in Europe. I am glad I missed that one!

We are taking a family vacation in Florida in September so we will be watching lot's of games in our villa and can't wait for the double header Monday night openener.

Anyway, we have also just booked flights for the game against the Falcons on Dec 3rd and I was wondering if you guys had any advice about the best place to buy tickets, the best way to get to the stadium from DC etc and the best places to visit and do whilst we're in town for the weekend.

Thanks.

Hi,

My dad was drawn into supporting the skins the same way as you were, after watching the John Riggins superbowl!

Whereabouts in the UK are you based?

Anyways, this year we are also going to see the skins, whether it is against tamp in tampa, or better still, a game at fedex. I was checking websites like Stubhub.com and others, and the cheapest tickets were $149!! Im told further down the board that this is a very expensive price. Personally, i would advise the classifides section of ES. This way, you'll be getting tickets at face value, and also you can be garunteed that you will be sent the tickets. The thing about ebay.com is that most sellers wont post to the uk.

Thanks guys.

I am based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Our family holiday is to Disney in September and we're thinking of taking in a Jags or a Bucs game whilst we're there but I definately want to take in a game at Fedex.

Going to look at the Classifieds now to check the ticket prices.

Thanks guys.

I am based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Our family holiday is to Disney in September and we're thinking of taking in a Jags or a Bucs game whilst we're there but I definately want to take in a game at Fedex.

Going to look at the Classifieds now to check the ticket prices.

Ah thats a shame your hols didnt fall on the same date as the skins at tampa game! My dad and i are hopefully lookinf into the opener against minny at fedex, which would be fantastic.

Ah thats a shame your hols didnt fall on the same date as the skins at tampa game! My dad and i are hopefully lookinf into the opener against minny at fedex, which would be fantastic.
Certainly would be fantastic.

We'll be in Florida for the opener so will be watching on TV.

I'm from England as well and like you have been a fan since the first ever game on english TV, when the Raiders beat us in the superbowl. :mad:

I went to the Redskins game in Jacksonville in 2001 and paid approx $120 dollars, which was OK because we absolutely drilled them!!

I've just booked myself a flight to Florida for the Tampa game and have been checking for match tickets on Stubhub and E-bay but the best I can find is $179 per ticket, which seems a bit excessive.

Is there no way we can get tickets from their ticket office? as atm the only tickets available are from touts who are making a massive profit on them, don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying over the odds but I don't want to be robbed blind....

HTTR

I'm from England as well and like you have been a fan since the first ever game on english TV, when the Raiders beat us in the superbowl. :mad:

I went to the Redskins game in Jacksonville in 2001 and paid approx $120 dollars, which was OK because we absolutely drilled them!!

I've just booked myself a flight to Florida for the Tampa game and have been checking for match tickets on Stubhub and E-bay but the best I can find is $179 per ticket, which seems a bit excessive.

Is there no way we can get tickets from their ticket office? as atm the only tickets available are from touts who are making a massive profit on them, don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying over the odds but I don't want to be robbed blind....

HTTR

I might be looking into the Tampa game as we have relatives there. Did you book your flights online? And if so what site? It seems flights are the most expensive part of any trip.

We have booked our flights for about £275 for the Falcons game (Heathrow to Washington).

We're scourcing a hotel at the moment but are likely to rely on public transport whilst we're there. I hear it's pretty good in Washington.

Archived