Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2006:Only one issue- The Impeachment & Removal from office of Bush & Cheney

Rdskns2000

Election 2006.

Is is about national security?

Is it about the lobbying scandals?

Is it about Iraq?

Is it about immigration?

Is it about keeping the republicans in power?

Is it about returning the democrats to power?

Is it about etc..... ?

No- the only real issue this fall will be this:

Do you feel that George W Bush and Dick Cheney have committed impeachable offenses and should be impeached and removed from office?

If the answer is yes: Then you will vote for democrats.

If the answer is no: Then you will vote for the republicans.

That is basically the only real issue this fall. The democrats will deny it but they will go full force with impeachment. Bush and even Cheney are gaurenteed to be impeached by a democratic house.

Now I don't actually think a democratic Senate would remove them from office though but they will be impeached!

This is the really only real issue for 2006. As long as democrats don't raise taxes- Bush will sign most spending issues they will pass. Bush hasn't meet a spending bill he doesn't VETO and he's had republicans running things.

The whole impeachment thing will get WAY out of hand if the Democrats attempt anything without a LOT of careful thought and consideration. It was already a huge abuse of Congressional power when the Republicans tried to get rid of Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky "scandal"... things will just escalate it if the Democrats retaliate in such a short timeframe.

Well, since the House determines whether or not someone is impeached, this will be a moot point. And as long as Dems focus on stuff like this and not on issues that affect average Americans, they'll keep losing elections

Well, since the House determines whether or not someone is impeached, this will be a moot point. And as long as Dems focus on stuff like this and not on issues that affect average Americans, they'll keep losing elections

It won't be moot if they win 15 seats and gain control of the House!

Not gonna happen. As bad as the Repubs are effing up right now, to most Americans the Dems are a bigger joke. 15 seats in the House will be impossible to pull off.

Sorry to burst your bubble

I will continue to vote libertarian. Dem vs. Rep is for those who enjoy prosperity by others generosity....expression through others wisdom...wages by others gains...Good Luck.

I'm finally jumping into that boat...

No chance the Dems win that many seats in the house though... Not if the only thing being discussed is the impeachment of someone that isnt running.

Not gonna happen. As bad as the Repubs are effing up right now, to most Americans the Dems are a bigger joke. 15 seats in the House will be impossible to pull off.

Sorry to burst your bubble

Want to make a gentlemens bet Sarge? I'll put my money down :)

See this is what its all about, truth doesnt matter. its winning the house, senate and white house.

Its a suggestion campaign, starts with a whisper, turns into news, then turns into hours of debate, fill the American peoples heads with inflammatory suggestive talk about there opponent, plant suspicion in peoples mind, gain seats. this is the democratic party..

See this is what its all about, truth doesnt matter. its winning the house, senate and white house.

What are you talking about? Truth IS what matters!!! Maybe if Bush tried using it for once in his life the republicans would have a shot, instead he has destroyed what Regean created. Yes, that is true, you just fail to see it now, but the reprucussions are going to be far ane wide for the republicans, and there will be nothing that even remotely resembles the party as it stands right now.

I remember discussing Iraq with a buddy on mine in Janurary of 2002 when I said we were going in, he told me one thing. He said keep telling people the truth, and hold your head high because you know you were not one of the people who wanted to invade. Everyone else will be saying things like "I knew it was the wrong thing to do" and "I told you so", but you will be able to know that you were right from day one, and that is something to be proud of. You can look inside and know that you made the correct decision, whereas the vast majority of the public will have to come to the rationalization that they were duped, then convince themselves that the never believed in "the mission" anyway.

You know what, he was right way back then, and you are finally seeing America coming to grips with this war and taking the government back from these neo-conservative war mongerers.

Its a suggestion campaign, starts with a whisper, turns into news, then turns into hours of debate, fill the American peoples heads with inflammatory suggestive talk about there opponent, plant suspicion in peoples mind, gain seats. this is the democratic party..

How can you sit there and say that with a straight face? Have you no clue about the world around you? Do you even know how the Republican Noise Machine works? Man, the more I am on here, the more astounded I am about how many people actually don't get politics, yet think they do.

You had me there right untill the end.

So far, the only people talking about impeachment are Republicans attempting to invoke liberal boogymen. (And maybe a few D's hoping for some publicity by doing something that's dramatic and headline-grabbing, but which even they know isn't going to happen.)

Yeah, it's certainly concievable that somewhere a few D's have mentioned it. I also understand that a few R's have introduced legislation to repeal the 22nd ammentment (Presidential term limits). Anybody seriously want to try to claim that that is actually a serious proposal?

I'm not saying that if a miracle occurs and the D's take over the House that it couldn't happen. But even in that highly unlikely event, I'd say it's much more likely that what they'd do is simply attempt to start a two-year "investigation" that will produce a lot of sound bites for the evening news for the rest of Bush's term.

Just like the R's did to Clinton.

But even if all of that came to pass, they wouldn't go for Impeachment unless they were convinced that they'd massaged public opinion into supporting it.

The Dems arent going to take back either house.

They'll net 1 or 2 in the Senate and 10-12 in the House.

Looking at polls in individual states, I can actually see a scenario in which the GOP adds a Senate seat.

Remember, the National Polls asking who do you want to control Congress are as meaningful as asking my 4 year old.

No chance the Dems win that many seats in the house though... Not if the only thing being discussed is the impeachment of someone that isnt running.

Good to have another teammate.

I'm so sick of the dem vs gop crap, it's not funny. More people need to suck it up and vote third party. It's the only way our kids might see some real change. :cheers:

I agree with this. IF the democrats focus on impeaching the President, and the republicans focus on, well, anything else, I will most likely vote republican this election.

I dont see how impeaching the President helps anything. Its just payback for Clinton it seems. The man has 2 years to go. Impeaching him wont go through and wont get him out of office any faster. All it will do is cause the next democrat President to be under the impeachment gun before he (or she) even takes office.

It doesnt help our country.

If the trend holds, the dems will easily win the House. They hold a 13% edge. Impeachment won't be only thing discussed. Many Republicans will fall by then-- Frist (by scandal), Guilliani (mob ties), McCain (stopped by Republicans). The Christian coalition is dropping Republican party, as are fiscal conservatives and libertarians, as well as anti-war (Iraq and Iran) majority. Americans want the Republican reign over by a huge margin. Check the polls. There will be a steady stream of indictments and Republican scandals straight threw to 08. Abramoff and Fitzgerald business just warming up; when the House goes Dem, there will be a deluge of investigations and criminal charges...war crimes, etc.

On the immediate front, it is becoming clearly seen that impeachment may have to be used to stop Bush from attacking Iran and/or launching other abuses.

Again-

NATIONAL POLLS MEAN EXACTLY ZERO IN AN OFF YEAR.

You need to look at individual district (very few of them done yet) and state polls.

The Dems will no doubt hold a double digit lead in those generic nationalized polls. But they dont equate to individual races.

What are you talking about. You are supporting the most dishonest and dishonorable administration in the history of the United States. How can anyone conceivably believe anything Bush says after this latest revelation-- that he and Cheney were behind the leaks. Just how much proof do you need that Bush is a liar and has been lying to us all along?

Being an actual gentleman is another requirement.

Yet again adding absolutely nothing to this board excpet trolling, do you actually have a life, or do you just like to go around showing everyone else that you are illequipt to deal with reality everyday?

What are you talking about? You support the most dishonorable administration in the history of the United States, one that has repeatedly proven itself totally unworthy of trust. This last revelation-- that it has been lying about leaking its own classified material--ought to have you wearing a bag over your head. What hasn't Bush lied about-- from WMD to torture policy? Your credibility is totally blown. Face facts. Try living in the real world...start by checking the polls. You've lost the House, unless a miracle comes along.

Keep your head in the sand and you'll lose the Senate as well. As a matter of fact, if you conservatives don't step up to the plate and do something to shut this administration down, you stand a good chance of losing a place in American politics for a couple of decades or so.

I like that idea. How about if Chometrics lose (I might join just for fun) we wear a Rove or Bush avatar. If you lose you wear a Howard Dean avatar? I'm not sure if it's probable, but I do think it would be better for the nation to get rid of a lot of the current bums, dems and repubs. I think we need a major transfusion to clear away all the bad blood.

What are you talking about. You are supporting the most dishonest and dishonorable administration in the history of the United States. How can anyone conceivably believe anything Bush says after this latest revelation-- that he and Cheney were behind the leaks. Just how much proof do you need that Bush is a liar and has been lying to us all along?
What are you talking about? You support the most dishonorable administration in the history of the United States, one that has repeatedly proven itself totally unworthy of trust. This last revelation-- that it has been lying about leaking its own classified material--ought to have you wearing a bag over your head. What hasn't Bush lied about-- from WMD to torture policy? Your credibility is totally blown. Face facts. Try living in the real world...start by checking the polls. You've lost the House, unless a miracle comes along.

Keep your head in the sand and you'll lose the Senate as well. As a matter of fact, if you conservatives don't step up to the plate and do something to shut this administration down, you stand a good chance of losing a place in American politics for a couple of decades or so.

WE GET IT. Christ. You dont like Bush. Youve made your position clear. You really dont need to argue with everyone that disagrees with YOUR position.

Archived