Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do We Save Plays For Dallas?

RiggoReincarnated

Do you all think that against Minnesota, at home, we should just beat them up with power Redskins football...hold onto the ball for 40 minutes and not be flashy so that when we face a more sophisticated defense in Dallas the following week...we can open up the playbook and unleash a bevy of offensive secret plays like nobody has yet to see!

I seriously think Minnesota is a subpar road team. They are really only good at the Metrodome.

Jason Fabini at tackle will cause Drew Bledsoe a LOT of pain vs. the Redskins. As with Torrin Tucker last year, Williams will isolate Fabini in pass protection and the defense will attack #11 as they did in 2005.

They didn't have Flozell Adams in the second game...and we didn't get any sacks against them in the first game. Though other then the flea-flicker pass, Bledsoe didn't do much against our defense in the first game either.

The game plan we have, both offensively and defensively, will be different for every team we play because each team will have unique weaknesses. In every game you will see plays that we execute very well and then the rest of the plays will be designed to attack that weeks opponents weaknesses. Joe Gibbs will not hold back on Minesota unless they get out to a big lead early.

well, i dont think it really matters, because apparently saunders doesnt use the same play more than once a season or something like that
Not quite, he does not call the same play 2 weeks in a row. He never repeats a call during a game and has been known to call a play and then not call it again until 4 weeks later, even though the play was very successful. He must have a huge playbook....:laugh:

The game plan we have, both offensively and defensively, will be different for every team we play because each team will have unique weaknesses. In every game you will see plays that we execute very well and then the rest of the plays will be designed to attack that weeks opponents weaknesses. Joe Gibbs will not hold back on Minesota unless they get out to a big lead early.

Good point. Does anybody else find themselves wanting to go to Dallas to see this game?

Not quite, he does not call the same play 2 weeks in a row. He never repeats a call during a game and has been known to call a play and then not call it again until 4 weeks later, even though the play was very successful. He must have a huge playbook....:laugh:

Thats good lol. the Portis half back pass worked the first time, but trying it again against Philly and TB didn't quite go the same way.

yeah, that sounds a lot more reasonable than what i said. But he's definately OCD about his play selection

They didn't have Flozell Adams in the second game...and we didn't get any sacks against them in the first game. Though other then the flea-flicker pass, Bledsoe didn't do much against our defense in the first game either.

That's true. Plus we didn't have Andre Carter or Archuleta either. I really believe that the main concern going into Dallas will be shutting down the run and those damn trick plays. But then again, they really have not been able to run against us as of late and TO is never really a factor when we face him.

But Dallas has had trouble facing both Brandon Lloyd and Santana Moss. Plus they gave up 3 TDs to Cooley. Plus they have never really had to face Randle-El or Al Saunders type of offense. I think we have the upper hand against Dallas. It is just a matter of executing and playing to full potential.

That's true. Plus we didn't have Andre Carter or Archuleta either. I really believe that the main concern going into Dallas will be shutting down the run and those damn trick plays. But then again, they really have not been able to run against us as of late and TO is never really a factor when we face him.

But Dallas has had trouble facing both Brandon Lloyd and Santana Moss. Plus they gave up 3 TDs to Cooley. Plus they have never really had to face Randle-El or Al Saunders type of offense. I think we have the upper hand against Dallas. It is just a matter of executing and playing to full potential.

They did face KC (Saunders offense) in week 13 last year and won 31-28...but Johnson ran all over them and KC doesn't have nearly the defense we do.

the key for the Redskins last year in the NFC East games was that outside the first Giants game, the Redskins lines were able to handle their opponents. That's why it was so important to get Dockery resigned for 2006 and keep continuity on both sides of the ball. Adding Carter was huge because it allows Evans and Wynn to provide depth at all four spots.

Archived