Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate scams

spjunkies

Will GW turn Clemons into a great Linebacker for the SKins??  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will GW turn Clemons into a great Linebacker for the SKins??

• Yes, I think so!!!
    • No, but he should do well this year as a back up.

Guys whatever you do please stay FAR away from freecreditreport.com it turns out these *******s have been charging me 12.95 per month for the "free report" for who knows how long, it doesn't end there it's 12.95 x 4 because I helped some people in my family get their report. Now I have to find some damn time that I DON'T have to go to the bank to file a dispute

Turns out I'm not alone

http://badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff147494.htm

sadly, YOU gave them your credit card info. A lot of credit card companies won't give you your money back because YOU gave them your credit card number.

I see what you're saying but they make you give it to them in order for them to give you your report and they say that they will not charge.

I see what you're saying but they make you give it to them in order for them to give you your report and they say that they will not charge.

No. They do tell you there will be a recurring charge. There is a trial period. During which you have the right to cancel with no charge. Most people don't bother to read things. When you give your credit card # right above it, it reads "Your credit card will not be charged during the free trial period. However, valid credit card information is required to establish your account."

Futhermore, it also says (before you click continue):When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple AdvantageSM. If you don’t cancel your membership within the 30 day trial period, you will be billed $12.95 for each month that you continue your membership. If you are not satisfied, you can cancel at any time to discontinue the membership and stop the monthly billing; however, you will not be eligible for a pro-rated refund of your current month’s paid membership fee.

Thats ample warning IMO. He may get his money back if the creditcard company has sympathy. At the credit card company I worked at, you would most likely be stuck with atleast 1/2 the charges.

No. They do tell you there will be a recurring charge. There is a trial period. During which you have the right to cancel with no charge. Most people don't bother to read things. When you give your credit card # right above it, it reads "Your credit card will not be charged during the free trial period. However, valid credit card information is required to establish your account."

When I signed up that warning was NOT on the site, can I prove it? no but I'm telling you the truth.

I'm getting my ****ing money back.

I understand somewhat where you're coming from... but don't you think you are being unreasonable?

What is the name of the site? FREEcreditreport? :doh:

It's a scam. Plain and simple.

(As for fine print and people not reading it... I hope you are not a homeowner because it probably took you 74 hours to close on your house while you kept everyone waiting reading every single piece of fine print on every document you signed. :2cents: Fine print is just that... further explanation of the rules. Not making them up or changing them.)

I understand somewhat where you're coming from... but don't you think you are being unreasonable?

What is the name of the site? FREEcreditreport? :doh:

It's a scam. Plain and simple.

(As for fine print and people not reading it... I hope you are not a homeowner because it probably took you 74 hours to close on your house while you kept everyone waiting reading every single piece of fine print on every document you signed. :2cents: Fine print is just that... further explanation of the rules. Not making them up or changing them.)

Listen, I'm not trying to be a jerk. However, this isn't even fine print. Its normal sized font and it isn't hidden. Its 1 sentence right above your credit card number. If you used a debt card, you will have to rely on the mercy of the site to refund your money I believe. If its a Visa/MC check card, you might have more recourse. Best to check with Visa or mastercard directly.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a jerk. However, this isn't even fine print. Its normal sized font and it isn't hidden. Its 1 sentence right above your credit card number. If you used a debt card, you will have to rely on the mercy of the site to refund your money I believe. If its a Visa/MC check card, you might have more recourse. Best to check with Visa or mastercard directly.

I admit I don't know the details... if it is in plain site in a normal fontsize, etc., that is different, I agree.

I'm sorry but normally when these sites add something on to what they ADVERTISE they give you a little box that tells you what that add on is and they make you click it.

Either way I'm going to wachovia in the morning because this is simply wrong.

When I signed up that warning was NOT on the site, can I prove it? no but I'm telling you the truth.

I'm getting my ****ing money back.

it was up there 2 years ago when i signed up, i just think you don't bother to read when you sign or give away your number. you didn't get scammed, you got screwed by your own laziness, good luck getting your money, it won't happen.

This is not a scam.

They invite you to have a free credit report in return for authorization to charge you in the future for additional reports, if you don't cancel within 30 days. If you cancel within 30-days you have your credit report for free. They make cancellation very straightforward. I used it myself and had no issues.

Many magazines promote themselves in the same way.

it was up there 2 years ago when i signed up, i just think you don't bother to read when you sign or give away your number. you didn't get scammed, you got screwed by your own laziness, good luck getting your money, it won't happen.

Apparently I'm not alone here because I've been reading about a lot of people who have been screwed over by these fools and have gotten their money back.

:applause:

Apparently I'm not alone here because I've been reading about a lot of people who have been screwed over by these fools and have gotten their money back.

no, it's fools that have been screwed either because of their inability to read before giving credit card info, or because of just plain stupidity. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you still won't get your money back.

no, it's fools that have been screwed either because of their inability to read before giving credit card info, or because of just plain stupidity. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you still won't get your money back.

No offense but I'll take her word over yours

Her MAIN concern were the 4 charges, if it was just one I might've been in trouble but since they charged me multiple times she sees a MAJOR problem with that.

False

Just spoke w/ wachovia rep, she said she has gotten a lot of complaints about this company. She also told me what to say when I go to the bank tomorrow and said I should have no problem getting my money back :silly:

Sure they'll give you your money back....because they feel sorry for you. :D

Her MAIN concern were the 4 charges, if it was just one I might've been in trouble but since they charged me multiple times she sees a MAJOR problem with that.

Still the fact that you didn't cancel the free trial is proof that you didn't read.

take her word all you want, it isn't up to her or the bank in case you're interested....only the company can agree to dropping the charges. and you have no case since it tells you plain as day before you submit anything, what charges you will incur if not cancelled. they charged you multiple times, because it was part of the deal you agreed to. i do feel bad for you in a way because it sucks, i'm just trying to give you a realistic perspective on how things work with that crap. i personally got screwed by the e-bay scam a few years back. did i get my money back? hell no, and THAT was a scam.

Archived