Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who, When & Where in History would you be?

Mass_SkinsFan

I'm sure somebody has done one of these around here some time in the past, but I think it's an interesting exercise anyway, and I find it interesting to see the responses....

If you could be any person (general or specific) at any time and place in history, who would you be?

You can be a specific individual (Socrates, Lincoln, etc...) or a general archtype (roman soldier in 6th Century Britian) from any time period and location you want. The caveat to this is that you have to live that person's life from birth to death. You have to take the bad with the good. No "Quantum Leap" bologna.

I'm sure somebody has done one of these around here some time in the past, but I think it's an interesting exercise anyway, and I find it interesting to see the responses....

If you could be any person (general or specific) at any time and place in history, who would you be?

You can be a specific individual (Socrates, Lincoln, etc...) or a general archtype (roman soldier in 6th Century Britian) from any time period and location you want. The caveat to this is that you have to live that person's life from birth to death. You have to take the bad with the good. No "Quantum Leap" bologna.

You should probably start the thread with your own answer.

Sorry for the delay in getting my response to my own thread posted. I actually had to deal with some WORK here in the office....

Personally, I'd be a Ninth Century Norse Huscarl (house gaurd) and Viking from Norway. It's an area and time of history that I love reading about and researching. I love Norse culture and society. It's exceptionally interesting and full of life. The ability to go a-viking would just be an added benefit.

This is difficult.

Some people opt for historically-significant people which is great, but you have to wonder if they were beloved then like they are now. Also, did they live fulfilling and enjoyable lives or just leave behind great legacies?

It's boring, but for me, I think I'd like to have lived in America in the 1950s and see what that "simpler time" was really like...

It's boring, but for me, I think I'd like to have lived in America in the 1950s and see what that "simpler time" was really like...

That makes two of us. I'm just taking your answer and making it mine. But I've always wished that I was around during those times. Everything seems so much easier

That's easy, Jesus. The whole walking on water thing is cool, plus turning water into wine is a huge plus at parties.

Although the crucifixion mess is kind of a downer.

Who wants to party with a bunch of dirty, short Jews anyway? If he turned that water into FUNK, though, like the legends claim... mebbe I could chill with him. Then I would tell him to use his superpowers to get off that cross.

I would have been on the Lewis & Clark expedition. The opportunity to see the west before the white man impacted it so much (read spoiled) would have been incredible. Herds of millions of bison, elk and antelope. The fishing must have been efin awesome. :(

That's an interesting one. I had never really thought about it in that way, but it's a really cool concept. I could really get into that as well.

Archived