Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated President in US History?

Johnny Punani2

Lincoln was a lot like Dan Snyder. He started out going with the big name generals and tried to be involved with all the aspects of the war. He finally figured out Grant was the man, and let Grant bring in his favorite generals. Then Lincoln stayed out of the way to let the guys will all the experience get the job done.

thats a horrible analogy. Grant was a drunken mess and his best general, Sherman, was a paraniod lunaitic. The only reason the Union won the war was b/c they had like 3 to 1 ratio in forces and nearly endless resources compared to the Confederates. And for the last 2 or 3 years of the war, the confederacy was such a mess that it wouldn't have taken much to get them to surrender.

doesn't really work for mckinley.

and just imagine how close Gerald Ford would have been to becoming the most nostalgic of all presidents...he was shot at twice. :paranoid:

DAMMIT! I made it through 4 pages of posts intending to post this joke and on the last damn page you had the same joke, almost word for word that I was going to make... lol

BTW- most overrated president- easily reagan- the guy could give a speech and that's about it. (And that's apparently all it takes.)

(on a side note- most underrated as a president? Thomas Jefferson)

The only reason the Union won the war was b/c they had like 3 to 1 ratio in forces and nearly endless resources compared to the Confederates.

And eventually learned how to use them to their advantage, by fighting U. Grant steamroller style rather than letting Lee dictate the war.

You know, pretty much the same reasons the US and Allies won WWII.

(on a side note- most underrated as a president? Thomas Jefferson)

How the heck is he underrated? Most Americans think Jefferson walked on water. Both liberals and conservative think he is one of theirs, and quote him all the time to support whatever they believe in.

How the heck is he underrated? Most Americans think Jefferson walked on water. Both liberals and conservative think he is one of theirs, and quote him all the time to support whatever they believe in.

Read the language- "as president" to see what I mean

What is the most overrated President in US history and why?

With out a doubt it's Lincoln for me.

He suspended the US Constitution, arrested political opponents, allowed the illegal creation of West Virginia, started the Civil War, was a racist, etc.

Hard to argue with the results though. He may not have been a nice guy, but he held it together through a crazy time.

Wow. Its just the name of an airport Rince. I would think that pales in comparison to MH banging your mom on the regular as far as the ball kickage scale goes.

Its not like they named a nice airport after him. Reagan National is a cluster****.

How is REAGAN National a cluster ****?

And the closet thing this country has had to a dictator was Washington.

Cant really say that, since he had a chance to be a military dictator but chose not to. I really cant think of any reason you would say that...I mean because he decided how the president would act? The Founding Fathers hoped he would shape what the president would do. I really cant go on...not sure what youre getting at.

The problem with overrated is you go by your lifetime by most people.

I'd say most OVERRATED is FDR..

People see his as the most termed president and almost a King...

But he did so many things that were sooooo wrong its unbelievable...

The problem with overrated is you go by your lifetime by most people.

I'd say most OVERRATED is FDR..

People see his as the most termed president and almost a King...

But he did so many things that were sooooo wrong its unbelievable...

Agreed.

For people who think it's Reagan, I'm guessing most of you are too young to remember the failed Keynesian policies of the 70s under 2 of our worst domestic presidents, Nixon and Carter, and don't realize income and investment taxes were about double what they are now. Reagan prevented us from going in the direction Europe has gone. Call him a simpleton, but the long term effects of his Presidency were positive. Ironic that Clinton was the only one to successfully implement Reaganomics, whereas W is destroying it and rolling back all the best fiscal reforms of the mid-90s.

Archived