Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerry Jones selected to NFL Commissioner search panel

HeHateMe

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/040606cpcowlede.5cf3a21.html

Jones selected to commissioner search panel

08:07 PM CDT on Wednesday, April 5, 2006

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will have a major say in who will be Paul Tagliabue's successor as NFL commissioner.

Jones was one of eight owners appointed by Tagliabue to be on the search committee, joining Oakland's Al Davis, Kansas City's Lamar Hunt, the New York Jets' Woody Johnson, New England's Robert Kraft, Chicago's Mike McCaskey, Carolina's Jerry Richardson and Pittsburgh's Dan Rooney.

Rooney and Richardson will chair the committee. Tagliabue said last week he hopes a new commissioner will be in position when he steps down at the end of July.

NFL chief operating officer Roger Goodell is considered the frontrunner to replace Tagliabue. Other possibilities include Baltimore's Dick Cass, a former legal counsel for Jones, and Tampa Bay's Rich McKay, although the NFL has hired a search firm for additional candidates.

The league's next scheduled meeting is May 23-24 in Denver. It takes 22 of 32 votes for a new commissioner to be elected.

good, hes a high revenue owner like snyder, same interests

Agreed, Jones and Snyder arent much different they both run the most profittable teams in the NFL, I would much much rather see him helping out than those retards up in Buffalo, at least Jones will speak for our and Dallas' common interests in a commissioner as they are quite similar.

Agreed, Jones and Snyder arent much different they both run the most profittable teams in the NFL, I would much much rather see him helping out than those retards up in Buffalo, at least Jones will speak for our and Dallas' common interests in a commissioner as they are quite similar.

Snyder has atleast learned to defer to his coaches on all personnel issue. He knows his job is just to write checks and keep things running smoothly on the business side. On the Dallas side of things, JJ goes and signs TO...

Snyder has atleast learned to defer to his coaches on all personnel issue. He knows his job is just to write checks and keep things running smoothly on the business side. On the Dallas side of things, JJ goes and signs TO...

JJ has 3 SB's doing it his way, hard to argue with him.

I credit Jimmy Johnson, not Jerry Jones. The Cowboys started to decline the moment he left and never really got back to the same form.

Credit Johnson all you want.

It was Jones who made the Hershel Walker deal, not Johnson.

Without that deal, we dont win 3 Super Bowls.

I credit Jimmy Johnson, not Jerry Jones. The Cowboys started to decline the moment he left and never really got back to the same form.

A little thing called the salary cap had a lot more to do with the decline than Johnson's departure did.

Not taking anything away from the one big deal Jones made, but Johnson I believe selected the players in the draft that led to 3 SB's. Johnson built that team. Jones just got him some more draft choices.

Johnson certainly was the focal point of all draft selections.

But remember how hands on he was then.

Not a pick was made without his approval.

Sure he deferred to Johnson a lot, but rest assured, Jones had to ok every selection.

Because of that style, Johnson wanted out.

Johnson certainly was the focal point of all draft selections.

But remember how hands on he was then.

Not a pick was made without his approval.

Sure he deferred to Johnson a lot, but rest assured, Jones had to ok every selection.

Because of that style, Johnson wanted out.

Yes, but it was Johnson who did the selecting and Jones that did the approving of draft choices. You have to give Johnson a lot of credit for selecting the right players including two HOF's. I don't think that drug using WR should get in before Monk.

Yes, but it was Johnson who did the selecting and Jones that did the approving of draft choices. You have to give Johnson a lot of credit for selecting the right players including two HOF's. I don't think that drug using WR should get in before Monk.

Wow.

That was out of left field.

Not sure when the Irvin/Monk debate came about or what it has to do with this thread.

But hey, its all good.

Theyll both get in; but if I had to bet, Irvin will be before Monk.

Archived