Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "LaVar to Giants Rumor" Discussion Thread

jeronimobrat

I am with the gray one. let it go people, he is no longer one of us he is one of them

Hail all things redskins:especially EX players who payed to be with us no longer

this has more answers than where's waldo.... who cares where lavar ends up? he is gone... if we face him, trust saunders to exploit his weaknesses

What? Have you been paying attention to the NFL news in the last month? THe Giants signed Demps, and they have Gibril Wilson. As well as signing Madison to start and R.W. McQuaters as depth. The Giants need an OLB and a DT.

really havent been paying attention to the Gmen pick ups.... sounds like they got a lil thicker on D.

The Giants don't need a damn linebacker, the need safeties, and cornerbacks. My gosh people, who cares if he goes to the Giants? The Giants had the 27th ranked pass defense last season, and we exploited that late last season, and with our new offensive weapons, we will kill them this season.

Let them sign 5 linebackers. They don't need them..

They got hurt with injuries in that position last year - but even with everybody healthy LB is still the biggest need they have IMHO. However I just do not see Arrington as a Tom Coughlin type player - Coughlin would need heart surgery by the bye week watching Arrington freelance ......

I'd bet Bengals - if he drops his price tag.

Now - back to the Redskins .........

The Giants don't need a damn linebacker, the need safeties, and cornerbacks. My gosh people, who cares if he goes to the Giants? The Giants had the 27th ranked pass defense last season, and we exploited that late last season, and with our new offensive weapons, we will kill them this season.

Let them sign 5 linebackers. They don't need them..

Thank you buzz! Please post this as many times as possible in this thread :laugh:

WHO CARES! The guy's kryptonite is pass coverage so he certainly won't help that cause.

I hope he goes to the Giants.. Sure the Skins will have zero problem burying him right next to hoffa

Well you know what the first play would be against them. Fake pitch to Portis and Brunell bootleg to a wide open Cooley. Lavar will just miss getting to Brunell and the Giant fans won't realize that Cooley was Lavar's man. They'll just be talking about how quickly Lavar recovered after biting hard on the fake to Portis and closed on Brunell and almost got him.

Well you know what the first play would be against them. Fake pitch to Portis and Brunell bootleg to a wide open Cooley. Lavar will just miss getting to Brunell and the Giant fans won't realize that Cooley was Lavar's man. They'll just be talking about how quickly Lavar recovered after biting hard on the fake to Portis and closed on Brunell and almost got him.

Sounds like most of the past 5-6 seasons.

Even when the Skins play the Giants and Lavar starts he wont be able to catch anybody with all of the weight he has gained. Look at some of his games before his injury then look at his games after he came back from his injury. The best example i remember was when he had an interception in the wild card game against Tampa he was running as fast as Ted Washington.

Got this from KFFL

Giants | Team and Arrington remain apart on contract

Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:06:11 -0700

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants and free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) have not been able to reach a contract agreement and money appears to be the key issue. The Giants have real interest in Arrington but have engaged in no real substantive talks with his agents since making an offer three weeks ago. Arrington met the Giant coaching staff but did not take a physical or work out for the team. After the visit, the framework of a contract proposal was presented to Arrington's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston. It was considerably less money than what the Poston's were seeking. The Giants have not announced they have ceased negotiations or taken their offer off the table, but the difference in the contract offered and sought is so great that there is not much to talk about.

he does that in madden all the time!!!! ever fake he goes for the qb, its so annoying!!

Got this from KFFL

Giants | Team and Arrington remain apart on contract

Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:06:11 -0700

Paul Schwartz, of the New York Post, reports the New York Giants and free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) have not been able to reach a contract agreement and money appears to be the key issue. The Giants have real interest in Arrington but have engaged in no real substantive talks with his agents since making an offer three weeks ago. Arrington met the Giant coaching staff but did not take a physical or work out for the team. After the visit, the framework of a contract proposal was presented to Arrington's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston. It was considerably less money than what the Poston's were seeking. The Giants have not announced they have ceased negotiations or taken their offer off the table, but the difference in the contract offered and sought is so great that there is not much to talk about.

Thanks for the update. This along with what dent19 says about LA not going to the Giants...all appears credible and makes sense. I say he goes to the fins.

Archived