Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Godfather III ruin the other 2?

Cdowwe

Whats everyone's take on the third Godfather? Should Coppola just have stopped at II?

Personally, I thought the first Godfather was a masterpiece in the way it ended. However, the second one just added to it. The way it ended left to the imagination. You were able to imagine yourself what happened to Michael. I kinda think the third one was unnecessary. It really didnt add anything too great, but was still entertaining? Whats everyones take on it?

I've seen I and II, but never seen III.

Thanks for saving me from wasting the time watching III.

HBO always shows I and II over and over, but rarely ever III, if ever at all.

Maybe there's a good reason for that.

I think this thread was inspired by the fact that III was just on TV (USA maybe?)

I wish they would come out with a number IV. Andy Garcia was named the Godfather in III. With all the remakes recently, why not make another Godfather?

Especially with this being the last season of Sopranos.

I would love a number IV!!!!

I wish they would come out with a number IV. Andy Garcia was named the Godfather in III. With all the remakes recently, why not make another Godfather?

Especially with this being the last season of Sopranos.

I would love a number IV!!!!

No way, if III put a gash in the Godfather legacy, IV would just be pouring lemon juice on it. The only way they could even attempt to pull it off, would be to somehow make Pacino young, and have it set directly after II, but thats impossible.

No way, if III put a gash in the Godfather legacy, IV would just be pouring lemon juice on it. The only way they could even attempt to pull it off, would be to somehow make Pacino young, and have it set directly after II, but thats impossible.

Why? They did not do well with III, but they could redeem themselves with a IV. Just because III sucked doesn't mean IV would suck!

I would love another Godfather and I know they would make plenty of money.

Why not pick it up after III? They could still use Andy Garcia. Hopefully he would have had enough of his cousin by this time :doh:

They could bring it current like the Sopranos. I really think they could come out with a good one.

It is too bad they made Pachino look so old in III, because he could still play another one.

Archived